Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

The danger he faces is, if teams start drafting for need at other spots after the first few backs are off the board.

He needs to hope there is a team that really holds him in high regard that needs a second back, but that needs is farther down the board than some other positions.

I could see Dallas or the Giants taking an interest in him as their breather back.

Others who might: Bengals, Browns, or Eagles.

I just think there are not too many teams in need of a RB right now.

I could see him wowing someone during workout and maybe sneaking in third round, but more realistic that he is a round 5 or 6 pick.

Last edited:
I think Sean getting drafted in any round is going to happen by a team that falls in love with him. I know that sounds stupid but b/c RB’s aren’t valued as other positions (as far RB’s are considered easily replaceable) and teams will take a risk on a low character guy that plays an important position. Because Sean is clearly a hard worker, personable, and humble - those are qualities that a couple teams may fall in love with. I think those qualities are just as likely to help him get drafted.

It helps that he can catch a ball out of the backfield or move to the slot in a pinch. He has good hands as a receiver, though he is certainly not prototypical in height, he does know how to find open spots in the middle of a defense.

Whichever team he does wind up getting drafted to I’m planning on recording their games and keeping an eye on with highlights etc. This is the first college player I’ve ever really wanted to follow after they leave.

It helps that he can catch a ball out of the backfield or move to the slot in a pinch. He has good hands as a receiver, though he is certainly not prototypical in height, he does know how to find open spots in the middle of a defense.

Plus he's got that temporary stop/start pause-and-immediately-back-to-mach-10-on-the-start running move...

Will be interesting to see if he can translate that to the NFL.

Very few backs even have that move and the number that have used it effectively in the NFL you can count on one hand...

Barry Sanders and Marshall Falk.

Plus he's got that temporary stop/start pause and-immediately-back-to-mach-10-on-the-start running move...

Will be interesting to see if he can translate that to the NFL.

Very few backs even have that move and the number that have used it effectively in the NFL you can count on one hand...

Barry Sanders and Marshall Falk.
Jim Brown could hit the line, find the hole closed, spin and take it outside.

Jim Brown could hit the line, find the hole closed, spin and take it outside.

I am talking about the innate ability to stop on a dime, let a defender fly by you, then start running again with tesla-like acceleration.

Sanders was a master at it... Falk was also good at it.

... but it's a really rare skill.

Tucker has shown he can do it, but doing at the speed of the NFL game is a whole different level.

1- 3 days before the draft is very tight timeline. I would be surprised if any GM’s show up. Will probably only be scouts from a couple teams. They are cramming those last few days. Travel cuts their ability to do last minute studying and mocks.

2- he was clearly hobbled this year. He lacked his explosiveness and seemed to shy away from contact. Tried to bounce everything outside instead of exploding and taking the contact and yards that were there. The injury made him play a different game. It was obvious all year. He would go down holding his leg nearly once a game. I am thankful he gutted it out. But it definitely hurt his draft stock. Glad he is finally cleared. I assume if he does drop, he will make a name for himself quickly.

3- RB value has plummeted over the last several years. I think this is a very deep class. That on top of his production and injury may drop Tucker further down the draft. But I would think if he regains his full health he will end up being one of the top 2 backs from this draft.

1- 3 days before the draft is very tight timeline. I would be surprised if any GM’s show up. Will probably only be scouts from a couple teams. They are cramming those last few days. Travel cuts their ability to do last minute studying and mocks.

2- he was clearly hobbled this year. He lacked his explosiveness and seemed to shy away from contact. Tried to bounce everything outside instead of exploding and taking the contact and yards that were there. The injury made him play a different game. It was obvious all year. He would go down holding his leg nearly once a game. I am thankful he gutted it out. But it definitely hurt his draft stock. Glad he is finally cleared. I assume if he does drop, he will make a name for himself quickly.

3- RB value has plummeted over the last several years. I think this is a very deep class. That on top of his production and injury may drop Tucker further down the draft. But I would think if he regains his full health he will end up being one of the top 2 backs from this draft.
That's the spirit!! Just kidding. Listen you play the hand your dealt. He had an injury that followed him the whole season. When all is said and done he had very productive years and his testing will put him top 3 in RBs. Someone will take him in the 4th because they know they are getting value and wont want to chance him not making it lower.

I am talking about the innate ability to stop on a dime, let a defender fly by you, then start running again with tesla-like acceleration.

Sanders was a master at it... Falk was also good at it.

... but it's a really rare skill.

Tucker has shown he can do it, but doing at the speed of the NFL game is a whole different level.

I love Tucker but he’s absolutely nothing like Sanders. Even playing against Colgate he didn’t look like Sanders.

I think Tucker will be ok as far as point 1. How many GMs typically come to Syracuse’s pro day? If a team is looking at running backs to draft they can spare a scout to send. Plus teams saw Tucker in person at the NFL combine, he was there, just couldn’t perform. They don’t necessarily have to watch him run the 40 and do the bench press, those numbers will speak for themselves. The scouting reports on everyone else are already in and teams should be fully prepared by now.

Very deep running back class this year too. Tucker is high on alot of people's boards but there is a ton of tier 2 and tier 3 quality. Will be tough.

The danger he faces is, if teams start drafting for need at other spots after the first few backs are off the board.

He needs to hope there is a team that really holds him in high regard that needs a second back, but that needs is farther down the board than some other positions.

I could see Dallas or the Giants taking an interest in him as their breather back.

Others who might: Bengals, Browns, or Eagles.

I just think there are not too many teams in need of a RB right now.

I could see him wowing someone during workout and maybe sneaking in third round, but more realistic that he is a round 5 or 6 pick.
His running style reminds me a lot of J K Dobbins of the Ravens.

Top 2?! That's a tough hill to climb considering Bijan Robinson is pretty much guaranteed to be better. I do hope you're right, however!

I remember two years or so ago cameras were allowed into the indoor complex on Pro Day to tape workouts from the 40 to VJ to BJ, etc., After the drills were completed It was very cool to see several players trying to get their personal best in front of NFL coaches.

Monday is Sean Tuckers Pro Day. I was hoping that cameras would be allowed in so we could see him go through his workout. It would be great to see him as we haven’t, except for his personal tape. Does anyone know if anyone will be permitted to tape or is this going to be another closed session?

Tucker has a heart issue that popped up during medical check at combine. Teams will have to be comfortable drafting him, now i dont know the specifics but typically if it is something that can be cleared , then teams usually don’t take him off their board entirely. A couple weeks ago , teams thought he may not even play again, so I don’t think it’s a big nothing burger but I dont think it is that drastic either. Remember combine medical checks are extremely quick and conservative, it’s unfortunate but really no other way to do it. Sometimes mistakes happen, sometimes they get it right and save lives.

Now for Tucker non medical draft stock - the film wasn’t as good as 2021. It just wasn’t, new scheme did him no favors, he didn’t seem to trust his eyes, was not patient at all. Looked to bounce. Is what it is. Personally I love his profile as a late rounder, miami or minny would be awesome fit for him. He really needs a spot that he can just one cut and go or run to day light , use his speed and cut out the mental aspect of it.
If true, regardless of pro aspirations I’m happy they uncovered that

Wait, wait, who is our team Dr now?

Edit: seriously, can someone help with this? There has been so much wailing and gnashing of teeth here about nutrition, and here we have a case where a player has a potentially dangerous heart condition and, what? We didn't see it? Why not? Do we need to start digging into the medical support now as well?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom