Selection Show Thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Show Thread

If I had known that...I'd have been rooting hard for Davidson.
I probably got more upset over today's games than I did any su game this year.who knew davidson winning was a good thing.

Was waiting for Dookie V to lobby for ND or St. Mary's.
St.Mary's had only 4 of 28 wins vs top 100 RPI teams. Non conference SOS 197. They had most of their team returning from a prior year team that won 29 games and they didn't schedule any tough non conference games. They got what they should have expected. Play somebody other than Gonzaga. The conference is weak, should schedule some OOC games like Zags do. Play in a early season tourney. Anything.

So happy Cuse made it, scared my dog in celebratory yelling! :)

I told you not to lose the faith! Hopefully we can make a run past ASU and beat down Dixon in the first round. Regardless of what happens, hearing Cuse called during the show was worth all of the craziness of this past week.

As for my final TCW Bracketology stats, I ended up with 67/68. 63 seeded correctly or within one line. 4 misses by 2 seed lines.

All in all, I couldn't be happier. Cuse is in, and I got more teams right than Lunardi and Palm! (Even though they will both likely score higher after seeding scoring)

There is definitely a learning curve to seeding.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to the blog. I will definitely be doing it again. And thank you to all of you for allowing me to barge into this forum every year around this time.:rolling:

Go Orange!

He and every other media member in the 315 were banging the drum that Harden was overrated after that game. We all were.

I don’t want to hear it from him now.

I very rarely point out when I'm right. I'm more likely to laugh at myself when I'm wrong. But I was actually one that was pointing out how ridiculous people were for judging Harden over one game.

Why is Frank Howard nowhere to be found as the team watched the Selection Show ???

St.Mary's had only 4 of 28 wins vs top 100 RPI teams. Non conference SOS 197. They had most of their team returning from a prior year team that won 29 games and they didn't schedule any tough non conference games. They got what they should have expected. Play somebody other than Gonzaga. The conference is weak, should schedule some OOC games like Zags do. Play in a early season tourney. Anything.
St Mary's turned down opportunities to play Rhode Island and CREIGHTON this year. The committee chairman was from CREIGHTON. They got shat they deserved.

Someone posted that he's under the weather.
JB was asked in his presser about someone not being there. He said that person was sick. But I didn't hear the question. I guess it's Frank.

JB was asked in his presser about someone not being there. He said that person was sick. But I didn't hear the question. I guess it's Frank.
Ok thanks. Yea ya don't want any sickness spreading to the rest of the team. Keep him quarantined lol.

So happy Cuse made it, scared my dog in celebratory yelling! :)

I told you not to lose the faith! Hopefully we can make a run past ASU and beat down Dixon in the first round. Regardless of what happens, hearing Cuse called during the show was worth all of the craziness of this past week.

As for my final TCW Bracketology stats, I ended up with 67/68. 63 seeded correctly or within one line. 4 misses by 2 seed lines.

All in all, I couldn't be happier. Cuse is in, and I got more teams right than Lunardi and Palm! (Even though they will both likely score higher after seeding scoring)

There is definitely a learning curve to seeding.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to the blog. I will definitely be doing it again. And thank you to all of you for allowing me to barge into this forum every year around this time.:rolling:

Go Orange!

Tom thank you for the amazing contributions to the board over the past few weeks. You are the man!

All the ESPN dudes love the B1G. They've all got three B1G teams in the final eight and MSU as the proverbial favorite to win it. B1G is definitely screwed.

Jim Boeheim did a phenomenal coaching job to get this team to the NCAA Tournament in a season where very few thought that would happen.
A few on this forum predicted that SU's streak of winning seasons would come to an end this year. 20-13 with basically 7 players, sometimes 6, and, more than once, 5 healthy players, the team should be very proud of its accomplishments. Would be nice to beat Arizona State and face TCU which is far from an unbeatable team. I still can't believe SU made the tournament, especially with the upset by Davidson, but it's nice to continue the season without it being in the NIT.

Gotta say that after that game, I didn't see the big deal about Harden. He looked slow against us, as I recall.

Perhaps the fact that the game was a 12pm Saturday tip after a busy Friday night out in Miami?

But yeah, you, me, everyone. He looked awful.

A few on this forum predicted that SU's streak of winning seasons would come to an end this year. 20-13 with basically 7 players, sometimes 6, and, more than once, 5 healthy players, the team should be very proud of its accomplishments. Would be nice to beat Arizona State and face TCU which is far from an unbeatable team. I still can't believe SU made the tournament, especially with the upset by Davidson, but it's nice to continue the season without it being in the NIT.

I didn’t predict a losing season but I did think my 17-14 prediction was on the optimistic side. And that was before Thorpe disappeared! Coming into the season this was a team with one proven acc player, and no elite incoming players. (It’s fair to say that Brissett probably should have been). Even with some pleasant surprises from Brissett, Howard, dolezaj, and sidibe (tho injuries) it’s still a team with three above average p5 players. To end up in the tourney is a hell of an accomplishment.

Per Gary Parrish Twitter - St Mary’s turned down a home and home with Rhode Island (starting this year). They also turned down a Creighton game.

Gotta say that after that game, I didn't see the big deal about Harden. He looked slow against us, as I recall.

I knew his numbers (20ppg and 9rpg, as I recall) and he basically did nothing in that game. I assumed he was sick or injured. I don't think his greatest admirer that season could have predicted how good he's become in the NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom