Selection Sunday thread... | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday thread...

Agreed. I hope to see lots of disappointment and pain since that will make me feel better as a Cuse fan.
They average 11 more FT attempts and 8 more made FT than their opponents.

Those friendly whistles will disappear at some point in the tournament

Will be interesting to see who the 1’s will be. 4 of the top 5 lost. UConn will be the overall #1 then…..

IMO it should be

Uconn
Houston
Purdue
Iowa St.

Will be interesting to see who the 1’s will be. 4 of the top 5 lost. UConn will be the overall #1 then…..

There was a dead heat for the overall #1 seed, entering this week between those 3 teams who were way ahead of everyone - Purdue probably had the slight edge starting the week. I agree, UConn has to get it at this point. Purdue and Houston were so far ahead of everyone they are #2 and #3.

The last #1 seed was the interesting one entering this week and it didn't get any less murkier - if any of Tennessee, UNC, and Arizona had got the job done it was probably going to them. Now Iowa St plays into the discussion with a win today as well. Could be any one of Tennesee, UNC, or Iowa St.

I’ve come to terms with the fact that UConn is probably going to win another one (although this time it wouldn’t be due to luck).
They are just really really good. I think the only thing that can stop them is a literal lid on the rim.

pitt has no chance
Our home win against UNC is just as impressive or maybe more impressive at this point than their win at Duke. They also couldn’t beat UNC and Duke at home.

I think yesterday’s craziness knocked Pitt or Virginia out. Will be interesting to see which one.
Pitt is out out, I think Syracuse should be ahead of them on the pecking order at this point. Virginia can potentially have a win against the SEC champion today. They may sneak in if Florida winning puts them in one of the committees contingency brackets. I think Virginia is definitely out if Florida loses today.

pitt has no chance
Better resume than Oklahoma, Michigan St or Texas A&M. 40 NET with 22 overall wins, including 4 Q1 wins and 7-4 road record. They have a strong resume compared to those other teams the pundits have in.

Better resume than Oklahoma, Michigan St or Texas A&M. 40 NET with 22 overall wins, including 4 Q1 wins and 7-4 road record. They have a strong resume compared to those other teams the pundits have in.
They still have no chance

But they have 2 Q3 losses against Missouri and checks notes, Syracuse!

Excellent support for your viewpoint
Because they beat Duke? Thats what people are hanging their hat on. Pitt is a mediocre team and doesnt deserve a bid. I dont need to support it.

Agree but I think they are out. Beyond nice wins over Baylor and Illinois, Michigan State’s resume blows. Another team who benefitted from the NET BS

I’ve come to terms with the fact that UConn is probably going to win another one (although this time it wouldn’t be due to luck).
I’ll keep saying it, it’s just unfathomable as a stand alone and if you actually include the posts here about their situation 5+ years ago. Yikes. A literal horror story. Literally can’t be made up.

Anyway, I will actually be shocked if they don’t repeat. How often can that ever be said?

I posted this on my bubble watch thread, but figured I should post it here as well as more people are following this one.

Here is the current bubble line per the matrix (based on today's 39 submissions only) Given everything that happened yesterday, I don't think it makes sense to use the 67 older submissions. The info below provides a better viewpoint then what you will see on the matrix (as of now) anyway. In a few hours, they will probably get a few more in, and drop all the old stuff.

These are the teams I will consider today

Out of 39

Michigan St 39 ** (Avg Seed 10.1)
Miss St 37 (Avg Seed 9.4)
Colorado 37 (Avg Seed 10.0)
Florida Atlantic 36 (Avg Seed 9.9)
Oklahoma 32 (Avg Seed 10.2)
Texas A&M 30 (Avg Seed 10.1)
---- In/Out Line -------
St. John's 17
Seton Hall 3
Virginia 3
Indiana St 1
Pitt 1
Providence 0

** Although Michigan St is 39/39, that avg seed is not any stronger than the rest. People are putting them in, but barely. I suspect in the end a few brave people on the matrix will have them out. They will very likely get in though, but its something to at least take some joy in watching them sweat a bit.

As the week progressed things got really ugly for the Big East and ACC teams... and to be fair, they actually didn't "choke" overall. St. John's, Pitt, Providence all had big wins. They just got caught by the numbers game. I do think one of the 5 teams though, does get in the end, and one of the teams above the line is out.

I posted this on my bubble watch thread, but figured I should post it here as well as more people are following this one.

Here is the current bubble line per the matrix (based on today's 39 submissions only) Given everything that happened yesterday, I don't think it makes sense to use the 67 older submissions. The info below provides a better viewpoint then what you will see on the matrix (as of now) anyway. In a few hours, they will probably get a few more in, and drop all the old stuff.

These are the teams I will consider today

Out of 39

Michigan St 39 ** (Avg Seed 10.1)
Miss St 37 (Avg Seed 9.4)
Colorado 37 (Avg Seed 10.0)
Florida Atlantic 36 (Avg Seed 9.9)
Oklahoma 32 (Avg Seed 10.2)
Texas A&M 30 (Avg Seed 10.1)
---- In/Out Line -------
St. John's 17
Seton Hall 3
Virginia 3
Indiana St 1
Pitt 1
Providence 0

** Although Michigan St is 39/39, that avg seed is not any stronger than the rest. People are putting them in, but barely. I suspect in the end a few brave people on the matrix will have them out. They will very likely get in though, but its something to at least take some joy in watching them sweat a bit.

As the week progressed things got really ugly for the Big East and ACC teams... and to be fair, they actually didn't "choke" overall. St. John's, Pitt, Providence all had big wins. They just got caught by the numbers game. I do think one of the 5 teams though, does get in the end, and one of the teams above the line is out.
It’s SHOCKING how inflated Michigan State’s NET is. Someone will have to explain to me how they are tricking the system. Nothing about their record translates to 24 in NET, yet there they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom