Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think I know about AJ.
Local
Can jump. Really jump. No! I mean really jump!
Dunks are worth 2, long shots worth 3.
Unable to shoot well.
Ball handling average at best.

If he wasn't local and it wasn't UConn, would we care.
Exactly, he was recruited for the zone. He was never going to be a focus on offense. Disappointing, yes. But by no means a gigantic loss. If they land the good Jackson, this won't even be a big deal.

I wasn't trying to down play, just maybe the sky is not falling. (See Greene, Quade)

We’re doing the thing where we downplay guys who want to go elsewhere. Fun!

Save maybe Quincy G he’d be the most athletic guy on this team. He can rebound and I think his handling is underrated.
Definitely could have used his intangibles with the amount of shooters we have on the perimeter. But Isaiah would fill that in the lane scoring that we will need. Both would have been fun.

So this is a done deal? Off to UConn he goes? There's no word of gmac or jb having visited him in the last few days or anything? No last minute sales pitch?
I have not heard anything of that kind and was told Saturday night again “no chance. He’s off to UConn”

We’re doing the thing where we downplay guys who want to go elsewhere. Fun!

Save maybe Quincy G he’d be the most athletic guy on this team. He can rebound and I think his handling is underrated.

Save nothing. Quincy doesn't hold a candle to him athletically.

I think Quincy is probably a much better player though (at least right now; Andre certainly has impressive physical tools to work with).

I think Quincy is probably a much better player though (at least right now; Andre certainly has impressive physical tools to work with).

Oh sht.

Yeah it sucks to lose a kid like that. Who’s local.

A lot.

braswell is probably the closest athletically. but with a more well rounded game, especially the deep touch.

for me, his presence on the roster takes a little bit of the sting out of aj's choice

braswell is probably the closest athletically. but with a more well rounded game, especially the deep touch.

for me, his presence on the roster takes a little bit of the sting out of aj's choice
I think a lot of us are sleeping on big bad Bobby braswell and his potential as a upperclassman. We are so use to kids leaving early that we forgot how a roster should be constructed. Kid could play a huge role for us next year and probably will.

After spending 2 years recruiting him and making him a priority...yes...we would care

This is where I am and I still can’t wrap my head around how people are now poo pooing it like he isn’t a big loss.

Playing time is not something he should worry about if he can play - especially coming to a program who is possibly losing Hughes and/or Guerrier which would free as many minutes up for him as he wants.

People were saying he was a done deal. Even when the tea leaves were reading differently. I was assured of this. And now “he can’t shoot”, “things change quickly”, etc., etc. The UConn offer didn’t just suddenly fall from the sky. It also isn’t a Kentucky or Duke offer, either, so it’s all sour grapes in my view.

This is a big loss - no matter what the other Jackson decides. The amount of resources wasted alone.

This is where I am and I still can’t wrap my head around how people are now poo pooing it like he isn’t a big loss.

Playing time is not something he should worry about if he can play - especially coming to a program who is possibly losing Hughes and/or Guerrier which would free as many minutes up for him as he wants.

People were saying he was a done deal. Even when the tea leaves were reading differently. I was assured of this. And now “he can’t shoot”, “things change quickly”, etc., etc. The UConn offer didn’t just suddenly fall from the sky. It also isn’t a Kentucky or Duke offer, either, so it’s all sour grapes in my view.

This is a big loss - no matter what the other Jackson decides. The amount of resources wasted alone.

I share a similar sentiment. SU was all in/balls to the wall after him for a long time, an upstate guy, etc. The perception this portrays is unfavorable in my opinion. Of course it's not the end of the world, but this is a punch to the gut.

I think it’s a big loss based on how involved jb was. He really wanted the kid. Every time there was a tweet or an article it seemed to include jb not just gmac. He doesn’t do that often. When he does, he’s invested in the kid and really wants him.

I think it’s a big loss based on how involved jb was. He really wanted the kid. Every time there was a tweet or an article it seemed to include jb not just gmac. He doesn’t do that often. When he does, he’s invested in the kid and really wants him.

It’s even more depressing when you see North Carolina reel in its third 5 star player in this class.

It’s even more depressing when you see North Carolina reel in its third 5 star player in this class.

And they keep their other 5 stars longer than other programs. Namely SU.

i loved him & had him at the top of my list for this class for 2 years.

but i think he's a 2-3 year player, not a 1&doner. i don't think he would have started as a freshman but he would have been an important rotation player, providing energy off the bench. looks like maybe he saw the same thing and wanted a clearer shot to start right away.

And they keep their other 5 stars longer than other programs. Namely SU.

Our 4 stars usually don’t stay very long. They’re usually looking to leave the moment they step on campus.

Our 4 stars usually don’t stay very long. They’re usually looking to leave the moment they step on campus.

Wonder why...? I have a few guesses. Didn’t used to be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom