Seaon ticket donations | Syracusefan.com

Seaon ticket donations

JDemo

Scout Team
Last year there was a season ticket donation organized for the Boys & Girls Club. Has anyone heard if this will take place again?

Last year there was a season ticket donation organized for the Boys & Girls Club. Has anyone heard if this will take place again?
Not sure...why don't you call them and find out.

Then post the details. We'll thumbtack it and people can mail them our unused tix.

Believe Sean helped organize this over at NunesMagician.com. I imagine we'll do if again.

I was curious as to whether SU was still doing $100 season tickets

Are you sure it wasn't Big Brothers Big Sisters? That's where the players' families donated to. It's also where I donate single game tix to. I have contact info if you'd like it.

Are you sure it wasn't Big Brothers Big Sisters? That's where the players' families donated to. It's also where I donate single game tix to. I have contact info if you'd like it.

Thanks you are right...it was Big Brothers Big Sisters. I spoke with Cathy Griffin there earlier today. Any single game tickets can be mailed to her attention. I spoke with the Dome about donating season tickets but they do not have a link set-up yet. You are right that Alec Lemon's family set this up last year. The Dome thought something likely would be set-up again by the players families.

Thanks you are right...it was Big Brothers Big Sisters. I spoke with Cathy Griffin there earlier today. Any single game tickets can be mailed to her attention. I spoke with the Dome about donating season tickets but they do not have a link set-up yet. You are right that Alec Lemon's family set this up last year. The Dome thought something likely would be set-up again by the players families.
Cathy is my contact.

For single game donations I just forward them using SU's ticket website. I pay the xfer fee (was $1.85 (?) per ticket last year), Cathy prints the tickets and a lucky kid gets to go to the game.

As with last year, we at syracusefan.com will be happy to set up a link with donation instructions if someone will step forward to coordinate with Big Brothers/Big Sisters to get the ball rolling.

It would be great to make this an annual tradition...to continue a very thoughtful gesture started by Alec's parents.

It would be great to make this an annual tradition...to continue a very thoughtful gesture started by Alec's parents.
Agreed.
I don't know how much the ticket office is able to do to help, I suspect nothing.

It will probably take someone local to collect funds via PayPal/check, drive to the Dome to get the tickets and then deliver them to Cathy.

2 pair of tickets is 40 donations of $10. I don't know if there are extra fees, with a local pickup I would hope not.
I would donate.

Hi everyone,

We worked with Oscar Vergara at Big Brothers/Big Sisters to coordinate tickets. His contact information can be found here:

http://www.bbbs-syr.org/

Just to let everyone know if you plan on continuing this (which I'm hoping can be done!), one issue we had with ticket sales, for NCAA compliance reasons, the tickets were purchased directly by donors, then mailed before the season began to our home in Maryland, which we then had to turn around and FEDEX up to Syracuse. The school was not able to send them directly to BBBS. If anyone is taking up the charge in herding all the moving parts, please note that you'll probably need to do something similar.

We dealt with Mark Potter to track all the names of people that participated so we could provide that list to BBBS to acknowledge their donation for tax/charity purposes. If someone would like the details or contact info, just PM me and I'll forward what I have from last year.

Cheers, Sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom