Scrimmage Jan 26 / Hofstra - Vermont | Syracusefan.com

Scrimmage Jan 26 / Hofstra - Vermont

Lol, I think I might be.
Do you have the forum on Watch? I do, and get a notification whenever someone posts anywhere on the Lax forum.

1548345013111.png

Desko makes a comment at the end that he still has 1-2 commits that he can't talk to because of the rule change. I didn't realize we had any 2021 commits

Let's hope Dordevic will be ready for Colgate. These questions were way better than that first press conference. Really pressed him on the lineups and whatnot in this one. Wish someone would ask about Fernandez but I guess he was a blip on the radar of non diehards due to only really playing in 2 games.

Let's hope Dordevic will be ready for Colgate. These questions were way better than that first press conference. Really pressed him on the lineups and whatnot in this one. Wish someone would ask about Fernandez but I guess he was a blip on the radar of non diehards due to only really playing in 2 games.
I thought the reference to Nelson was interesting as a competitor for that 3rd attack spot. Don't recall him even being mentioned on this board but I may have missed it. Looked him up and looks like he has jumped around a bit between Bingo, Mercer, and now Cuse. Hopefully he is a lot like his Uncle Tim.

I thought the reference to Nelson was interesting as a competitor for that 3rd attack spot. Don't recall him even being mentioned on this board but I may have missed it. Looked him up and looks like he has jumped around a bit between Bingo, Mercer, and now Cuse. Hopefully he is a lot like his Uncle Tim.

He looked legit during the team scrimmage in the fall. A lot like Griffin Cook actually. Very small but very quick with some nice finesse moves. Interesting to see him mentioned over newcomers like Mikey Berkman, Basil Aburn, and Sophomore Troy Lauder. My gut tells me we won't actually see much of him but he could fill a fourth or fifth attack role next year with Solomon and Voigt graduating.

As Lexus noted he got some pub in the fall at the scrimmages and some good reports by a few posters who saw him play in said scrimmages. That said there doesn't appear to be a ton of PT available when you look at the current attack line up and who is ahead of him. Perhaps he can force the staffs hand into get a few runs a game and then obviously if there is any injury or other issues that could open up some potential PT as well. Seems the top 5 attackmen at this point are Rehfuss, Solomon, Voigt, Cook, Seebold and Nelson. The scrimmages should tell us a lot more about where we stand with those guys and if anyone like a Cook or Seebold or even Nelson can unseat Voigt for that third spot (personally I think its inevitable).

He looked legit during the team scrimmage in the fall. A lot like Griffin Cook actually. Very small but very quick with some nice finesse moves. Interesting to see him mentioned over newcomers like Mikey Berkman, Basil Aburn, and Sophomore Troy Lauder. My gut tells me we won't actually see much of him but he could fill a fourth or fifth attack role next year with Solomon and Voigt graduating.

Berkman and Aburn are highly likely to redshit. I believe Lauder is still playing middie.

What are we thinking in terms of playing time?
This is what I'd like to see:

Attack: Soloman, Rehfuss, Voigt/Cook/Seebold

1st Mid: Trimbo, Curry, Dord
2nd Mid: Buttermore, Quinn, Lipka

LSM: Fusco/kennedy

SSDM: Dearth, Dami

Wings: Dearth Fernandez/Kennedy

Defense: Cunningham, Bomberry, Mellen

Goalie: Porter

Interesting to see so much Nelson love. Hope the kid is great. Just don't know much about him.

Berkman and Aburn are highly likely to redshit. I believe Lauder is still playing middie.

Yeah it is a shame about Berkman. He looked a little small/skinny in the scrimmage and not exactly fast enough to make up for it. He had a great high school career though so maybe we see him somewhere in the next couple years after getting used to the next level.

Yeah it is a shame about Berkman. He looked a little small/skinny in the scrimmage and not exactly fast enough to make up for it. He had a great high school career though so maybe we see him somewhere in the next couple years after getting used to the next level.

I think he definitely needs a RS to get acclimated to this level and get a year of S&C.

No questions yet about the schedule and lack of opponents compared to the rest of the ACC. Local media not exactly lighting it up.
What are we thinking in terms of playing time?
This is what I'd like to see:

Attack: Soloman, Rehfuss, Voigt/Cook/Seebold

1st Mid: Trimbo, Curry, Dord
2nd Mid: Buttermore, Quinn, Lipka

LSM: Fusco/kennedy

SSDM: Dearth, Dami

Wings: Dearth Fernandez/Kennedy

Defense: Cunningham, Bomberry, Mellen

Goalie: Porter

Interesting to see so much Nelson love. Hope the kid is great. Just don't know much about him.

Some additions -

I think Carlin sees time with second midfield. McKinney is a mystery to me after rotating with the ones last year, so can't discount him.

Schwasnick should see time on the wings as well, backing up Dearth.

I think Helmer and Murphy see playing time, just not sure if it is at short or long stick. They will rotate more than two guys in at SSDM.

Jerry Staats will see time at defense.

said he put on 20 lbs. of muscle? dang, thats a lot in just one year

Oping that many are somewhat set but scrimmages will help decisions on some. Figure be set by Yale. Voight and Cook seem givens. What Nelson can offer is known, he offers experienced depth beyond the five. Scrimmages will give Seebold chance to cement spot in rotation and perhaps Lauder to show. Berkman adjusting like most frosh, be fine in time. Dordevic won't play, he'll eventually return but will have to shake some rust so he could ease back on second line whenever that is. Fortunate to have another 1st liner in Lipka so TD won't have to rush before ready. Expect Carlin to be on second line and have a good year, uncertain on McKinney role, good captain and reliable mid . Quinn and Buttermore likely get long looks and Magnan and A Kim are two young mids who get closer looks. Kennedy and Fusco known goods, several runs then look at others, could see Kennedy playing cd at times. Varello set but Phaup likely gets alot of reps to display.. DiPietro is strong body ready to challenge in middle . Lost a few at ssdm so showcase. Expecting Dearth, Helmer, Schwas, Murphy to be rotation but perhaps Partamian, Small and some others show their wares for consideration. Cuse used all five goalies in fall, seems likely they begin to narrow. Porter, Strang and Klan seem likely to get longest runs

Varello % should go up. Happened with his brother Joe over his fogo career. Varello also helped by two strong wing players in Kennedy and Dearth. Agree with Desko remarks about better decisions but that tends to come with experience .Seems like he is prepared both mentally and physically, just has to stay fresh and healthy. Phaup is important to that.

Two spots open in my mind at this point 3rd and 4th attack (one of those will be filled by Voigt so I’m only counting it as one spot) and 6th middy. Quinn had all the rankings but Buttermore outplayed him last year in mop up . Will someone else emerge to take that last spot? Goalie is Porter. Not once has Desko named a leading candidate that hasn’t started week one for the past several goalies. SSDM is always too hard to predict. I’m overly excited for this year to start. Scrimmage #1 should give us almost everything we need to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom