Seth Davis is a joke | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis is a joke

Cuse_NYC

Starter
photo.PNG

He doesn't really need to say it because he comes off like a . But Tyler was a big reason for out loss.

He's a duke apologist and a thinly-veiled shill.

So no surprise that he's espousing that viewpoint.

It's a dopey perspective and an interesting bait and switch--Syracuse didn't do enough, therefore the bad / inconsistent call is irrelevant.

Actually that is not that far off. Ennis has not been good the last couple of games. Is it mental fatigue or physical is the question. Hopefully this little down spell convinces him that he needs another year before jumping to the league.

Actually that is not that far off. Ennis has not been good the last couple of games. Is it mental fatigue or physical is the question. Hopefully this little down spell convinces him that he needs another year before jumping to the league.
No question that Ennis hasn't been good... just the way that homer worded it. "Hilarious" to him.

He isn't wrong, but he is also missing the point. Regardless of an individual player's stat line, there was inconsistent interpretation of the block/charge in the game. It was this interpretation, in the end, that caused a 5 point and potentially 6 point swing.

A couple games ago (BC), Ennis was 6-14 for 14 points with 8 rebounds, 6 assists, and only 2 turnovers. I'll take that from him every game if I can get it.

That's what he finds hilarious? Huh, must have a pretty lame sense of humor.

He was calling it a block on TV yesterday, but there aren't many retweets available from taking that viewpoint.

Here he's just trolling.

It does not change the fact that if the correct call had been made, Cuse would have been shooting a FT to take the lead with 10 seconds left.

I find it hysterical Seth has a job.
TC and Tyler are shooting poorly but are flat out playing great D.
So put that into the equation Seth while you pretend you have anything of value to add.

hey seth, ennis went 2 for 13 and syracuse was still in position to win the game and the refs took away that chance.

that stuff drives me nuts. nothing that happened earlier in the game makes it ok or justifies the awful call that cost syracuse a chance to win the game.

I do agree that we need to not leave the game to the chance of a bad last call, and our offense could step up a bit, but creatorsgame pretty much nailed it on the head. Lots of games come down to last minute shots. Especially those back and forth games. And that's where the refs need to swallow their whistles. It really would help if there were some sort of automatic review for all calls in the last minute of the game. I know it could slow the game down at a key moment. Maybe it is a coaches call to ask for the review. I know this guy said he agreed with his call after seeing it again, but what else is he going to say now. But another ref reviewing it may have seen it differently. We had this same thing happen in Atlanta with Michigan after rallying for a valiant comeback. I for one am sick of having our hard work negated by questionable calls.

I will not try to defend 2 for 13 as anything close to "ok" - however, a drive that rims out or causes the defense to collapse provides opportunities for offensive rebounds and putbacks... I guess I'm saying that it doesn't tell the "whole story." That being said, I bet that Steady Ennis scores much more efficiently tonight!

Of course he's a joke.
Some guys we waffle on...
But this guy - even when he says something good about us & someone posts about it..
He's the one everyone agrees at all times is still a joke right? He seriously brings nothing insightful to the table, ever.
I'm convinced he has a job because Les Moonves lost a prop bet & was told to put the worst possible donkey of an analyst on the air.

I'd guess more mental than physical, although both are likely weighing on him. Good grief, last year at this time he was in high school. It's dizzying what he's coping with, and for the most part pretty well.

He isn't wrong, but he is also missing the point. Regardless of an individual player's stat line, there was inconsistent interpretation of the block/charge in the game. It was this interpretation, in the end, that caused a 5 point and potentially 6 point swing.
see my post, interestingly one of the articles i read on this matter was by none other than sd. tell me these guys arent headlining idiots

lets not forgot how in the first half BMK could have had 6-8 points for us if he could just put the ball in the net two feet away from the rim.

I love BMK but his hands of stone around the basket lost us some easy points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom