Selection Show Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Show Thread

While I still think were clearly out there definitely is a double standard when it comes to Syracuse. For them to not even list Syracuse as one of the 7 bubble teams is insane. I guarantee that if Duke or UNC had our exact resue they would sure as hell be listed.

Watching Bilas/Greenburg/Williams/Davis on SC right now... Syracuse isn't even in the discussion of their "7 bubble teams'. They're talking about teams that have the same record as SU in worse conferences. Consensus was Syracuse was in after beating Wake in the ACCT, then we lose to a likely #1 or 2 seed UNC, and we're not even in the next four out suddenly? Where does this consensus come from? People group the 8 bubble teams together and treat them as equals going into their conference tournaments, then treat all of their rounds as equals. Syracuse must beat UNC and ND must beat Virginia Tech, and everyone treats those games as equals.

It does sort of highlight the ridiculous nature of it all. They were talking last night if UNC won the ACCT that they could be a 1 seed in the NCAAT because of quadrants...that's the six seed in the ACCT.

We went from 98% in with a win over Wake Forest, to off the radar for losing to a team that is that close to a 1 seed? What? I mean, I get it, but it's a tad absurd and highlights how all over the place ESPN from minute-to-minute with this stuff.

ESPN is doing its viewers a disservice with the amount of politicking they do every year for certain teams to be in. Instead of reporting on metrics I feel they’ve editorialized the entire process based on who they want in.

Palm was just on CBS, had us in, he had Marquette as his last team in, SU the spot above them, fwiw.
This please. I feel like this year is way more unpredictable. There are a legit 6-8 teams jockeying for about 2 spots. I think we’re gonna way in. We meet all the criteria. Even Okie State, who should probably be in, has atrocious RPI and NCSOS numbers, which could very well sink them. ASU and Louisville definitely shouldn’t be in over us. Probably St Mary’s too.

If we get in, it’s cream cheese and any victory in the tourney is extra.

I’d really like Battle to get a shot in the tourney.

With that said, next year is our opportunity to make a splash and get back to prominence.

We deserve to be in, but I’m not going to go crazy over being left out. We’re a team held together with duct tape and hope.

No shame in what we’ve done this year, in or out.

Watching Bilas/Greenburg/Williams/Davis on SC right now... Syracuse isn't even in the discussion of their "7 bubble teams'. They're talking about teams that have the same record as SU in worse conferences. Consensus was Syracuse was in after beating Wake in the ACCT, then we lose to a likely #1 or 2 seed UNC, and we're not even in the next four out suddenly? Where does this consensus come from? People group the 8 bubble teams together and treat them as equals going into their conference tournaments, then treat all of their rounds as equals. Syracuse must beat UNC and ND must beat Virginia Tech, and everyone treats those games as equals.
Where is Wildhack? With his connections, there should be more campaigning on our behalf.

Yeah, I love those who throw out the "deserve" comments. I could care less if we are deserving, I just want to dance!!
Bingo. Every fleeting moment of cuse basketball season is precious. Then its a long spring and summer before Dungey takes what is his

I'll be honest, the only reason I feel like we have zero chance is because of ESPN.

I know Palm has us in but he's on somewhere that I have to search out for.

ESPN doesn't even mention our name aside from a scroll that shows us as "Next Four Out".

The network has basically pushed the entire conversation to include only a few teams the powers at be decided they talk about.

I'm pretty sure they are advocating Alabama as a 4 seed at this point.

We don't deserve to be in?! That's a load of crock.

We barely have 7 healthy scholarship players.
3 of those 7 are freshman (plus HW who is done for the year).
We only have 2 healthy guards who are basically playing 40 minutes a game.
We're starting a true freshman at both forward spots.

Despite all of the above we have a top 10 defense, and won 20+ games, yet we don't deserve to be in?! Adios...

I'll be honest, the only reason I feel like we have zero chance is because of ESPN.

ESPN doesn't even mention our name aside from a scroll that shows us as "Next Four Out".

The network has basically pushed the entire conversation to include only a few teams the powers at be decided they talk about.

They did the same thing two years ago and we weren’t even one of the last teams in. I think you’re overvaluing their influence. They politic every year and that’s why they are not accurate.

Campaigning for what? ESPN has no sway over the committee.
Not today, but it’s something I’ve been thinking about all week. I don’t want to come off as too critical of the guy. Isn’t this one of the reasons he was hired, though?

ncaa-nit-time-for-that.jpg

I understand that there are a lot of okay teams on the bubble, including SU, but if analysts are identify teams having a "good win" by beating Syracuse, then we must be good enough to get in. If we are not a NCAA tournament team, then stop identify beating SU as a good win.

So if we don't get in I won't pay attention to another word they say. Brilliant idea to minimize the ratings.

They went from one side of dumb to the other side of dumb.

I actually liked the buildup of tension ... as long as it was over 30 minutes. They went too far both ways.

I'm drawing a blank on the poster, possibly jncuse or Pearl31, that the last two years was spot on in predicting SU's status when most others were wrong. What do they think?

I'm pretty sure they are advocating Alabama as a 4 seed at this point.
Wildhack must have been one heck of a boss!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom