Seven of SU's losses were to four of the top eight teams in the country... | Syracusefan.com

Seven of SU's losses were to four of the top eight teams in the country...

This means nothing because SU still sucked out loud for the majority of the season. Just thought it was interesting.
SU could have got in if we had these four wins.

UNC. We had this in the bag until the last two minutes.

Avoid the bad losses against Pittsburgh, Georgetown and Colgate. We should have been the last one in with 20-13 record. To be certain we could use a win over VCU on the first game of Atlantis invitational, then 21-12 record should have no doubt to push us in.

Avoid the bad losses against Pittsburgh, Georgetown and Colgate. We should have been the last one in with 20-13 record. To be certain we could use a win over VCU on the first game of Atlantis invitational, then 21-12 record should have no doubt to push us in.

If we could inbound the ball, we would have four more wins as well...

All that and...if we split with Duke in the regular season, and then won the ACCT, would be looking at a 4 seed and probable FF4.

All that and...if we split with Duke in the regular season, and then won the ACCT, would be looking at a 4 seed and probable FF4.

Yup. This team was one ACC Tournament Championship from another FF gauging by how things are shaking out in the tourney so far. The margin was razor thin this year :(

I don’t think that would have gotten us in. Wake was left out with a better resume than that. We needed to have 22 or 23 wins to get in. We were a long way off.

I don’t think that would have gotten us in. Wake was left out with a better resume than that. We needed to have 22 or 23 wins to get in. We were a long way off.
Wake played a weak schedule while ours is one of the strongest. Cupcake counts is like 4 to 10.

The thing that struck me was that only Duke, from the ACC, was ranked in the top 25 going into the tournament. Now that we are at the final 8, the ACC has 3 teams still playing, with only Duke ranked? I know that it's March Madness, but it still raises questions.

If we could inbound the ball, we would have four more wins as well...

JAB coming back next year to prove he can correct this... #1 on the list.

I'm not holding my breath.

I mean we literally gave 2 W's to Miami alone. The second loss was one of the worst choke jobs I've ever seen from a Syracuse team. Im still in awe of that accomplishment to this day.

I never thought we had much of a shot in the second game. I'd seen the first one so it was always just a matter of time.

I never thought I'd type this but our offense looks like a symphony compared to teams that have done well in this tournament. Rules, schemes, talent...this sport needs to change.
Wayyyyy too much iso for a symphony. More like a Boeheim Bros Ain't No Mountain High Enough Karaoke rendition with Jesse before the latter falls off the stage.

Wayyyyy too much iso for a symphony. More like a Boeheim Bros Ain't No Mountain High Enough Karaoke rendition with Jesse before the latter falls off the stage.
Did you even watch the Houston/Nova game?

And that's Jim Boeheim's worst-ever team in 46 years.

It's not the same as beating those teams but I'm still rooting for an all "we shoulda beat 'em' Final Four. Go UNC and the U!
It stinks that if Duke loses (and I hope they do) that it would be to UNC. Is there any way to get them both to lose?

Only five P5 teams did that this year.
I remember when we had a strong argument for being a top 5 program.

Now I’ve got to read threads about games we almost won, and how teams we almost beat are playing to go to the final four, and how Colgate really is actually good, and how it’s ok that we can’t big boy Notre Dame and DePaul on the recruiting trails, etc.

I will accept none of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom