Class of 2020 - Seth Towns | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Seth Towns

3 meth balls for the Buckeyes. And he is deciding this week. Bummer. On to the next one.

I've been wondering about that. I thought we were in a no 'crootin zone.
brycen is pals with pc's david duke. so informally letting duke know he was unhappy & duke passing it on the cooley lets everyone be ready to hit the ground running without technically violating any tampering rules

This guy is our only shot at having a successful season next year, IMO. Gotta pull it out somehow.

I appreciate your posts, but I have to question a few things.

Syracuse is not on par with Michigan or Virginia in terms of academics. I am a proud SU grad, but that's a fact right now.

Syracuse is also not on par with either school in terms of basketball program right now. Virginia won a national title last year, Michigan won 30 games in '17-18, '18-19.

Finally, sophisticated offense? I do not believe that is true but smart men can differ.
If creative writing is his want - SU stacks up well with both those schools IMHO.

If creative writing is his want - SU stacks up well with both those schools IMHO.

If that’s true, yes - that’s probably accurate. Was speaking in general but you and sutomcat are right.

OMG...really?
Unless you think Braswell and Guerrier can add 10 PPG to what Hughes did.

Then we gotta replace Guerrier’s bench production with what?

We have 10 scholarship players now.
We need immediate firepower and grad transfers are it.

Not going to happen. I think people are underestimating how much Guerrier could improve. Bras and Newton could also help the front court along with our two young bigs. I wouldn’t write off next years team.

His shooting and ball handling will need to improve greatly if we hope to be a tourney team next year. He’s going to need to average about 15 ppg. Since he’s not a good shooter, opponents are going collapse on our guards and force them to score off the dribble. How well do you think that will go? If that’s the scenario, expect to see more Richmond than you might expect. We also might see more of Newton, who has a good handle, can shoot well and get to the basket. His issue is he’s not a rebounder in any sense.

It is what it is the staff can own this mess. I suggest moving Ajak to powerforward with braswell

We can collectively replaces Hughes PPG from a pure numbers stand point. But we can’t replace his impact - drawing the defenses attention, creating his own shot, creating for others, etc

We can collectively replaces Hughes PPG from a pure numbers stand point. But we can’t replace his impact - drawing the defenses attention, creating his own shot, creating for others, etc
ACC athletes are going to shut down our shooting options.
If the guards are the number one option they will get the opponent’s attention.

We need Towns to just give us a productive SF. I like Guerrier and Braswell as well. Players don’t become finished products in one year or two unless they are grad transfers. Which is why expecting Freshman to be good right away is dumb unless they are top 25 recruits. Which we haven’t been getting.

Our defense is going struggle with our backcourt as well.

To the staffs defense I will say we don’t really know what a healthy braswell can bring or ajak

Roster is balancing out better for this next year imo. Got rid of the logjam at guard, woody and kadary coming in both with prototypical SU measureables. Emergence of sid towards the end of the year and if jesse improves then anything JBA brings to the table is extra...and we don't know how JBA looks for the most part. I personally think we are just a stud away from being very very good. Land a good '21 '22 big and let's rock!

So you are completely dismissing Newton? No way this kid comes in as a freshman and plugs in quickly? I understand it’s off-season now and you are looking at everything at a standstill as if everybody Will be the same player that they were as the last time you saw them. It’s never worked that way and never will. Guys grow...some don’t... freshman come in and are ready...some aren’t. It will look much different than what your mind is visualizing right now. It always has.

So you are completely dismissing Newton? No way this kid comes in as a freshman and plugs in quickly? I understand it’s off-season now and you are looking at everything at a standstill as if everybody Will be the same player that they were as the last time you saw them. It’s never worked that way and never will. Guys grow...some don’t... freshman come in and are ready...some aren’t. It will look much different than what your mind is visualizing right now. It always has.

I am done expecting anything from our Freshman.
I hope Newton is good enough to play right away. As we need as many options as we can get.
I am just not expecting it.
If he gives us a Dolezaj or Guerrier Freshman year I will be happy.

The plus side of JB's tendency to have a short rotation is that Towns has to believe he gets more PT/more opportunity at SU than he would at Duke (who has both a 5-star SF and a 5-star PF coming to campus next year).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom