Schedule Rumors | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Rumors

We would play UMass at Gillette.
This isn’t happening. UMass doesn’t want to play at Gillette. Missouri is coming to Amherst in a couple of years they aren’t playing us at Gillette. No point in floating the idea

We should schedule nonconference games with Coastal division ACC teams before playing UConn home/home.
I would love to play Miami/UNC/Duke/VPI/UVA/GT more often than playing UConn.
I'd love to play a few of them more but we still only need to play one P5 team a year for our 4 games "OOC". We are breaking that rule when we play Notre Dame and Purdue in the same year. But at least both are home games.

I’d like to get big boy OOCs back on the schedule at this point. Get them to the Dome.

1 loss won’t kill us but 1 big win could help make us.

We all survived 5-7 this year, it will be fine.

I’d like to get big boy OOCs back on the schedule at this point. Get them to the Dome.

The win over Nebraska is still my favorite in-person SU sporting event.

Like the NYC / LI dominated senate and assembly care...
The NY legislature gave SU money for the Dome repairs to take place in 2004 and 2005 and Syracuse scheduled a series with Buffalo as a make good.
They aren’t going to do us favors unless we act appreciative.

Buffalo does more for NYS than playing UConn.

The NY legislature gave SU money for the Dome repairs to take place in 2004 and 2005 and Syracuse scheduled a series with Buffalo as a make good.

Hey, Buffalo’s got the self-proclaimed “best basketball program in New York”. They shouldn’t need anybody’s help.

Hey, Buffalo’s got the self-proclaimed “best basketball program in New York”. They shouldn’t need anybody’s help.
I know I am not saying play them every year but they are a state school.
Making good by the state school allows for some lobbying.

Give me alternating years of Army and Navy all day long. Would love multi game agreements with both of them. My son and I would drive down to Army every time. No interest in Buffalo or UConn. Like the idea of the Coastels.

I know I am not saying play them every year but they are a state school.
Making good by the state school allows for some lobbying.

Is Albany d-1? They’re closer. Keep those drunken, smelly Buffalo louts in their own corner of the state.

No, that isn’t how it works. You don’t give favors and hope you get something back in the real world.

How much did NYS give Syracuse for phase one of the Dome renovations? That is exactly how much SU should work to help UB out.

We have a couple more phases of renovation coming. If/when NYS decides to help fund them, we can look at doing favors for UB. That said, if UB wants to play each us a home only or a 2 for 1, I am on board, even if the NYS legislature does not include a $10 million check when the handshakes on the deal are made.

We all survived 5-7 this year, it will be fine.

I totally agree, I would rather watch us lose to big names, than watch us win against universities I didn’t even know existed

A 1 for 1??

get a doormat in Ohio/Illinois/a state where there’s significant Prospect talent.

Jesu, Uconn is uninspiring at best

It’s an easy road game a lot of our fans can attend. A lot better than, say, a game with Bowling Green or Old Dominion. I’ve never been a fan of our ACC schedule, and I never I’ll be.

The money is a factor, but playing Buffalo doesn’t help us much. They’d probably beat us half the time.

Here is one. A UConn fan says a home and home with the Huskies will be announced soon.

If it happens, the earliest it could be scheduled would be 2022 and 2023. Assuming we do not move existing games...

We are only allowed to play one FCS team each year, right?

We are only allowed to play one FCS team each year, right?
I think we can play more but you can count only 1 FCS win for bowl eligibility. I don’t think the ACC has a rule limiting the number of FCS teams you can play. I know FSU played 2 to open a season not very long ago.

No, that isn’t how it works. You don’t give favors and hope you get something back in the real world.

How much did NYS give Syracuse for phase one of the Dome renovations? That is exactly how much SU should work to help UB out.

We have a couple more phases of renovation coming. If/when NYS decides to help fund them, we can look at doing favors for UB. That said, if UB wants to play each us a home only or a 2 for 1, I am on board, even if the NYS legislature does not include a $10 million check when the handshakes on the deal are made.
???
We got money from the NYS in 2004 for those Dome repairs.
We did UB a solid as appreciation.
I am not saying play Buffalo just to Play buffalo.
However if we want to ask NYS for financial support in the future it require we do good by the state as well.
I am not saying play Buffalo every year or even play them home/home a lot.

I am saying playing Buffalo does more for Syracuse than playing UConn.

???
We got money from the NYS in 2004 for those Dome repairs.
We did UB a solid as appreciation.
I am not saying play Buffalo just to Play buffalo.
However if we want to ask NYS for financial support in the future it require we do good by the state as well.
I am not saying play Buffalo every year or even play them home/home a lot.

I am saying playing Buffalo does more for Syracuse than playing UConn.
No, you are saying playing Buffalo MIGHT do more for Syracuse than playing UConn

I am saying if state makes a substantial contribution towards establishing a world class facility for football in the state in Syracuse, and in exchange for doing that asks that Syracuse play UB in football in the Dome, that works for me.

You want to play, you gotta pay.

You know what I'd rather watch? Bowl games we appear in.

Easily. We get a shot at Clemson and FSU every single year.

If we’re getting a shot at another major program, I want them in a bowl game more than anything.

The occasional ND or LSU is great. Don’t overdo it though. We need to win games and make bowls consistently.

Easily. We get a shot at Clemson and FSU every single year.

If we’re getting a shot at another major program, I want them in a bowl game more than anything.

The occasional ND or LSU is great. Don’t overdo it though. We need to win games and make bowls consistently.
Yeah, I'm not arguing that it wouldn't be cool to play more name opponents more often, including other ACC teams.

But schedules in college football are inherently unequal. Part of the advantage of being in a P5 is getting those schedules to work in our favor. Part of making them work in our favor is to play tomato cans OOC, outside of our required P5 matchup, so that we can lock up bowl appearances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom