Schools pausing/cancelling basketball activities... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Schools pausing/cancelling basketball activities...

You’re probably - sadly - mistaken.

The Mar/Apr surge was mostly localized to a handful of states.

Now - it is EVERYWHERE.

There aren’t any fresh & rested medical personnel from non-surge areas who can come to help out, because every last one of them is totally burned out now.
Those that didn’t die along the way.
i meant just in new york

Yeah, there’s always a 1+ week lag in positive test results.

Then a 1-2 week lag in hospitalizations.

Then a 1-2 week lag in deaths.

It’s going to get a LOT WORSE over the next month or 2. :confused:
1 month yes i think we will be on the slow decline in 2 months as more people get vaccinated

i doubt the surge now will be worse than last march-april, there will be an increase yes
only in terms of deaths, maybe. maybe.
hospitalizations are going to be way up. in southern california, many hospitals are at or near the breaking point. we are going to start seeing a bulge in excess deaths that are not directly covid19 caused but are most certainly related due to the stress on the health care system

i doubt the surge now will be worse than last march-april, there will be an increase yes

only in terms of deaths, maybe. maybe. hospitalizations are going to be way up. in southern california, many hospitals are at or near the breaking point. we are going to start seeing a bulge in excess deaths that are not directly covid19 caused but are most certainly related due to the stress on the health care system.
I agree with Moqui on this. This is what's happening in Onondaga County, according to the OC Health Dept's web site (and OC's recent numbers are not atypical):

Chart of OC Hospitalizations.jpg

OC's current surge is much worse than it was here in the spring. New cases have been spiking dramatically after Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's get-togethers. Most cases don't require hospitalization, but greater numbers of cases result in greater numbers of hospitalizations, and in greater numbers of patients needing a limited number of ICU beds. New deaths are dramatically higher, as well.

I agree with Moqui on this. This is what's happening in Onondaga County, according to the OC Health Dept's web site (and OC's recent numbers are not atypical):

View attachment 193872
OC's current surge is much worse than it was here in the spring. New cases have been spiking dramatically after Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's get-togethers. Most cases don't require hospitalization, but greater numbers of cases result in greater numbers of hospitalizations, and in greater numbers of patients needing a limited number of ICU beds. New deaths are dramatically higher, as well.
its obvious why cases are climbing here upstate vs march and april and that is because nyc area and some of western ny got hit the worst in the spring so a greater number of people have already been infected there and have some form of immunity. Along with the increased gatherings with it being too cold to gather outside now and normal flu season here so you have more people being infected . Im stil a bit sceptical on all the positive cases as im not sure the test can dicipher between regular cold and covid yet with a great deal of certainty. Im positive more people have had the virus go thru them then has been reported( i believe i have had it with minor symptoms only) and most people deal on there own wearing a mask in public and staying home for the most part

I realized tonight, as the first post NFL regular season Monday, normally ESPN would have its first Big Monday doubleheader, usually with good matchups. With so many cancellations they aren't airing any games at all tonight.

I realized tonight, as the first post NFL regular season Monday, normally ESPN would have its first Big Monday doubleheader, usually with good matchups. With so many cancellations they aren't airing any games at all tonight.

Oklahoma State - West Virginia just started on ESPN 2 but no ACC games.

So, just read the NBA is meeting tomorrow to talk about shutting down/pausing for a couple weeks. They led the way last year, will this cause a pause for college hoops as well?

So, just read the NBA is meeting tomorrow to talk about shutting down/pausing for a couple weeks. They led the way last year, will this cause a pause for college hoops as well?

Doubtful. They can’t(CBS won’t) move off the set dates of the tournament because of Golf IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom