Season ticket holder reaction | Syracusefan.com

Season ticket holder reaction

I'm not happy with all the Friday games. First...only five games. I accepted that. Now, 3 on Friday! Harder to accept.

I'm not happy with all the Friday games. First...only five games. I accepted that. Now, 3 on Friday! Harder to accept.
What's wrong with Friday games?

What's wrong with Friday games?

I live 3 hours from the dome. I work on Fridays. That means, if I want to tailgate, I have to get there by say, 4... which means I have to take at least 1/2 day off. I get home from the night games around 2 AM which makes for a seemingly longer drive home.

It's not going to affect me going to any games. I'll still go to the games on Fridays but I would prefer Saturdays. The only good thing about Friday night games (for me) is that I will be free for the rest of the weekend at home.

I live 3 hours from the dome. I work on Fridays. That means, if I want to tailgate, I have to get there by say, 4... which means I have to take at least 1/2 day off. I get home from the night games around 2 AM which makes for a seemingly longer drive home.

It's not going to affect me going to any games. I'll still go to the games on Fridays but I would prefer Saturdays. The only good thing about Friday night games (for me) is that I will be free for the rest of the weekend at home.
Yeah, I hear you. I wish we could actually get some late Saturday games.

Yeah, I hear you. I wish we could actually get some late Saturday games.

We will get some late Saturday games when we play at a level deserving of late Saturday games, and when we have opponents who TV would also like to show on Saturday late afternoon or evening.

Right now, we have neither. So Friday it is.

Night games are better in general. Don't care when they are. If you have little kids, you don't have to worry about conflicts with their weekend schedules. You can tailgate all day if you wish. Students are more apt to go to a night game as opposed to a noon game. And the team seems to play better at night for some reason. I wish all our home games were at 7.

been going to games with my dad since ive been 3...kills me to say since ive started my new job i have less flexiblity when it comes to when im able to get time off(work in the dairy industry) unfortunely i wont be renewing my season tickets...cant go to friday games and saturday noon games arent a gimme for me either anymore.

Its about TV sets, not butts in seats.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Due to the fact that my tickets are now $40 a game for some lousy games, $25 for parking, ridiculously priced beers, two of the guys I had tickets with had kids and will no longer be going and they didn't even include an option for the NYC game tickets in my package I have decided that I will not renew my seats after 7 years. I may go to the Northwestern game if I can find cheap seats but otherwise my HDTV will work just fine.

Due to the fact that my tickets are now $40 a game for some lousy games, $25 for parking, ridiculously priced beers, two of the guys I had tickets with had kids and will no longer be going and they didn't even include an option for the NYC game tickets in my package I have decided that I will not renew my seats after 7 years. I may go to the Northwestern game if I can find cheap seats but otherwise my HDTV will work just fine.
25 for parking? Is this the super VIP lot? go park at Skytop for 10 bucks.

Ridiculously priced beer? you mean some of the cheapest stadium beer in the country?

$25 bucks is for the parking garage half a mile away on university, $7 for a cup (literally) is not cheap by my standards, specifically when its not a good a good beer to begin with

$25 bucks is for the parking garage half a mile away on university, $7 for a cup (literally) is not cheap by my standards, specifically when its not a good a good beer to begin with

Again, you need to get out more if you think the Dome experience is expensive when it comes to sports entertainment for 1A athletics. 1/2 mile away? Oh the horror? Up hill both ways as well? What

You can park at Manley at hop the bus ir walk for $10-$12. Bring a few beers, drink before the game and don't buy any when you get in there all sorts of alternatives but bitching about tix, parking, beer cost up there is absurd. It's not the University's fault if some can't afford it but they can't keep suppressing pricing anymore than they already have

Try beer at any other stadium in the country. $7.50 minimum for the crap, $9.00 for something drinkable.

Friday night games aren't really young kid friendly but it is what it is I guess. Does the ACC play on Friday nights as well?

Try beer at any other stadium in the country. $7.50 minimum for the crap, $9.00 for something drinkable.
Worse than that...try getting a beer at a college stadium at all. Most don't sell beer.

Friday night games aren't really young kid friendly but it is what it is I guess. Does the ACC play on Friday nights as well?
For 2012, they have games on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. They seem to like Thursday better than Friday.

Again, you need to get out more if you think the Dome experience is expensive when it comes to sports entertainment for 1A athletics. 1/2 mile away? Oh the horror? Up hill both ways as well? What

You can park at Manley at hop the bus ir walk for $10-$12. Bring a few beers, drink before the game and don't buy any when you get in there all sorts of alternatives but bitching about tix, parking, beer cost up there is absurd. It's not the University's fault if some can't afford it but they can't keep suppressing pricing anymore than they already have

I think in this case no one is really to blame. This isn't exactly the most economically-flourishing region in the world, and times are tough. You're going to have attendance casualties like this pretty much everywhere, especially when the team continues to lose and the schedule is so unattractive.

For 2012, they have games on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. They seem to like Thursday better than Friday.

Thanks xc, that'll make it hard for my college kids to watch games...oh well, TV is king.

That's fine I don't go to other stadiums, I go to the dome and the prices are getting jacked up for a lousy product.

When my season ticket renewals came this year it was $20 cheaper total (for four tickets) for two less games. Last year I spent around $28 a game, this year around $40. Thats a 30% increase for a team that did not go to a bowl. My parking went up last year by $5, and honestly I looked forward to going to the Meadowlands until they told me it was a separate ticket (AKA it's not really a home game it's a neutral site game that you can buy $60 tickets for). I live an hour away, and as I said two guys I go with had kids so they are no longer going and on top of that I have a hard time getting anyone else to come. There comes a time when between the increased pricing and hastle of the going to the game (and while the game is fun 2-hours of travel sucks) makes it not worthwhile. Let someone else have my tickets

I held my season tix through the last year of Coach P., all of G-Rob and Marrone's first three years. I know alot of people say you have to support the team and I will from my Syracuse man cave. I attended every home game and a few road games for eight years through alot of lousy football. I didn't understand why people did not want to come to the games. But the reality is the cost is too high for a lot of CNY people like myself. I understand that comparatively it is a great value to alot of other places, but here it's not.

value + fun = fans

value + not ever fun = no fans

people will pay any price if you have a product they want-
i think most people have had enough of the style played, when you play not to lose every week of every year -its bound to kill the fan base

Win and the "problems" seem to magically disappear.

That's fine I don't go to other stadiums, I go to the dome and the prices are getting jacked up for a lousy product.

Welcome to the world. I can accept your other arguments (even if I don't agree with them all), but this one just doesn't wash with me, when you compare. ALL stadiums gouge for concessions. Fact of life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom