Selection Sunday Show Discussion (Gripes, Rage, Biases, Happiness, whatever welcome) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday Show Discussion (Gripes, Rage, Biases, Happiness, whatever welcome)

2-7 in quad one though with a NET of 56. I think Providence, Indiana st. and St. John’s all have legitimate gripes. Maybe even Seton Hall. The BE schools all have at least 4 quad ones with St. John’s having a significant higher NET. And this is coming from someone ecstatic the BE schools are out.

The 3 big east schools were so close to each other. Some days I would be more on one than the other. I wonder if that did them all in somehow.

I think Seton Hall or Providence should’ve made it. The St Johns love never made sense to me. Analytics look good but the only tournament team they beat was Creighton.

I’d be lying though if I didn’t take joy in seeing only 3 BE schools in. If for no other reason than I am so tired of seeing so many media members act as if the conference is better now than it ever was. It’s always been top heavy post us leaving. It feels very similar to mediocre SEC football schools claiming SEC dominance for Georgia and Bama winning titles.

I haven’t paid attention since we lost at Clemson . Was NC state expected to get in if they lost the final? Looking at who’s in and out , would we have been in with 2 tourney wins ? 1 win ?

2-7 in quad one though with a NET of 56. I think Providence, Indiana st. and St. John’s all have legitimate gripes. Maybe even Seton Hall. The BE schools all have at least 4 quad ones with St. John’s having a significant higher NET. And this is coming from someone ecstatic the BE schools are out.
I get it, but Q1 is not the only thing they look at.

I'm just saying UVa being in is not the horrendous decision some people here are saying it is.

I haven’t paid attention since we lost at Clemson . Was NC state expected to get in if they lost the final? Looking at who’s in and out , would we have been in with 2 tourney wins ? 1 win ?
Nc state would have been out if they lost final.

Pretty sure we would have been out unless we won tourney

Not disagreeing that Pitt had a horrible Non-Con.
I'm just not sure if they did enough to get in even if you disregard that factor. If it did them in good.
Unlike Oklahoma IMO.
Agree. They def played better recently. And they would be a solid team in the tourney given all the road wins.

The Big East was projecting as a 5-6 bid league all year. But a bunch of them were tediously right around that line all the time.

Things actually went really well for them as late as Thursday, and they probably started thinking 6 again(St. John's beating Seton Hall seemed optimal, and Providence got a huge Q1 win).

But when things imploded due to all the bubble busters, they were the proper teams to be victimized.
You could argue they could have got a 4th, but that's it.
Do you think that bad call kept them out?

Do you think that bad call kept them out?

The TCU one?
Without a doubt -- that one game would have moved them up a few spots in the crowded mess.

Virginia is a weak selection. I’m not sure why they got in. They’ve been pretty putrid the past few weeks. Pitt is a better team. I would say Seton Hall and St. John’s are too.
Makes me think then why do we care about the ACC 20 game regular season? Seems to me when they (Va.) lost, they lost big, but they were 13-7 And came in 3rd out of 15 teams. We cannot have it both ways.
Best analogy that comes to mind is the 1960 World Series. Nobody cares that the Yankees beat the snot out of the Pirates in 3 games by like 30 runs; the fact is the Pirates eked out 4 wins and won it.

Setting aside whether one hates UConn or not - a potential Sweet 16 matchup between UConn and Auburn is lunacy. So UConn is the #1 overall seed playing what is supposed to be the last 4 seed. lol Auburn won 27 games with 26 coming by double digits. They're top six or better in NET and Kenpom. A casual viewing of any of their games would show they are a legit top ten team, also the deepest squad in the country. Both teams are getting royally screwed here.

Couple of things - was it me or does Jay Wright give off a vibe that he hates Seth Davis on the selection show (as do I by the way he just takes time from Clark and Jay who make sense).

I think UCONN is going to win but the committee seems to not want them to.

I'm in the minority I know but there are more bad teams than good in this tourney - we shouldn't be looking to expand, we should contract. The close games sway us into thinking they are good games when in actuality it was a good ending.

First round upsets by UAB, Grand Canyon, McNeese and Samford.

Uconn's path is hard this year, but last year was easy and they won a championship. Despite being the overall #1 seed maybe the committee didn't want them to cake walk into back to back championships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom