Sean Tucker Appreciation | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker Appreciation

I had someone like an old post. I smiled when I saw what it was. Figure I would take my victory lap here :)
E5DE9A94-3D3E-4C25-8FB7-BACEF4542328.jpeg

Does anyone notice a resemblance in his game to Jordan Fredericks? They both have similar styles IMO. Ironic that Babers ran Fredericks out of town after a very good freshman season.
Frederick could not grasp the calls that the RBs make. He also reported to Babers first camp out-of-shape. His nickname was "Fat Back."

Didn’t Fredericks wash out at UMass? His lack of success probably has more to do with his own motivations and development.
He did nothing at UMass

I watched a run today, nothing spectacular, but he fell forward. It’s such a good trait for a RB, and I think Dino even touches on it in the presser. When you grab an extra 2 or 3 at the point of contact, over dozens of carries, that’s a big deal.

Kid’s a stud.

Anyone else want to see a few more games before crowning him? I loved the effort today and the fact that he rarely had any negative plays. That said I am nervous to go all in at this point.

definitely not crowing him.

however, his size and speed make him a possible three down back. Some of the cuts he made today were cuts I haven’t seen a RB make on our roster in a long time. The way he stops and starts with the ball in his hand, with his size, has the potential to make him very special:

however, his size and speed make him a possible three down back. Some of the cuts he made today were cuts I haven’t seen a RB make on our roster in a long time. The way he stops and starts with the ball in his hand, with his size, has the potential to make him very special:
Exactly. There is looking at his yardage and thinking that he is special. And then there is looking at the way he got those yards and understanding that he has the potential to be very special. It was evident in his HS tape, it was evident when he touched the ball in the Pitt game, and it came together today.

Tucker has the potential to be the best RB Dino has had since he's been here. That's not "crowning" Tucker. That's understanding the game and the potential Tucker brings to the table.

He did a couple things today that reminded me of David Walker. Obviously he has better speed and may not be quite as physical yet, but there was a way he moved laterally while finding holes and leaning forward that made me think of Walker. My nearly 30 year old memories could be foggy, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom