Selection Show Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Show Thread

I didn’t predict a losing season but I did think my 17-14 prediction was on the optimistic side. And that was before Thorpe disappeared! Coming into the season this was a team with one proven acc player, and no elite incoming players. (It’s fair to say that Brissett probably should have been). Even with some pleasant surprises from Brissett, Howard, dolezaj, and sidibe (tho injuries) it’s still a team with three above average p5 players. To end up in the tourney is a hell of an accomplishment.
I predicted our season record both non conference and conference and the ACC tourney correctly but thought we were NIT bound. Even today after I saw ASU and Bama I thought we were toast.

Perhaps the fact that the game was a 12pm Saturday tip after a busy Friday night out in Miami?

But yeah, you, me, everyone. He looked awful.
If I remember correctly it was a Sunday game vs. Harden in 2009. I don't remember if it was noon but it was a day game, maybe 2pm if not noon. Jonny Flynn dominated him.

I knew it was the early game. I got up and went to Wegmans to get bagels, bacon, eggs and cheese for breakfast sandwiches and cooked breakfast for the girl I was dating and her two roommates.

We ate brunch, drank brass monkeys and watched Cuse beat down ASU.

Notre Dame was 69 and we were 68... If we won at ND without Howard and Battle and they were one spot a head of us... I would be upset

Issue with this thinking that if Notre Dame got in then Louisville would have been mad cause they beat them. And if Louisville got in then we would have been mad cause we beat them. Had 3 ACC who all beat each other. So you can't really take head to head and just have to look at the resumes of the teams without a name on it and see which resume is better

I love the tournament and I'm beyond thrilled we're in. But it just cracks me up how at least in college football, you are arguing about who the top 4 is. In college basketball, everybody is freaking out and arguing about who the best of the mediocre is.

Issue with this thinking that if Notre Dame got in then Louisville would have been mad cause they beat them. And if Louisville got in then we would have been mad cause we beat them. Had 3 ACC who all beat each other. So you can't really take head to head and just have to look at the resumes of the teams without a name on it and see which resume is better

explain this to Dickie V who thinks OK state should have gotten in over OU because State beat them twice. It just doesn't work this way because teams are not competing against one other team, they are competing against four, five, six other teams....

flat out OK state played absolutely nobody in the OOC...and that killed them.

Dixon the zone destroyer. Amazing how they planned that.

Does he have the same type of players at TCU. The ones who float around the top of the key like a free safety and set illegal screens all game. Haven't watched a minute of the horned frogs this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom