Selection Committee to place greater emphasis on road wins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Committee to place greater emphasis on road wins

I t hink the idea is what I said before; people in general don't realize the huge impact home court has. You can't say a team that has a home win against #25 is as impressive as a neutral or road win against #25. It's not.

This is just trying to adjust for that
People that play sports know the difference. What does that tell you about them?

I'm waiting for this one: Any 1st or 2nd round NCAA tourney win played at a site within 60 miles of the campus of the winning team will not count as a win unless the margin of victory is at least 60 points. (This will be known as the UNC - Duke playing in Greensboro every year rule).

The NCAA should just get rid of conference tournaments and go the route of the FA Cup in soccer.

We gonna have relegation too?
FA Cup is a tournament. Over 700 teams were in it last year. My point is, make for every school. Obviously the better teams have multiple byes.

Last edited:
Any chance we can play Colgate at their place now?
Would be an OOC "road win".
play them in the Dome, give them a large percentage of the gate, call it a home game for them...and let them bat last.

play them in the Dome, give them a large percentage of the gate, call it a home game for them...and let them bat last.
Let them wear their white uniforms.
Oops. That didn't work so well with the mis-matched SU jerseys and shorts vs. BC.

It's already relevant information that they strongly consider anyway when comparing the bubble. Now they are just going to make sure it fits into the key metric every outsider looks at "Top 50", which I guess is now "Quality Wins".

While this change may help separate the P5+BE bubble teams from each other (which is good), it will also help separate them even further from the non Big 6 schools (which is bad). Non P5 bubble schools already suffer from lack of opportunity compared to P5 bubble teams, and now the P5 bubble teams are going to get even more opportunity for quality wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom