Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
He couldn’t have picked Duke at the time he committed even if he wanted. If you don’t think our recruiting has fallen off I don’t know what to tell you.

That said, if our highest recent recruit plays up to his billing, we could have a really good team.

He couldn’t have picked Duke at the time he committed even if he wanted. If you don’t think our recruiting has fallen off I don’t know what to tell you.

You are right about girard but you are also being a bit melodramatic. We had a great class last year. Lets see what this year brings.

They told him he had to commit, he declined, they moved on.

Put in my crystal ball for uconn. No need for further speculation guys. Ive spoken.

We’ll always be able to recruit reasonably well. We have a great tradition, play in a P5 conference and have the Dome as a home. This will hold true even after our Hall of Fane coach has stepped down. The question is can we still attract enough high end talent to make noise nationally. We’ve seen a falloff. Whether it’s because Hop has left or JB is winding down, that’s uncertain. But the next coach is going to need to be dynamic and a good recruiter.

I just watched isaiah jackson’s tape. If we land that one, all is forgiven andre. That dude is a beast and ready day 1.

its so strange to me that these recruiting gurus all find out kids decisions most of the time before anything is ever officially announced. Why cant kids ever just decide without any of these dudes finding this stuff out? Like why even have announcements and all the hoopla when most already know where your going before u formally announce?

its so strange to me that these recruiting gurus all find out kids decisions most of the time before anything is ever officially announced. Why cant kids ever just decide without any of these dudes finding this stuff out? Like why even have announcements and all the hoopla when most already know where your going before u formally announce?

It is kind of weird. I wonder if its the school or the player most of the time.

You are right about girard but you are also being a bit melodramatic. We had a great class last year. Lets see what this year brings.
agreed, it is a great class. isaiah stewart would have been a great big cherry on top, for sure. but that class can stand on its own.

Playing in the NIT must have been what he was looking for, and UCONN is trending up. So it's a possibility they get an invite.

Or he knows there are plenty of former Calhoun guys around enough to steal an old championship ring for him..

Well, they're certainly counting their chickens over there on the BY.

How sweet would it be if...
I think theres definitely a possibility he chooses us still...im sure jb/gmac are doing everything possible to persuade him and I'm sure him and his family are talking over all options. With that said, theres obviously a reason for all of the uconn picks and chatter. If he picks us now it's because we closed big time and had a hell of a sales pitch to get him to change his mind.

I think it’s gonna take IJ having an amazing visit and trying to sway AJ back.

I think theres definitely a possibility he chooses us still...im sure jb/gmac are doing everything possible to persuade him and I'm sure him and his family are talking over all options. With that said, theres obviously a reason for all of the uconn picks and chatter. If he picks us now it's because we closed big time and had a hell of a sales pitch to get him to change his mind.
It was reported AJ was a good student and was considering Stanford at one point. Not sure what he wants to major in but possibly that comes into play. Dre most likely won't be a one and done so academics could be somewhat important.

my only hope is:

Andre went on the UConn official alone or with his mom and liked Hurleys pitch so he gave a soft verbal.

andre comes home aand reflects. He talks with family, friends and coaches (Who evidently is a heavy Syracuse circle) and Starts to reconsider

the fact he’s going to talk with everyone and not announce until late next week must mean he’s not 100%

I wouldn't classify it as great. Guerrier can be a stud, but the rest are just nice players/projects that would have been the last player in the class type of guy in the past.

Actually #32 in the country with a 5 man class is terrible for our past standards.

Playing in the NIT must have been what he was looking for, and UCONN is trending up. So it's a possibility they get an invite.

It's not a stretch that we could end up there too...we aren't even in the 1st 4 our for Lunardi in the preseason bracketology. Not that it means anything at all but that's the outside perspective of where we currently are.

I wouldn't classify it as great. Guerrier can be a stud, but the rest are just nice players/projects that would have been the last player in the class type of guy in the past.

Actually #32 in the country with a 5 man class is terrible for our past standards.

We have dropped our standards and expectations to a sad level. The positive people are having to really reach to pump out those overly positive posts to get their free likes.

Not any different than what Virginia recruits every year.
Not arguing but wasnt Kyle guy a burger boy? We havent had one of them in a little while now. I'd be ecstatic if we had a burger boy. (Thanks alot Bazley)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom