Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

I think the way his whole situation has played out has really hurt him. I think he was definitely playing hurt all of last year. The scheme really hurt him last year as well, it was not well suited to his skill set nor very focused on effectively running the ball to begin with not to mention the OL issues compounded all of this. So his 2022 tape is noticeably worse. 2021 is spectacular. Then add this is a historically deep draft class at the RB position. Bijan Robinson is getting all the attention but there are a legit 20 guys in the second tier behind him and they are all ballers and either legit starting caliber NFL running backs or excellent role players. In this class I think he is legitimately among the top 5 backs and would go between the late 2nd to late 3rd. But with the medical question marks combined with him not running and putting any kind of speed or agility numbers on record, he's going to be looked at as either a suspect or incomplete evaluation and with so much available depth that's going to hurt him. He could easily drop to the late rounds or not be drafted at all. I think he will definitely make it into a practice camp, and if fully healthy there's no way he won't make a roster. Kid is just too talented and too determined.
May end up being the Tom Brady of running backs. Low draft pick, but high performer.

His pro day performance looks pretty insane, more bench press reps than any other RB. The proof is in the pudding.

His pro day performance looks pretty insane, more bench press reps than any other RB. The proof is in the pudding.
I love Tucker and want him to do well and he put up impressive numbers in vert and bench. But his "pudding", as you call it, is light on ingredients.

Uhhhh he didn’t run for scouts…. All 4 of them…

That’s a massive negative…

My honest assessment of Tucker here is 6/7th round or an UDFA

There are legitimate concerns right now about Tuck

Uhhhh he didn’t run for scouts…. All 4 of them…

That’s a massive negative…

My honest assessment of Tucker here is 6/7th round or an UDFA

There are legitimate concerns right now about Tuck
Look at the reps he did on the bench press; you seriously think he would be doing that if he had some serious cardiac issue? He didn’t do the 40 because he had t done it in a while, but he did do running and receiving drills along with the vertical jump. I wouldn’t want my golf swing to be evaluated in April either.

He’s literally the strongest RB in the draft pool.

Look at the reps he did on the bench press; you seriously think he would be doing that if he had some serious cardiac issue? He didn’t do the 40 because he had t done it in a while, but he did do running and receiving drills along with the vertical jump. I wouldn’t want my golf swing to be evaluated in April either.

Maybe, and this isn’t even likely, but at best he’s the strongest pound for pound back in the draft.

It’s not like he’s shooting up draft boards cause of his 29 reps on the bench. No one is drafting him hoping he’s a goal line back.

I hope for his sake he figure out those health concerns and it doesn’t ruin his professional aspirations

I didn’t say I thought it was a cardiac issue

And he’s a speed/cut back, why do I care how much he can bench?

I know he’s your favorite player but there’s a lot of questions surrounding Tucker including his regression this past season

Maybe, and this isn’t even likely, but at best he’s the strongest pound for pound back in the draft.

It’s not like he’s shooting up draft boards cause of his 29 reps on the bench. No one is drafting him hoping he’s a goal line back.

I hope for his sake he figure out those health concerns and it doesn’t ruin his professional aspirations
I definitely agree that he’s not a goal line back, that’s fair. But I cite the reps on the bench as indicative of the heart issue speculation.

This is where the college rules about being ineligible after declaring for the draft could use some work. Players in Sean's case should be able to apply for a waiver and have their eligibility reinstated. After what he's gone through this offseason, I think another year playing college ball would greatly improve his draft stock. Unfortunately, I think he's going to go mid 7th round or maybe UFA. NFL just doesn't put the same value on RB's that it used too.
Or he could have gotten some better advice. I have been saying this all year he was either going undrafted or late rounds. If this heart issue is a thing then he rolled the dice to get a pay check.

I definitely agree that he’s not a goal line back, that’s fair. But I cite the reps on the bench as indicative of the heart issue speculation.
You can only draw limited information from the fact that he did the bench press.

Pure speculation but he could have a “big” a heart which raises the question does he have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy which would put him at potential risk for sudden death or is it just from exercise especially given his history of running track (so called athlete’s heart).

Last edited:

There’s a lot more to the whole equation than how his bench press was days before the draft.

Everybody wants him to get drafted and have success in the NFL but his draft outlook was sketchy by the end of the season. It only got worse after, unfortunately.

There’s a lot more to the whole equation than how his bench press was days before the draft.

Everybody wants him to get drafted and have success in the NFL but his draft outlook was sketchy by the end of the season. It only got worse after, unfortunately.
Agree. I think there is an issue or he would have come back or transferred.

Stinks. Appears as we sit today, it would’ve helped him to come back and play another season.

I know this has been mentioned prior, but the whole medical thing really makes me scratch my head about last season. Sean was clearly bulkier than the year prior but it just seemed as if he was a step behind compared to his prior year. He did seem gassed after runs of 10+ yards more then he should’ve been, but who am I?

Last edited:
Stinks. Appears as we sit today, it would’ve helped him to come back and play another season.

I know this has been mentioned prior, but the whole medical thing really makes me scratch my head about last season. Sean was clearly bulkier than the year prior but it just seemed as if he was a step behind compared to his prior year. He did seem gassed after runs of 10+ yards more then he should’ve been, but who am I?
I think back two years ago when we were in the red zone and he was tapping to come out. He has had an issue for a while, maybe not diagnosed but he’s falling out of the draft so clearly the powers that be knows something is up.

The heart concerns and the fact that he didn’t run the 40 and do the 3 cone pre draft are going to hurt his draft position no doubt. Coupled with the fact he had a little bit of a regression in production this year as well. But he’s cleared now and as long as he gets on a team I think he balls out. He’ll be a solid pro. Just got to get to that second contract in the nfl. I think he’s a 3rd or early 4th round talent but goes in the 6th unfortunately.

Last edited:
Honestly rb is one of the few positions we're you could end up with a starting gig from the start without being drafted and just signing with a good spot as an unfair. Look at mostert, James Robinson, Jeff Wilson, Austin eckeler, gus edwards, Derrick gore, Matt brieda ect..

If he gets drafted it will be a late round

FWIW, he's listed now on ESPN as the 11th best RB after the first 3 rounds. He won't get drafted, the health issues grounded him. I have no doubts that he'll stick with somebody as a UDFA. Just needs a chance.

FWIW, he's listed now on ESPN as the 11th best RB after the first 3 rounds. He won't get drafted, the health issues grounded him. I have no doubts that he'll stick with somebody as a UDFA. Just needs a chance.
He'd be a good value as a 7th rounder or obviously UDFA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom