Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

29 bench is a MONSTER result.
By far best out of RB's at NFL combine, since the top one was 25, next was tie at 21.

The only dudes who benched 29 or more reps, were OL and DL.
(oh, and one LB)

38" vertical woulda been a tie for 3rd for RB's at combine.

Chase Brown from Illinois was tops at combine for both of those.

I think I speculated somewhere here before that it was likely a more serious thing than a leg injury or something that made him medically unable to participate at the combine. If the heart issue thing is true, I do not think he will get drafted, unfortunately.

I guess the concerns about a lot of teams making time for this workout may have been valid.

Great bench and a very good vert. Dude is a beast. But it has to be very concerning to teams that he didn't run a 40 or do the 3 cone drill. Seems odd since he is "cleared". Is this because he has had a heart issue and with the concerns cardio and running wise he's been very restricted up to this point and they don't think he'd test as well right now as he is capable of doing?

Whatever the heart concerns were, hopefully after additional testing done its not as big of a concern now. Both for his health and for his draft stock.

Great bench and a very good vert. Dude is a beast. But it has to be very concerning to teams that he didn't run a 40 or do the 3 cone drill. Seems odd since he is "cleared". Is this because he has had a heart issue and with the concerns cardio and running wise he's been very restricted up to this point and they don't think he'd test as well right now as he is capable of doing?

Whatever the heart concerns were, hopefully after additional testing done its not as big of a concern now. Both for his health and for his draft stock.
The reason given was that since he wasn't cleared until recently, he hadn't done any running.

Seems like something NFL types would understand. I think they know what his running times are for the most part.

The heart issue is the big one if true.

Seems odd to me that if he has a heart issue they would not permit him to do bench presses, (29 of them), as that demands a lot of stress on the heart as well as the 40

Could benching and heavy lifting cause problems for your heart?

It is possible that heavy lifting or intense weightlifting can put strain on your heart, especially if you have an existing heart condition. It is important to consult with a doctor before starting any new exercise routine, particularly if you have a history of heart problems. Additionally, it's important to listen to your body and not push yourself too hard, and to always use proper form and technique to avoid injury.

I don’t think there is a “problem with his heart”, I suspect he had an abnormal ECG or something similar which could be for a variety of reasons; medication, stress etc. Seems like he is all systems go.

Very similar measurables to Ahmad Bradshaw… although Sean is definitely faster and stronger, definitely a better athlete overall. Still would love to see him as a Giant and there’s a need there for them too.

I could see them using a mid-rounder on a RB all day, especially with the Barkley contract stalemate. There’s only 2 RB’s behind Barkley on the depth chart in Breida & Brightwell.

There will be some good RB’s to be had in the middle rounds, all depends on where the team values him and the potential health issue.

This is where the college rules about being ineligible after declaring for the draft could use some work. Players in Sean's case should be able to apply for a waiver and have their eligibility reinstated. After what he's gone through this offseason, I think another year playing college ball would greatly improve his draft stock. Unfortunately, I think he's going to go mid 7th round or maybe UFA. NFL just doesn't put the same value on RB's that it used too.

This is where the college rules about being ineligible after declaring for the draft could use some work. Players in Sean's case should be able to apply for a waiver and have their eligibility reinstated. After what he's gone through this offseason, I think another year playing college ball would greatly improve his draft stock. Unfortunately, I think he's going to go mid 7th round or maybe UFA. NFL just doesn't put the same value on RB's that it used too.
No way. It would only hurt him to labor through another season in college. The earlier a player can leave the better in this game...especially at RB. He's ready.

I think the way his whole situation has played out has really hurt him. I think he was definitely playing hurt all of last year. The scheme really hurt him last year as well, it was not well suited to his skill set nor very focused on effectively running the ball to begin with not to mention the OL issues compounded all of this. So his 2022 tape is noticeably worse. 2021 is spectacular. Then add this is a historically deep draft class at the RB position. Bijan Robinson is getting all the attention but there are a legit 20 guys in the second tier behind him and they are all ballers and either legit starting caliber NFL running backs or excellent role players. In this class I think he is legitimately among the top 5 backs and would go between the late 2nd to late 3rd. But with the medical question marks combined with him not running and putting any kind of speed or agility numbers on record, he's going to be looked at as either a suspect or incomplete evaluation and with so much available depth that's going to hurt him. He could easily drop to the late rounds or not be drafted at all. I think he will definitely make it into a practice camp, and if fully healthy there's no way he won't make a roster. Kid is just too talented and too determined.

first and foremost, his health is everything. I'm sure that he was cleared, or he would not have been working out for teams. I'm also sure that his draft status is going to take a huge hit. I would expect him to drop to mid rounds at best. If he is good to go some team is going to get a steal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom