SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how teams we finished ahead of made it and we didn't in conference. The home road stuff is overthought by the committee bureaucrats. If Vandy doesn't play Florida they'll be bounced. But we need to control our schedule better. 3 losses to the nostalgia crowd never should've happened. And Titus Battle needed his vitamin C

That's fair.

But even before that we lost our 2 starting centers. How many teams do that and then put up the wins we did?

Not to mention Lydon playing hurt all year with his ankle.

I'm not going to argue we didn't face a lot of adversity. Losing schollies, Malachi leaving at least a year too early, etc.

Just that the committee was judging 18-14. Mediocre teams have some good wins all the time. That's what we were, by the numbers, a mediocre team.

I'm not going to argue we didn't face a lot of adversity. Losing schollies, Malachi leaving at least a year too early, etc.

Just that the committee was judging 18-14. Mediocre teams have some good wins all the time. That's what we were, by the numbers, a mediocre team.

Vandy made it in with 15 losses...

Ok, KS just quickly mentioned Boeheim will be on! My stream I know is delayed... but he just mentioned it with 1 sentence...

We played poorly against, and were beaten by, too many bad teams. Period. There's nothing more beyond that.

Clearly this is true but I just don't understand the logic behind it. The tournament is full of good teams, the goal is to win those games! We proved we can win against good teams. Why on earth would a few losses 4 months ago outweigh very good wins 4 weeks ago!

I REALLY feel for White (and the other seniors). But for him, going to the ncaa was all part of his plan for coming here. He played his tail off and deserved the opportunity - I enjoyed having him on the team this year. I enjoyed White and Gillon a lot. Hate the NIT, but at least we get to see a little more of them before it's all done and finished.

Yes, I watch Orange basketball when I can find the games, but watching us play defense this year usually made me cringe. A lot.

Why are you here right now? We didn't play so there was no game to 'search' for today.

While you're correct, I really hope that wasn't used as grounds to not invite us.

These things need to be determined on results.

I think he's mostly right. We did nothing in OOC and it's not like we went up against murderers row. Very close to having ZERO road/OOC wins. Blown out in some.

I am probably in the minority but I think Boeheim's rant post Miami hurt us. It shouldn't per se but why give a committee extra fuel to F you. I'm not even talking about Greensboro. This five minute soliloquy how this year is better than last was not good. It doesn't matter!! This year has NOTHING to do with last year! Ugh :bang:

The "eye test" of this current team vs other bubble teams should have gotten us in.

Ok, Dick Vitale is strongly saying that we should be in!! He is talking about the one eye!!! Eye test!!!

I have it on streaming, but I didnt see that mentioned. Right now Bilas is talking...mentioned Syracuse being out...
Vitale on now. They also said calipari and Boeheim
The "eye test" of this current team vs other bubble teams should have gotten us in.

Ok, Dick Vitale is strongly saying that we should be in!! He is talking about the one eye!!! Eye test!!!

I do wonder if JBs public antagonistic persona hurts at all in these situations. I want to be the team everyone likes. We seem to be the team everyone dislikes.

If Bilas has pleaded our case in front of the selection committee we would have been in. Great lawyer.

I do wonder if JBs public antagonistic persona hurts at all in these situations. I want to be the team everyone likes. We seem to be the team everyone dislikes.

It seems that most of people inside the game like him though.

Got to be careful about using "thank you" and "dick" in the same sentence. Good job though doing it, it works. :)

I concur. It's odd, your last sentence. I don't understand why that is.

Why are you here right now? We didn't play so there was no game to 'search' for today.

Sorry, I wasn't aware I needed your sanction. Please forgive my chaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom