San Diego St Game Plan | Syracusefan.com

San Diego St Game Plan

anomander

Living Legend
No 3's allowed. It's the best our offense looked all year . If we're forced to shoot over 20 threes a game were in trouble . I would like to see a lot more driving tonight .

In all seriousness, we actually went inside and totally abandoned the three and it worked. Sadly we haven't used that approach, maybe JB should ban 3 point shots for 1 game and see what happens.

We are a team team that has length that will create the worst possible matchup for MU's offense. They could have some trouble getting off good shots and getting themselves into bad situations when they try to penetrate the zone. Hopefully that will result in getting traps that force them into bad passes that we can turn into turnovers and fast break points. If If we can make some GD outside shots and hit the offensive glass hard we should be fine.

The one problem I have with our D is the wings (especially James) getting caught down low trying to help out on the penetrator leaving the wing on the baseline wide open for an uncontested 3 or at best a late fly-out by James leaving him vulnerable to a shot fake or at worse a foul. This seems to be a recurring problem with him. Not sure if it is one of the downsides to playing zone or he is not making the correct play.

We are a team team that has length that will create the worst possible matchup for MU's offense. They could have some trouble getting off good shots and getting themselves into bad situations when they try to penetrate the zone. Hopefully that will result in getting traps that force them into bad passes that we can turn into turnovers and fast break points. If If we can make some GD outside shots and hit the offensive glass hard we should be fine.

Yeah, totally. But we're a lousy offensive team and it won't matter if Marquette gets down early as we saw what happened with UConn/Georgetown. Hoping for lots of transition points!

I know James is a great 3 point shooter but I liked this team with Grant playing the 4. He's more active around the rim than CJ. James an CJ should be rotating in for each other. The team doesn't have a power forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom