Class of 2020 - Seth Towns | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Seth Towns

Gotta think if Goodine loses out to Richmond next year, he could leave.

minimal PT next year
As a JR, he’d have JR Girard, SO Richmond (who he already lost out to) and SR Buddy
Then his SR year in comes Dior to pair with SR Girard and Kadary is a JR

hope I’m wrong but if Goodine can’t beat out Kadary next year, hard to see him doing much here unless Buddy/Kadary play the 3

Buddy and Kadary aren’t moving to the 3. I agree with what you are saying about Goodine. This upcoming offseason willbe HUGE for him. Needs to add muscle, work on his handle and needs to gain some confidence going into next season.

Buddy and Kadary aren’t moving to the 3. I agree with what you are saying about Goodine. This upcoming offseason willbe HUGE for him. Needs to add muscle, work on his handle and needs to gain some confidence going into next season.
I like Goodine a Lot, really hope he works out. But you gotta think Buddy and Joe are locked in for at least 34+mpg each from the guard spots next year. That leaves 12 minutes up for grabs between Goodine and Kadary

I like Goodine a Lot, really hope he works out. But you gotta think Buddy and Joe are locked in for at least 34+mpg each from the guard spots next year. That leaves 12 minutes up for grabs between Goodine and Kadary

I like the idea of Goodine, and do like his defensive aptitude. But I don't see him as an impact player.

Mini-Triche is the closest comp I can think of but Triche was a bull and could do a number of things at an above average level. I just see Goodine as average in a lot of things, with hopefully the ability to grow.

Top end of his potential is serviceable contributor and solid college player, at least from what I see. Nothing wrong with it, but he has some work to do to get to that level.

I like the idea of Goodine, and do like his defensive aptitude. But I don't see him as an impact player.

Mini-Triche is the closest comp I can think of but Triche was a bull and could do a number of things at an above average level. I just see Goodine as average in a lot of things, with hopefully the ability to grow.

Top end of his potential is serviceable contributor and solid college player, at least from what I see. Nothing wrong with it, but he has some work to do to get to that level.
I think this is selling the kid short, as he hasn’t really had a legit chance to show what he can do. I’ve seen flashes, but JB’s infamous short bench kinda puts restrictions on any in-season development.
I think Goodine can be a player. Will he get the chance to do that here? Maybe not. He’ll probably end up like BJ Johnson, lighting it up for another program while we wonder how he would’ve fit into whatever team we have at that time. Sad.

Last edited:
I think this is selling the kid short, as he hasn’t really has a legit chance to show what he can do. I’ve seen flashes, but JB’s infamous short bench kinda puts restrictions on any in-season development.
I think Goodine can be a player. Will he get the chance to do that here? Maybe not. He’ll probably end up like BJ Johnson, lighting it up for another program while we wonder how he would fit into whatever team we have at that time. Sad.
Seems more like a confidence thing as well, I'm still in the goodine camp until proven otherwise. Kid was electric in HS IMO.

I think this is selling the kid short, as he hasn’t really has a legit chance to show what he can do. I’ve seen flashes, but JB’s infamous short bench kinda puts restrictions on any in-season development.
I think Goodine can be a player. Will he get the chance to do that here? Maybe not. He’ll probably end up like BJ Johnson, lighting it up for another program while we wonder how he would fit into whatever team we have at that time. Sad.
I think this is unfair on a couple of counts. The first is BJ. I pleaded that he should red shirt his frosh year. His dad didn't want him to. That wasn't on Syracuse. The second is that Goodine was playing early in the season and he was not good. If he ends up playing somewhere else and doing well, it won't be sad for us. We have guys that are better than him in front of him.

I think this is unfair on a couple of counts. The first is BJ. I pleaded that he should red shirt his frosh year. His dad didn't want him to. That wasn't on Syracuse. The second is that Goodine was playing early in the season and he was not good. If he ends up playing somewhere else and doing well, it won't be sad for us. We have guys that are better than him in front of him.

for as little as he played, Goodine didn’t do bad. Going back to Italy, he had 11 pts, 4 rebs, 3 stls and 3 asts the first game. Then he had 9, 5 and 5 in another. Then he had 10 and 3. Then when we got to the regular season his mins fell out from under him. He still had a few games of decent play but it gets tougher when you have inconsistent mins. He still remains our best defensive guard by a mile, our most athletic guard, our best guard at getting to the rim and our best rebounding guard.

for as little as he played, Goodine didn’t do bad. Going back to Italy, he had 11 pts, 4 rebs, 3 stls and 3 asts the first game. Then he had 9, 5 and 5 in another. Then he had 10 and 3. Then when we got to the regular season his mins fell out from under him. He still had a few games of decent play but it gets tougher when you have inconsistent mins. He still remains our best defensive guard by a mile, our most athletic guard, our best guard at getting to the rim and our best rebounding guard.
I don't want to hear about Italy. He was awful in the early part of the year when we were playing real games. That is why his minutes fell through the floor. He didn't deserve to play any more than he has. he has been a bit better of late. and I have seen little to praise in his getting to the basket. You still have to actually make the lay up when you get there for it to be a good thing. I have nothing against the kid and hope he becomes a very good player for us. I think his road ahead will be tough however. Now, we should really get back to Seth Towns

I would love towns if Hughes goes pro!!! Think it will happen just thrown in a big guy and we’re good to go!!!

This is all spot on. Dasher is out to lunch in his Goodine analysis.

I think this is selling the kid short, as he hasn’t really had a legit chance to show what he can do. I’ve seen flashes, but JB’s infamous short bench kinda puts restrictions on any in-season development.
I think Goodine can be a player. Will he get the chance to do that here? Maybe not. He’ll probably end up like BJ Johnson, lighting it up for another program while we wonder how he would’ve fit into whatever team we have at that time. Sad.

Tonight was evidence.

Here is a recent article on Towns from the Washington Post...
[/URL]

Towns is such a unique kid. Definitely a player we'd want and take. I hope he can stay healthy for his one year left, wherever he chooses. Fingers crossed it's SU. Seth won't be ready to play until June. We'll have an Elijah decision by then.

Here is a nugget from this piece on his next school...
"Unlike most graduate transfers, Towns isn’t just looking for a basketball team to play in next year. He’d like to find a school with a creative-writing program in which he can work toward a master's degree."
Fits the SU bill, no?

Here is a recent article on Towns from the Washington Post...
[/URL]

Towns is such a unique kid. Definitely a player we'd want and take. I hope he can stay healthy for his one year left, wherever he chooses. Fingers crossed it's SU. Seth won't be ready to play until June. We'll have an Elijah decision by then.

Here is a nugget from this piece on his next school...
"Unlike most graduate transfers, Towns isn’t just looking for a basketball team to play in next year. He’d like to find a school with a creative-writing program in which he can work toward a master's degree."
Fits the SU bill, no?
Last I knew, Syracuse and Iowa had the best programs in the country in this area.

He looks like a terrific shooter and create space to get his shot. I didn’t see much film of breaking guys down off the dribble. He will be even better is there is a post presence. He could help, but I want Hughes back.

He looks like a terrific shooter and create space to get his shot. I didn’t see much film of breaking guys down off the dribble. He will be even better is there is a post presence. He could help, but I want Hughes back.
Hughes isn’t coming back

This is all spot on. Dasher is out to lunch in his Goodine analysis.

Meh last night was the best he played since Italy which was terrible competition.. I tend to agree with dasher. He is 13-43 for the season and 3-22 from 3. Most people had him elevated over Girard before the season. There's some that want to continue that narrative. He's not a PG, but he can be good for us.

Meh last night was the best he played since Italy which was terrible competition.. I tend to agree with dasher. He is 13-43 for the season and 3-22 from 3. Most people had him elevated over Girard before the season. There's some that want to continue that narrative. He's not a PG, but he can be good for us.
But 2 of those threes have come lately. He looked so comfortable last night. He could become a complete player on both ends of the floor. We haven't had many guards lately we could say that about.

But 2 of those threes have come lately. He looked so comfortable last night. He could become a complete player on both ends of the floor. We haven't had many guards lately we could say that about.

I'm not arguing he wasn't good last night, but that was the best he's looked since the exhibition games. I don't really think that's controversial. SWC tracks this stuff and it says it all...

He has two years left and I would imagine he would be around for both of them regardless of where he goes, which would be great for us
Doubt he'd stick for 2 years (if that's even correct).

The bigger question is -- what makes dasher so confident that we're the leader for this guy?

On a different note -- the highlight clip in this thread shows a pure stroke but not much of a dribble-drive game. Looks like a clone of Andrew White III, which in itself is a pretty good deal, but underscores just how well-rounded Hughes' game has become.

Last edited:
Doubt he'd stick for 2 years (if that's even correct).

The bigger question is -- what makes dasher so confident that we're the leader for this guy?

On a different note -- the highlight clip in this thread shows a pure stroke but not much of a dribble-drive game. Looks like a clone of Andrew White III, which in itself is a pretty good deal, but underscores just how well-rounded Hughes' game has become.
I'm not sure that I said we were the leader (I think we are). We are in good shape with this kid. For once, timing is on our side. This kid is concentrating totally on getting his degree. That gives the whole Hughes thing to play out. We wanted him to come up this weekend but he is hitting the books. Leader doesn't guarantee us anything. As all of us know. But he knows of our interest. He is interested in us. And it is a perfect fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom