Schools opting out of bowl participation (22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Schools opting out of bowl participation (22)

How many teams have to back out for us to become bowl eligible? ;-)

Honestly! BC is doing the right thing. Maybe we can just claim some extra practices.

All of them

well i never my kid from august to dec either and she only say 3-4 friends in person outside of classes all yr and none without a mask except her 2 roommates.. lots of kids made the sacrifice.
So you’re mad at the BC players? People complimenting their decision?

Yepp. And she gets to come home for Christmas. Glad they extended that to the players. 2020 sucks. Instead of being home for 2-3 weeks, they get the full break. Can't think of anyone who wouldn't want a longer break from this dumpster fire of a year.
I can see where some teams would embrace a week together in a warmer climate.

So you’re mad at the BC players? People complimenting their decision?
nope nothing against the bc kids at all.. just people thinking athletes were the only ones having a hard time this yr.

Dump the bowls, keep the playoffs. There won't be fans, tourism, activities for players. Just let them go home.

Dump the 15 bowl practices, and just let the playoff teams have some to prepare (won't be the same timeline anyway given how late the season is going so it really will be game prep not development time).

Then everyone prepare for the spring, when hopefully the return to normal life will be beginning. May still have the protocols but they made it thru a season, they can certainly make it thru a spring practice session.

In general they should dump the Bowls this year but I would like to see them somehow keep a few for each conference champ to be rewarded with a game at least. The non playoff teams. Maybe play games New Years Day involving:

AAC Champ
B12 Champ
CUSA Champ
MAC Champ
MWC Champ
P12 Champ
Sun Belt Champ
At large

In general they should dump the Bowls this year but I would like to see them somehow keep a few for each conference champ to be rewarded with a game at least. The non playoff teams. Maybe play games New Years Day involving:

AAC Champ
B12 Champ
CUSA Champ
MAC Champ
MWC Champ
P12 Champ
Sun Belt Champ
At large

Given some of the G5 teams' performances this year (Cincy, Coastal Carolina) that could be interesting. Let the teams decide if they want to play it. Could be interesting matchups with Cincy vs. Florida or Tex A&M. Coastal vs Iowa State or USC.

How many teams have to back out for us to become bowl eligible? ;-)

Honestly! BC is doing the right thing. Maybe we can just claim some extra practices.
We need to get a white dry erase board and markers... ;)

I figure we are only 44 more opt outs before we get offered the Gasparilla Bowl!

Smart decision by BC and whatever non CFP team gets a bowl invite. Just skip the bowls. CFP..top 4..that is different.

Who cares about these other bowls? Nobody. Even the Orange Bowl. You fly in night before game. Play without any fans. Leave immediately after game. Wow! Sounds like fun. 2020 has been a train wreck. Peojections are 5,000 dead per week by January. Just end it.

It costs too much money to send a team and staff to a bowl game. With no fans and family, both universities made a good call.

Lots more will drop out. They should. We are moving into the worst of this pandemic. The CFP is OK and can be played in more " bubble type" conditions. The other bowls? Cancel them.

This is going to really start the momentum. Some more teams will drop out. More bowls will cancel. You might have some still play, but very few. Is it worth it? Is it right? No

They always have good defensive players..really good players. The record does not always reflect that fact. Perhaps because of issues on offense. But the NFL Pro Bowl lists do reflect the Pitt D talent. Pretty amazing the defensive players that come out of Pitt from Hugh Green to Revis to Donald. Plus, a lot more

They always have good defensive players..really good players. The record does not always reflect that fact. Perhaps because of issues on offense. But the NFL Pro Bowl lists do reflect the Pitt D talent. Pretty amazing the defensive players that come out of Pitt from Hugh Green to Revis to Donald. Plus, a lot more
Yup they've been waisting talent for years.

Wouldn’t that be nice?
With all the injuries and things we had to endure this year? yes but we are not typically a 1 win team. I honestly would be more frustrated underacheiving every year. Pitt had a top 10 defense, a NFL center and QB.

there really is no need for any other bowls this year.

with the title games on the 19th...and the NFL on the 26th & 27th, college can have some also ran bowls on New Years then the final 4 on 1/2.
The college football playoff semifinals are on Friday, Jan 1. NFL has Sat and Sun locked up. The timing is not great for other bowl games--weekdays or nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom