Scrimmage Jan 26 / Hofstra - Vermont | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Scrimmage Jan 26 / Hofstra - Vermont

Lauder is listed as a midfielder on the roster. Can anyone tell me why he is often mentioned as an attack option on here? Did he play some attack in the fall or last season? Which game?

Lauder is listed as a midfielder on the roster. Can anyone tell me why he is often mentioned as an attack option on here? Did he play some attack in the fall or last season? Which game?

He played attack towards the end of the Colgate game I believe.

He played attack in high school as well as midfield so theoretically he could play either position though it seems hes pretty far down the depth chart at each position. I was very surprised he didn't red-shirt last year.

I thought the reference to Nelson was interesting as a competitor for that 3rd attack spot. Don't recall him even being mentioned on this board but I may have missed it. Looked him up and looks like he has jumped around a bit between Bingo, Mercer, and now Cuse. Hopefully he is a lot like his Uncle Tim.

I saw Nelson play in PA last Fall - he was very impressive. Heard he also played well at Bingo scrimmage.

Re: Lauder, thank you DL and Jeremy for the replies. I just watched the end of the Colgate game. He was playing attack with Seebold and Jack Fiorini and did just about nothing until the very end when Colgate pressed out and weren't sliding and he dodged a short stick and scored. I think we can probably stop discussing the possibility of him getting significant attack minutes until he shows a lot more during games. Right now the depth chart appears to be Top 3: Rehfuss, Solomon, Voigt, Next 3: Cook, Seebold and Nelson (seemingly in that order).

Re: Lauder, thank you DL and Jeremy for the replies. I just watched the end of the Colgate game. He was playing attack with Seebold and Jack Fiorini and did just about nothing until the very end when Colgate pressed out and weren't sliding and he dodged a short stick and scored. I think we can probably stop discussing the possibility of him getting significant attack minutes until he shows a lot more during games. Right now the depth chart appears to be Top 3: Rehfuss, Solomon, Voigt, Next 3: Cook, Seebold and Nelson (seemingly in that order).

I'd be shocked if he saw much of any PT this year. Not only is he down the depth chart but SU's schedule doesn't set up for a lot or really any blowouts this year outside of maybe Colgate. One of the unforeseen side effects of a schedule this difficult.

Not the right thread for this but just realized the Colgate game is set for Fri night. That has to be a first for the opening game. Weird.

Not the right thread for this but just realized the Colgate game is set for Fri night. That has to be a first for the opening game. Weird.

Football opens on a Friday night. Why not LAX?

I remember years ago they opened on Friday night against Albany

I remember years ago they opened on Friday night against Albany

Now that you mention that I think I recall that game. Was that the OT winner for SU? I think Schoonmaker scored the winning goal.

Now that you mention that I think I recall that game. Was that the OT winner for SU? I think Schoonmaker scored the winning goal.
My bad, it was 2008 against Albany but wasn't the opener.

We had a Friday opener against Denver in 2010.

I was at that game, you sure it was a Friday? I do remember feeling it was an odd start time back then so maybe your right

At least it's at a prime time slot - ESPNU was showing some games a few years ago on Fridays, but at 5 pm.

Don't think SU played in any, but I think they showed a UNC-Denver game in that time slot.

When will they release the TV schedule?

At least it's at a prime time slot - ESPNU was showing some games a few years ago on Fridays, but at 5 pm.

Don't think SU played in any, but I think they showed a UNC-Denver game in that time slot.

When will they release the TV schedule?

ESPN usually shows a Fri night game throughout the season on ESPN U or at least every other week.

I was at that game, you sure it was a Friday? I do remember feeling it was an odd start time back then so maybe your right
Yeah, he's right. It was a Friday opener.

Two spots open in my mind at this point 3rd and 4th attack (one of those will be filled by Voigt so I’m only counting it as one spot) and 6th middy. Quinn had all the rankings but Buttermore outplayed him last year in mop up . Will someone else emerge to take that last spot? Goalie is Porter. Not once has Desko named a leading candidate that hasn’t started week one for the past several goalies. SSDM is always too hard to predict. I’m overly excited for this year to start. Scrimmage #1 should give us almost everything we need to know.
Small and Barlow have nice size, length and decent speed to play dm. Partamian showed enough to gather some playing experience. I envision at least one being in ssdm rotation. Good point on taking Desko comments as strong indications.

Dx2eJXjXcAAcSgs.jpg
Dx2eJX4XcAA3QKt.jpg
Dx2eJXkWkAAAN3i.jpg
Dx2eJXjWsAAnIrd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online