Sat could be fun | Syracusefan.com

Sat could be fun

upperdeck

Living Legend
latest 10am Nam for snow

upload_2018-2-28_11-30-15.jpeg

That cannot be real

Weather channel is calling for 6-9 inches in Syracuse starting late Thursday till Saturday. I don’t know what that 26 is unless it’s in the hills north of syracuse. Hard to read that map.

Weather channel is calling for 6-9 inches in Syracuse starting late Thursday till Saturday. I don’t know what that 26 is unless it’s in the hills north of syracuse. Hard to read that map.
It's the NAM. Meteorologists never make a prediction based off one computer model as each model tends to have its own bias or flaws. Sounds like someone just trying to stir the pot.

channel 3 this morning says they have no idea, they said anywhere from 0-40 inches.. if you go to the weather blogs it has a crazy potential . 40-60 MPH winds, its all in how it converges.

most models have it in the 10-15 range for south of the city, but also some worries that it sits and spins into a longer term event.

its a storm that has to develop itself it could just stay rain too.

i doubt we see the crazy nam numbers, but it wont take much to see 12+ and long term high winds.

channel 3 this morning says they have no idea, they said anywhere from 0-40 inches.. if you go to the weather blogs it has a crazy potential . 40-60 MPH winds, its all in how it converges.

most models have it in the 10-15 range for south of the city, but also some worries that it sits and spins into a longer term event.

its a storm that has to develop itself it could just stay rain too.

i doubt we see the crazy nam numbers, but it wont take much to see 12+ and long term high winds.
ZERO TO FORTY LMAO

latest 10am Nam for snow

View attachment 123785
Great. My Dad lives in Syracuse and is turning 80 this Friday, March 2nd. A week ago, the snow was predicted to be 1-3 inches. Now, it's Snowmaggedon! I'm liking my chances of canceled flights from Durham to Philadelphia to Syracuse this Friday. I pray for more rain and less wind.

channel 9 forecast guess from 1pm today, just crazy from nice snow AMt to huge event guesses. 5-10 is probably a safe bet because it is so warm.

upload_2018-2-28_14-54-12.jpeg

Great. My Dad lives in Syracuse and is turning 80 this Friday, March 2nd. A week ago, the snow was predicted to be 1-3 inches. Now, it's Snowmaggedon! I'm liking my chances of canceled flights from Durham to Philadelphia to Syracuse this Friday. I pray for more rain and less wind.
Hey, Durham, happy birthday to your dad! I think we’ve gone through this before, but I lived on E Markham back in the day. LOVED Durham.

I am hoping like crazy for snow. I am hoping for normality! It was 70 in Syracuse today! As much as I can enjoy it, we shouldn’t be having it. Here’s what I want: a 12 inch snowfall Thursday night through Friday, ending Friday night, roads clear on Saturday and Syracuse looking beautiful with sparkling white snow. And I hope it gives us luck for the game, because we will need it.

SMH. March in upstate NY is an exercise in frustration. We always finally get rid of the snow and it feels like we should be done...and then we always get absolutely blasted at least one more time. Hate it.

Ya..but in March it usually melts pretty quickly. Looking for a silver lining.

channel 9 forecast guess from 1pm today, just crazy from nice snow AMt to huge event guesses. 5-10 is probably a safe bet because it is so warm.

View attachment 123790

Not sure when the GFS/Euro get updated... but reading the National Weather Service forecast, it seems much of the discrepancy lies in when the switch over to Snow will occur as well as where the heaviest snow bands will set up. It appears that some high res models have this occurring right over the I-81/-I90 area, plus to the hills south of town. Snow totals will be affected greatly by how cold it gets, where these bands set up, and how deep the low off NYC gets. just my two cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom