Sell Out Saturday night | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sell Out Saturday night

so change it up so that if you buy the pricey tickets you can only buy 1-2 games at the ticket price for friends. if you want more but the full season.. buy reward people who step up and buy the expensive seats.

Bees is right, for better or worse the days of discounted tickets for premium seats are gone. Wildhack made a tough call but its the right one.
Disagree completely that it’s the right call. You can do this for basketball and charge $90+ for seats to the Duke game, because there’s a demand for it. Charging $50-110 per seat in a “premium” section for football in its current state is ludicrous. It’s been proven over and over again when those seats are empty every game. The demand isn’t there yet for the casual fan to spend that kind of money for football. I wish it was, but it isn’t. I’m not suggesting that I know the answer, but the current price structure is not it.

people want to cut costs. people switched to crappy streams for TV to save money too. now its not even a tax write off any more to buy the preferred seats for most

No excuse this week when the casual fan can buy a ticket for $10. Chris Carlson just put up this link on Twitter. Let’s spread the word and fill the dome on Saturday.

A discounted football ticket will be offered in advance for $10, with seating in sections 108 and 109 in the lower portion of the West end zone. You can access that special rate at Cuse.com/faith or by contacting Marina Agacinski (315-443-6660).

Like you I left after the Fumble on the goal line, couldn't bear to watch us give another game away. Nearly turned back around but the wife was ready to go and was dealing with a medical issue so it actually worked out for the best. Still had the game on my phone and radio when I got back to the fine lot but sometimes your emotions just take over. Will definitely be there for the whole game against NC State.

Man, didn’t you learn after that BC game a few years ago?

Hope the wife is ok!

You think fridays a disadvantage at all? Figured a lot of people will go after work just because its a place to be
I actually have been predicting all year that if this team is in the thick of Bowl contention/had a good record that the crowd for Louisville would be big.

It means a lot to have a pre-determined game time far enough removed from the Summer and a lot of youth sports teams going on a Friday night. Good or bad this season, Louisville is a “name” to some extent. If they win Saturday night I would bet 44,000.

SUOrange44

Disagree completely that it’s the right call. You can do this for basketball and charge $90+ for seats to the Duke game, because there’s a demand for it. Charging $50-110 per seat in a “premium” section for football in its current state is ludicrous. It’s been proven over and over again when those seats are empty every game. The demand isn’t there yet for the casual fan to spend that kind of money for football. I wish it was, but it isn’t. I’m not suggesting that I know the answer, but the current price structure is not it.

It’s the right call when people can sit elsewhere for less and they feel they’ll lose donors if game after game the seats can be bought for ticket price only. Why donate if you can get the same seats for ticket cost only?

It’s the right call when people can sit elsewhere for less and they feel they’ll lose donors if game after game the seats can be bought for ticket price only. Why donate if you can get the same seats for ticket cost only?

Maybe they need to suspend the donation plan starting next year. But price them higher (not crazily) than other seats in the Dome. Season ticket holders would therefore get a price break, and perhaps you get more season ticket holders, overall bringing in more money?

If there is sustained success and real demand, you start it back up.

Would be a risk, or perhaps an investment, but maybe it's worth it.

I'm surprised that most people still want to pay it, considering they won't get the tax break.

people want to cut costs. people switched to crappy streams for TV to save money too. now its not even a tax write off any more to buy the preferred seats for most
Slightly OT.
Crappy streams? I can watch any CFB game in the country. I get 60 channels with an antenna. That's the only way to get true HD. Cable is compressed into 3Mb, and image quality is less. The majority of my television is streamed at 4K/ultra HD...4 times the resolution of the antenna -and 5 times the image quality of cable.

Cable is the crappy one...;-) Scientifically speaking, anyway. They'd have to pay me hundreds a month to go back to inferior quality, programming, and commercials. It still wouldn't be worth it. $$ had nothing to do with it. No one ever turned on the cable, because it sucked in comparison, so I stopped paying for something we never used.

I think the marketing department should hit up Buffalo.

Are you interested in some competitive football? Hop on the thruway and head to the carrier dome to watch the Orange take on the wolfpack!

the tax law is gonna kill these donations. The model will need to be changed i would think.

So maybe they should reevaluate that structure for next season... I'm talking about the remaining 2 home games left on our schedule. It's clear that those seats were empty for the other 4 home games this year, and that doesn't look like it will change for these remaining 2. If they want to drum up fan support and really pack the Dome for NC St and Louisville, why not drop those prices in order to do so? Are season ticket holders in that section really going to be that turned off by it for 2 games? Maybe it leads to additional ticket sales for 2019 with a revised pricing structure? It's clear that the current price point isn't working, and they have an opportunity to really reel people in for these next 2 games. Seems to me like a no-brainer.

Im talking about the equivalent of my season seats. I paid 225 for mine, I was not required to donate. My row is now individually priced at $110 per seat. And behind me gets as low as 55 I believe. I think it’s nuts.

Maybe they need to suspend the donation plan starting next year. But price them higher (not crazily) than other seats in the Dome. Season ticket holders would therefore get a price break, and perhaps you get more season ticket holders, overall bringing in more money?

If there is sustained success and real demand, you start it back up.

Would be a risk, or perhaps an investment, but maybe it's worth it.

I'm surprised that most people still want to pay it, considering they won't get the tax break.

I’ve suggested a couple times to greatly flatten the donation structure. They did reduce the number of seats that require a donation but they didn’t go far enough imo.

There's a lot of upper deck end zone and corner seats available. Those have to sell this week.

So maybe they should reevaluate that structure for next season... I'm talking about the remaining 2 home games left on our schedule. It's clear that those seats were empty for the other 4 home games this year, and that doesn't look like it will change for these remaining 2. If they want to drum up fan support and really pack the Dome for NC St and Louisville, why not drop those prices in order to do so? Are season ticket holders in that section really going to be that turned off by it for 2 games? Maybe it leads to additional ticket sales for 2019 with a revised pricing structure? It's clear that the current price point isn't working, and they have an opportunity to really reel people in for these next 2 games. Seems to me like a no-brainer.
I would contact AD John Wildhack via email with your ideas. He answers all emails and is very receptive to new ideas. The Cuse on the Quad tent with beer for sale is a prime example.

I’ve suggested a couple times to greatly flatten the donation structure. They did reduce the number of seats that require a donation but they didn’t go far enough imo.
Ah ok wel this answers some of my questions then

Im talking about the equivalent of my season seats. I paid 225 for mine, I was not required to donate. My row is now individually priced at $110 per seat. And behind me gets as low as 55 I believe. I think it’s nuts.

Yea I didn’t know where you sat. But if your in a no donation area and they are $110, somethings not right.

Yea I didn’t know where you sat. But if your in a no donation area and they are $110, somethings not right.

There's an error, as Bees noted not preferred seats are no where near that much. Sounds like SU is offering a couple discounts on less desirable seats to help pump up the attendance figures, that is the right move. Wildhack isn't going to give the place away though either which is what SU had to do for those last few major crowd games. I believe the current approach is the correct one even though it will invite a thread each week on this board from a person not actually at the game which I find to be mind boggling but its this boards MO.

Last edited:
I definitely think it’s an error by Ticketmaster. Reach out to Jeremiah Maher who is in charge of ticketing and let him know.

Here is a link to his email address: Syracuse University