Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least be realistic. We’ve never won that way and we never will. There’s plenty of examples of schools winning with skilled multi year players.

No doubt. But it’s a lot harder to win when your best players leave after a few years. It’s even more frustrating when those players never make the grade in the NBA. But, hey, it is what it is.

And yet... What did IJ's dad say?

Let’s see - I’m going to listen to a dad of one recruit, or I’m going to watch a full 5 seasons and know our offensive system is broken and the way we play is like watching paint dry.

Syracuse basketball used to be exciting to watch and fun. Now it’s like pulling teeth. It’s really tough to watch.

And I love the program, watch every game and root for them like crazy. But the truth sometimes isn’t always what we’d want it to be. The program is stale and on the decline.

Also, when has a recruit’s parent ever had a negative thing to say after an official visit? Please direct me to that person.

Look losing Dre hurts but the bigger concern is that this is becoming a trend year after year of SU missing out on its top targets. From Quade to Stewart to Dre to Bryant. Much like the lacrosse program the team is still above average and a threat to beat anyone but recruiting has clearly taken a hit and sanctions didn't lose those guys. We desperately need to land the other Jackson and set us up for a solid 2020 class and then move onto 2021

We’re doing the thing where we downplay guys who want to go elsewhere. Fun!

Save maybe Quincy G he’d be the most athletic guy on this team. He can rebound and I think his handling is underrated.
There was a time when people on the board thought Quincy was more of a below the rim guy...

Kind of glad its over tomorrow. Will be interesting to hear from Dre why he choose The Cons. Seems like a late change of heart, so maybe well get some good insight. Just hope he doesnt pull any of the hat BS. Celebrate your choice but no need to put our program on display, when it aint it.

smh -- why expend so much energy on this? It's an L anyway you want to spin it. It happens.
Adonyl Foyle picked Colgate over SU for some ridiculous reason back in the day. This stuff happens. It's fine; move on and hope we land IJ. Jeez.

hahahahaha
2019-10-01_21-27-50.jpg

We desperately need to land the other Jackson and set us up for a solid 2020 class and then move onto 2021
That’s what we said about 2018... and 2019... we just keep moving the target ahead one year. We’ll get ‘er done next year.

Exactly, he was recruited for the zone. He was never going to be a focus on offense. Disappointing, yes. But by no means a gigantic loss. If they land the good Jackson, this won't even be a big deal.
If we lose the other Jackson, too, are you going to use the same logic? Because he was also recruited for the zone.

This is a big loss - no matter what the other Jackson decides. The amount of resources wasted alone.

This would be a good story for Waters to tell. JB tracked the kid everywhere he went all summer. GMAC must have driven to Albany 20 times in the last year. It certainly makes it tougher when you go all in. That said, the poster who noted above that this never felt right is spot on. If we invest that kind of time and the kid spends multiple days and nights on campus and still doesn't commit publicly. We are being Quade'd. These silent commits mean nothing. It feels like this was the case here. Too bad!

This would be a good story for Waters to tell. JB tracked the kid everywhere he went all summer. GMAC must have driven to Albany 20 times in the last year. It certainly makes it tougher when you go all in. That said, the poster who noted above that this never felt right is spot on. If we invest that kind of time and the kid spends multiple days and nights on campus and still doesn't commit publicly. We are being Quade'd. These silent commits mean nothing. It feels like this was the case here. Too bad!

Agreed. Feels like we are on the wrong side of this more often than the right side lately...

JB made very clear in his book why this happens. These guys should read more...

My apologies if this is incorrect, but I think you were one here repeatedly implying along the lines of how AJ coming to 'Cuse was a done deal, and for all intents and purposes anything else spewed out there was just a facade. With that, apparently JB's book wasn't as clear for you as you claim.

It's an L anyway you want to spin it. It happens.
Adonyl Foyle picked Colgate over SU for some ridiculous reason back in the day.
I believe Foyle was an outlier. He was an exceptional student. His parents or guardians worked at Colgate which has a very good academic reputation. And he really loved that toothpaste.

I believe Foyle was an outlier. He was an exceptional student. His parents or guardians worked at Colgate which has a very good academic reputation. And he really loved that toothpaste.
His guardians were professors at Colgate.

His guardians were professors at Colgate.
I'm guessing it had more to do with his parents applying subtle influence with the academia angle than anything else.

This is where I am and I still can’t wrap my head around how people are now poo pooing it like he isn’t a big loss.

Playing time is not something he should worry about if he can play - especially coming to a program who is possibly losing Hughes and/or Guerrier which would free as many minutes up for him as he wants.

People were saying he was a done deal. Even when the tea leaves were reading differently. I was assured of this. And now “he can’t shoot”, “things change quickly”, etc., etc. The UConn offer didn’t just suddenly fall from the sky. It also isn’t a Kentucky or Duke offer, either, so it’s all sour grapes in my view.

This is a big loss - no matter what the other Jackson decides. The amount of resources wasted alone.

Even when he appeared headed here, I always wondered about his lack of outside shooting. He certainly is a dunking machine, and you do need a slasher to take advantage of the driving lanes created by outside shooters. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom