Class of 2020 - Seth Towns | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Seth Towns

It's not like we can recruit right now so if guys make a decision now it is likely that is where they always wanted to go.

If he doesn't come here can we give up on Columbus as a market for players? We're 0 for 2 already with Moyer and Bazley from that fine burg.

Yeah, that's a big enough sample size for me!

It's not like we can recruit right now so if guys make a decision now it is likely that is where they always wanted to go.
I've been wondering about that. I thought we were in a no 'crootin zone.

I think Towns goes OSU and Tape Maryland.
Towns says he is very interested in pursuing a graduate degree in creative writing.

Ohio State does not have a good program in this area. If you take him at his word, it seems unlikely he would end up there. Bad fit.

Based on a little research I have done, among the schools he is considering, Michigan, Virginia and Syracuse have the best creating writing programs. If he bases his decision on academics, it will probably be one of these schools.

Towns says he is very interested in pursuing a graduate degree in creative writing.

Ohio State does not have a good program in this area. If you take him at his word, it seems unlikely he would end up there. Bad fit.

Based on a little research I have done, among the schools he is considering, Michigan, Virginia and Syracuse have the best creating writing programs. If he bases his decision on academics, it will probably be one of these schools.
Based on nothing other than a wild guess, Virginia has always seemed like a great fit for Towns from the outside looking in. Not saying we aren't.

Based on nothing other than a wild guess, Virginia has always seemed like a great fit for Towns from the outside looking in. Not saying we aren't.

It it is purely based upon academics, then it would be tough to not see either UVa or Michigan winning out.

Reactions: 007
It it is purely based upon academics, then it would be tough to not see either UVa or Michigan winning out.
For sure. Playing style and the chance to make a run in the tournament are probable factors too.
I read that Tape is looking to play on a team with the talent to contend. Tape is not coming here, IMO, without knowing who else will be here and how Hughes will be replaced.

If Towns wants to win at SU, it’s to his advantage to announce to SU now. It will increase our chances with Tape. I’m sure they both know where each is going. Add these two to our current roster, SU could be a solid squad next year.

Or Syracuse.

I would guess a kid who grew up in Columbus is going to have a hard time putting on a Michigan uniform.

Virginia, like us, has playing time available (both starting forwards graduated). But for a great offensive player, does he want to play in the UVa offensive system? It is not an ideal way to showcase your skills on offense.

To me, our best pro is how our offense showcased Elijah’s talents and allowed him to show everyone what he could do. We have all the pieces in place to showcase a talented small forward. If Seth wants to be the featured guy in a sophisticated offense, what place is better than Syracuse?

Last edited:
Lol your such a clown. “Not aggressively get anyone”. Not only are you a moron but your also wrong. Do us all a favor and stop posting

Ah, c'mon - we all know the secret to getting somebody you want it to BE AGGRESSIVE about it!
Always works like a charm.
Just like with dating. :rolleyes:

I am AGGRESSIVELY pursuing Kate Upton - it's gonna happen!!! :p

Restraining order be damned!! ;)

Ah, c'mon - we all know the secret to getting somebody you want it to BE AGGRESSIVE about it!
Always works like a charm.
Just like with dating. :rolleyes:

I am AGGRESSIVELY pursuing Kate Upton - it's gonna happen!!! :p

Restraining order be damned!! ;)
Worked for Spike Albrecht.

Or Syracuse.

I would guess a kid who grew up in Columbus is going to have a hard time putting on a Michigan uniform.

Virginia, like us, has playing time available (both starting forwards graduated). But for a great offensive player, does he want to play in the UVa offensive system? It is not an ideal way to showcase your skills on offense.

To me, our best pro is how our offense showcased Elijah’s talents and allowed him to show everyone what he could do. We have all the pieces in place to showcase a talented small forward. If Seth wants to be the featured guy in a sophisticated offense, what place is better than Syracuse?
I’d assume they only have one forward spot available with Houser.

Or Syracuse.

I appreciate your posts, but I have to question a few things.

Syracuse is not on par with Michigan or Virginia in terms of academics. I am a proud SU grad, but that's a fact right now.

Syracuse is also not on par with either school in terms of basketball program right now. Virginia won a national title last year, Michigan won 30 games in '17-18, '18-19.

Finally, sophisticated offense? I do not believe that is true but smart men can differ.

I’m a Bobby Braswell fan but I’d like a season of him getting 10-15 minutes before he’s the starting 3. I think he has a ton of potential and could be a very good 5th year senior when we’re loading up for the Dior year. I hope he sticks around.

And how is he supposed to do that when we only substitute due to injury and foul trouble? We had 1 guy average 10-15mpg in the past 2 years.

I appreciate your posts, but I have to question a few things.

Syracuse is not on par with Michigan or Virginia in terms of academics. I am a proud SU grad, but that's a fact right now.

Syracuse is also not on par with either school in terms of basketball program right now. Virginia won a national title last year, Michigan won 30 games in '17-18, '18-19.

Finally, sophisticated offense? I do not believe that is true but smart men can differ.
The question on academics wasn't regarding general standing. It was specific to creative writing. Seth has said academics are a major consideration and he wants to get into a masters level creative writing program. Syracuse has a great reputation in this specific area. For a long time, Iowa and Syracuse were considered to have the two best creative writing programs in the country. This goes back at least to the days when Raymond Carver was a professor here

I agree both Michigan and Virginia have been better than Syracuse in basketball in recent years. I didn't claim otherwise. I made a case for why Seth might choose Syracuse.

If you think Virginia had a better offense for a forward to operate in this season than Syracuse did this past season, I completely disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion. UVa's offense is, IMHO, a poor fit for a really talented offensive player to go to. It is on the other hand a great place for a great defensive player to go.

I don't think Seth would get the freedom to handle the ball, run the offense, take the shots and play the minutes at Virginia that Elijah did at Syracuse. Yes, the offense SU ran this year is sophisticated and gives really talented players a great opportunity to showcase themselves. At least IMHO.

Virginia, like Michigan, also have strong pros to their credit. No one is disputing that. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

The question on academics wasn't regarding general standing. It was specific to creative writing. Seth has said academics are a major consideration and he wants to get into a masters level creative writing program. Syracuse has a great reputation in this specific area. For a long time, Iowa and Syracuse were considered to have the two best creative writing programs in the country. This goes back at least to the days when Raymond Carver was a professor here

I agree both Michigan and Virginia have been better than Syracuse in basketball in recent years. I didn't claim otherwise. I made a case for why Seth might choose Syracuse.

If you think Virginia had a better offense for a forward to operate in this season than Syracuse did this past season, I completely disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion. UVa's offense is, IMHO, a poor fit for a really talented offensive player to go to. It is on the other hand a great place for a great defensive player to go.

I don't think Seth would get the freedom to handle the ball, run the offense, take the shots and play the minutes at Virginia that Elijah did at Syracuse. Yes, the offense SU ran this year is sophisticated and gives really talented players a great opportunity to showcase themselves. At least IMHO.

Virginia, like Michigan, also have strong pros to their credit. No one is disputing that. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
Never thought I'd see a Raymond Carver reference on the bball recruiting board! A short story GOAT.

If Towns is going to Michigan or Ohio State, there will be a smoke signal first. Both programs are currently at the scholarship limit for next season, accounting for incoming high school commits. Someone has to announce for the transfer portal or the NBA draft. Towns is deciding this week, so no news from those places is good news for SU.

If we're looking for smoke signals, the Orange were over the scholarship limit. Suddenly, three players filed for their intended transfers. That seems pretty coordinated -- almost like something which would happen if the program was trying to make room for a couple transfers who were poised to commit. We know at least Towns is ready. We know Tape and he have been in contact at some point. Coincidence?
By now, I woulda thought a "paysider" or two woulda heard something and shared it here. The fact that it's so quiet makes me worried it's Maryland or Virginia.

If Towns is going to Michigan or Ohio State, there will be a smoke signal first. Both programs are currently at the scholarship limit for next season, accounting for incoming high school commits. Someone has to announce for the transfer portal or the NBA draft. Towns is deciding this week, so no news from those places is good news for SU.

If we're looking for smoke signals, the Orange were over the scholarship limit. Suddenly, three players filed for their intended transfers. That seems pretty coordinated -- almost like something which would happen if the program was trying to make room for a couple transfers who were poised to commit. We know at least Towns is ready. We know Tape and he have been in contact at some point. Coincidence?
By now, I woulda thought a "paysider" or two woulda heard something and shared it here. The fact that it's so quiet makes me worried it's Maryland or Virginia.
Towns is deciding this week?

very good chance the ivy changes the 5th yr policy with all thats has gone on and in which case these guys dont transfer at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom