Schedule Rumors | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Rumors

No. Why legitimize them? This game does nothing for us

Syracuse doesn't have the power to legitimize or delegitimize a school by playing or not playing them. They'll just play someone else if they don't play us.

It's an easy road trip for a lot of fans. It has a big parking lot for tailgating. Tickets aren't expensive. Everything about playing UConn makes sense.

Syracuse doesn't have the power to legitimize or delegitimize a school by playing or not playing them. They'll just play someone else if they don't play us.

It's an easy road trip for a lot of fans. It has a big parking lot for tailgating. Tickets aren't expensive. Everything about playing UConn makes sense.
I've never understood the whole "fear of legitimizing" thing anyway.

Like, legitimizing for what purpose exactly? And to whom?

How delusional some of our fans have become to think we are a team that can get a two for one from anyone. Who have we scheduled a 2 for 1 with in the last 15 years?

If you have been to Rent I don’t know how you can say this.
That fanbase is disgusting.

Playing UMass gives us everything playing UConn does without the disgusting fans.

This potential series does nothing for Syracuse.
Schedule UMass/Buffalo/Rutgers if we need Northeast nonconference games.

How delusional some of our fans have become to think we are a team that can get a two for one from anyone. Who have we scheduled a 2 for 1 with in the last 15 years?
Liberty, Buffalo, Akron.

Playing UMass gives us everything playing UConn does without the disgusting fans.

I've been there once in 2011. Everyone was nice to me, I personally didn't have any bad experiences (besides us losing the game).

I don't want to play UConn every year, but 2-3 times per decade along with the other teams you mentioned seems like a reasonable schedule rotation.

Liberty, Buffalo, Akron.

only one of those was actually scheduled in the last 15 year like I asked even though they were played in the last 15 years.

Since the end of the golden era of SU football ended with the firing of Coach P, we've had four winning seasons in 15 years. A record of 72-111. Uconn has exactly the same record with one more loss. We shouldn't be looking down our noses at anyone. Play the games and pile up wins. Better than playing at Liberty. We play in a P5 and should never be scared to legitimize the likes of Uconn.

We can get 2 for 1s with teams like UNC Charlotte, Old Dominion, FIU, FAU.

They do them with ACC teams.
FIU and FAU? They generally can get 1-1s due to the fact every low level P5 school wants access to S Florida.

We wouldn’t want to play UMass at UMass. That stadium is sad.

The “why legitimize them” argument is so weird. Someone’s going to play them. Possibly someone better than us(like Michigan). How does playing a team “legitimize them”? Scrub teams get murdered by good teams every year.
I don’t see it as legitmizing them as much as I don’t want to interact with pond scum fans if we have a choice.

Their fans don’t go to the games at the Dome and their fans would be more inclined to go to their own stadium to see us play than they would an a American team.
The game does nothing for us. We can get games with UMass and Buffalo and have to deal with terrible fans.

FIU and FAU? They generally can get 1-1s due to the fact every low level P5 school wants access to S Florida.
What P5 teams?
Miami just signed a 2 for 1 with FIU.
Played them on the road this year.
FAU does paycheck games with top teams.

What P5 teams?
Miami just signed a 2 for 1 with FIU.
Played them on the road this year.
FAU does paycheck games with top teams.
Pitt?

They get home and homes with the best of the G5. If we ever schedule FAU I would expect a 1-1.

Last edited:
UConn is a game we have nothing to gain.
Only frustration.

It’s not a good series. Wildhack divides the fanbase with this series.