Class of 2020 - Seth Towns | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Seth Towns

I'm not arguing he wasn't good last night, but that was the best he's looked since the exhibition games. I don't really think that's controversial. SWC tracks this stuff and it says it all...
Re Goodine, he’s gotten minutes in a couple other games where he looked more comfortable, made a 3, attacked the basket off the bounce and made a couple of sweet moves under the hoop to get layups, got some key rebounds, and played good D. For the life of me, I can’t remember which games.

But he knows of our interest. He is interested in us. And it is a perfect fit.
giphy.gif

But 2 of those threes have come lately. He looked so comfortable last night. He could become a complete player on both ends of the floor. We haven't had many guards lately we could say that about.

Him looking good last night doesn’t mean he should’ve been playing more months ago.

Maybe he actually developed and got better in practice and is now more comfortable(and got the mask off) and is starting to put it all together?

Him looking good last night doesn’t mean he should’ve been playing more months ago.

Maybe he actually developed and got better in practice and is now more comfortable(and got the mask off) and is starting to put it all together?
yup. lmfao @ people who think the 5 spot minutes they see each week tells them more than 20 practice hours the coaches watch

I like the idea of Goodine, and do like his defensive aptitude. But I don't see him as an impact player.

Mini-Triche is the closest comp I can think of but Triche was a bull and could do a number of things at an above average level. I just see Goodine as average in a lot of things, with hopefully the ability to grow.

Top end of his potential is serviceable contributor and solid college player, at least from what I see. Nothing wrong with it, but he has some work to do to get to that level.

Having finally seen him for a decent stretch of time, I was reminded of a poor man's Dennis Johnson.

I don't get it. He has more offensive tools than a lot of guys who are projected.
Teams would rather take a chance on uber athletic guys that may develop tools than they would on someone that demonstrates tools but is not spectacular and likely viewed as close to his max potential.

Draft the high potential guys to see if they can develop into a star. Sign guys like Hughes to dirt cheap FA contracts, if you think they can help.

Gonna be tough to beat out those 5, but he would have the green light here to do as he pleases on offense. Just has to look at what Eli did this year to see what his role could be.

This has probably already been mentioned here, but Bryce Aiken has also entered the transfer portal

You people honestly think we're going to get a grad transfer that those teams want? Hope I'm wrong but I don't buy it.

Before anyone says Andrew White -- he had played at Kansas & Nebraska already. And was looking at VCU, Miami & Michigan State. I also question how much Michigan State wanted him.

Not nearly the level as Michigan, Virginia, Kansas, Maryland.

You people honestly think we're going to get a grad transfer that those teams want? Hope I'm wrong but I don't buy it.

Before anyone says Andrew White -- he had played at Kansas & Nebraska already. And was looking at VCU, Miami & Michigan State. I also question how much Michigan State wanted him.

Please go away.

We got Chukwu over Kansas and Michigan State.

We got Chukwu over Kansas and Michigan State.

That was a regular transfer. This is a graduate transfer. As strange as it sounds, there's a difference.

Why cant we recruit with those teams? We are SU. We are an elite program. We need to recruit like one. JB needs to work his arse off if he wants to avoid another disaster of a season.

We are still Syracuse and our name still carries weight. I’m tired of the mediocre double digit loss seasons too but we still can and will turn it around. Our recruiting is about to take off again with our best recruit since Melo committed and ready to bring others with him. Only thing more tiring than the double digit loss seasons is the defeatist attitude by some of our fans.

These guys aren't just going to choose a school by name. I don't know the rosters of any of them well enough to know how we compare, but at or near the top of any grad transfer's list is going to be the opportunity to play big minutes. If those teams offer the same opportunity along with more potential for success, you're probably right. If we offer a significantly better opportunity, that may put us in the driver's seat. Towns would have a great chance to step directly into Hughes spot. He may also see that Hughes is getting recognition for his play this year, despite our mediocre success. We can point to both grad transfers and traditional transfers that have all been able to play big minutes here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom