Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
This does not make sense about playing time. Turns out Brycen Goodine turns 20 today, doubt that he stays more than 2 years. Carey will probably be gone after next year (2020-2021). Looks like it is possible that Quincy G will probably be a 2 and done (if he is as good as expected). If Andre wants to have instant playing time, then UCONN has the immediate need. He will probably be an one and done (not properly prepared for NBA) if he goes to UCONN.

Strange take. Goodine and Guerrier haven't played a game yet and Carey hasn't played a good one yet. Where are they going? I'd love for you to be right but your post is a stretch.

Strange take. Goodine and Guerrier haven't played a game yet and Carey hasn't played a good one yet. Where are they going? I'd love for you to be right but your post is a stretch.

Additionally, it's somewhat interesting that a recruit being scared off, for a lack of a better word, for playing time on a team that doesn't appear to have a given 1st, 2nd or even 3rd team all ACC type player is perplexing. If Guerrier ends up having a stellar season as some here believe, he may not even be back next year.

This does not make sense about playing time. Turns out Brycen Goodine turns 20 today, doubt that he stays more than 2 years. Carey will probably be gone after next year (2020-2021). Looks like it is possible that Quincy G will probably be a 2 and done (if he is as good as expected). If Andre wants to have instant playing time, then UCONN has the immediate need. He will probably be an one and done (not properly prepared for NBA) if he goes to UCONN.
You contradicted yourself here.

Flat out - Eli has 1 more year, QG has 3 more years, Braswell has 2 more years, Newton will have 4 more years. Even Brycen will have 3 more years.

UConn has Sid Wilson and nothing

He would need a whole lot to happen to get instant time here. He would need QG and Eli to leave. He would need to out perform upperclassmen Braswell. I’m 100% assuming here that Andre won’t even be battling for time with Goodine, Buddy or Carey

At UConn...again, Sid Wilson.

Additionally, it's somewhat interesting that a recruit being scared off, for a lack of a better word, for playing time on a team that doesn't appear to have a given 1st, 2nd or even 3rd team all ACC type player is perplexing. If Guerrier ends up having a stellar season as some here believe, he may not even be back next year.
Scared off isn’t the right word. What if QG stays? What if Eli AND QG stay? What if Braswell has a good year?

Andre would need 3 current SU players to either leave for the draft and/or not show any development what so ever to step on campus to get the kind of PT he’ll probably get on Storrs day 1

Q will be my guess for our next one and done...
So if QG is one and done, and many seem to think Hughes could leave (which surprises me), AND we lose out on Andre, what are we gonna do at small forward next year? If both QG and EH leave, that is exactly why it’s strange Andre didn’t see that playing time would be a available, at least as like a key 6th man. That said, I’m surprised people are thinking both QG and EH will leave after this season.

Mali became a 1st rounder after that crazy tourney run.

Chris McCullough played probably 10 games pre season and was drafted in the 1st round just based on potential.

I am talking about pre-season national consensus 1st round pick. Better yet - 1st round lottery pick. When is the last time we had a national consensus lottery pick on our team?
WHat? How can you exclude them based on some weird random criteria? They were first round picks. Period. As was Lydon.

So if QG is one and done, and many seem to think Hughes could leave (which surprises me), AND we lose out on Andre, what are we gonna do at small forward next year? If both QG and EH leave, that is exactly why it’s strange Andre didn’t see that playing time would be a available, at least as like a key 6th man. That said, I’m surprised people are thinking both QG and EH will leave after this season.

Eli is like 44 now.

OK, I kid, but - he ain’t getting any younger.
IF he’s our Alpha dog this year, and feels like he doesn’t have anything more to prove, he may choose to move on to whatever is next.

See: Battle, Tyus.

So this is a done deal? Off to UConn he goes? There's no word of gmac or jb having visited him in the last few days or anything? No last minute sales pitch?

My logic which may be flawed is this: college players with NBA potential want to make it to the NBA at an early age say 19-22. Goodine is 20 years old, a late start for college. IF he plays well and demonstrates skill and potential, he could and probably should be gone in 2 years. A general statement on a player’s age is 23 is too old for a NBA rookie.
Regarding QG, if he has the skills advertised and does well as a freshman, there is a high degree of probability that he could go pro after his 1st or 2nd season. Maturity and guidance from his support team will be factors on his decision. If his 1st season is similar to OShae’s 1st season, it may be well to leave while the interest is high.
Regarding Hughes, the reason for him to leave is a combo of both above:his age and NBA interest. He is a red-shirt junior. This is his 4th year in college. He should be the Alpha dog this year. If he produces, NBA Teams will be interested.
Regarding the rest, I hope Braswell plays well and shines. Woody Newton is an unknown to me. Hope he does well too. Dont Believe Andre would not sign for fear of competition against Woody.

Tomorrow it will be over and I hope against a lot of adverse opinion, Andre will be Syracuse bound. We need some explosive players like him.

Last edited:
Well one of those isn't too surprising...
The one you are referring too fully acknowledges on the board that he is wrong but won’t change it. He was also ahead of this board on the news that he is going to UConn.

I was wondering the same thing - who is he scared of that he can't beat out or want to compete against? I don't like losing battles to rival schools but this one doesn't have me sweating. No more athletes who can become better shooters - I want shooters.

Goodine and Carey will need to show us a lot if they plan to leave early I don’t see it.

Just unfollowed Jackson on twitter. Actually felt good doing it. Sad I know but just being honest. Anyone else have that type of reaction unfollowing a teenager that didn’t commit to Cuse? Felt almost as good as unfollowing Jordan Tucker.
I mean, whatever floats your boat.

Why are you guys following teenagers on social media to begin with?

Anyway, he's going to pick UConn, then the NWO music hits and he reveals a Syracuse t-shirt.
Exactly...Adults following teenagers on social media (that they dont know personally) is freaking creepy.

Scared off isn’t the right word. What if QG stays? What if Eli AND QG stay? What if Braswell has a good year?

Andre would need 3 current SU players to either leave for the draft and/or not show any development what so ever to step on campus to get the kind of PT he’ll probably get on Storrs day 1

Hence, relative to same, why I wrote "for a lack of a better word."

I'll play along with your "what if" game. What if, AJ, looked at our current roster with no given 1st, 2nd or 3rd team 'All ACC' type players as I alluded to, along with known media pundits predicting SU being a "first four out" type team, etc., and saying, "dang, what the heck am I so worried about regarding my PT, I have a ton of confidence in m abilities."

One thing to keep in mind with UConn headed to the Big East in another year: this now makes them more attractive to Northeast recruits. UConn can now make the pitch that recruits will be playing more games in the Northeast, including the Big East tourney ever year in NYC.

This was always a recruiting tool for SU when it played in the Big East.

One thing to keep in mind with UConn headed to the Big East in another year: this now makes them more attractive to Northeast recruits. UConn can now make the pitch that recruits will be playing more games in the Northeast, including the Big East tourney ever year in NYC.

Means we gotta recruit our other sweet spots like Michigan and MD/DC/Virginia.

Absolutely true. This is not a knock on your post, but I am a bit curious why some in this thread are so nervous UCONN will rise from the grave and pass us? Sure, they could very well be good again. Nova's excellent and the BE is solid. They were great with JC and we still managed to win some games and compete with them. If what Tomcat posted today is right, the ACC Network stands to make us an additional $9 million a year already. That'll be roughly $35million+ a year total from the ACC. The resources we now have far exceed BE teams, and with the dome renovations and ability to play Duke, UNC, Louisville, ND, every year, I am confident that we will continue to be highly relevant nationally.

All that said, I want to wish AJ good luck at UCONN. It stings to lose another big recruit we wanted, but it happens. Hopefully, he is making the right choice for him and his family.

Based upon what are you predicting Carey leaves early (assuming you mean NBA)? Maybe he plays well enough to do so, (and I hope he does), but that would be an incredible leap, and the the only evidence we have is that he was not a good ACC player last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors