Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thingy on your Thompson comparison, Stevie was generously listed at 6'4". He was closer to 6'2". So, Andre appears to be better suited for the forward position (even w/out Derrick Coleman rebounding..lol))).

I agree he's a 3. I just want him to finish at the basket like Stevie not play 2.

Really love this kids game. He needs to paired with an uptempo style. Could be an explosive energy do it all type player.
Jake, you feeling good about him committing to Syracuse?

Dre approves...
Screenshot_20190510-224634_Twitter.jpg

From last night's game...

"While Ivey was shining for Indy Heat, it was Andre Jackson that took over for City Rocks. The highly athletic forward was everywhere, and put together a monster performance.

The 6-foot-6 Jackson showed off his elite athleticism with some impressive above the rim finishes, but he did more than that. Jackson attacked off the bounce, rebounded, and even scored in the mid-range, finishing the game with 27 points.

Jackson still needs to refine his outside jumper, but he was clearly the best player on the floor in the game, and showed that his combination of size and athleticism will play up at the highest level going forward."

Symir tied this game up with a 25 foot step-back J with like 3 seconds on the clock. Then Alabama Fusion hit a game winner at the buzzer.

He has to contest that shot, not just stand there with his hands up. He also needs to take away the kids right hand. He’ll learn.
I’m also assuming the last thing he wanted to do was foul him with no time left on the clock. I thought it was pretty good defense for the situation, make him make a tough shot instead of a free throw.

I’m also assuming the last thing he wanted to do was foul him with no time left on the clock. I thought it was pretty good defense for the situation, make him make a tough shot instead of a free throw.
You can challenge shots without fouling. That was basically an uncontested shot.

He has to contest that shot, not just stand there with his hands up. He also needs to take away the kids right hand. He’ll learn.
This is an odd take given the angle of the video. If he played tighter, he risked fouling or giving up a blow-by. By taking away the right hand you offer up the drive to the left. Do you know if that kid can't dribble to his left? Maybe you were at the game and had a different angle or know the players better.

This is an odd take given the angle of the video. If he played tighter, he risked fouling or giving up a blow-by. By taking away the right hand you offer up the drive to the left. Do you know if that kid can't dribble to his left? Maybe you were at the game and had a different angle or know the players better.
The kids right handed and just staninding there with your hands up isn’t playing defense. You have to contest shots. Stop making excuses for the kid.

If you want to see contested, go look at the shot Issiah Jackson is contesting in his thread. Guarding and contesting is not the same. Ask JB how many guys would play if they are in the area with their hands up, but not contesting the shot.

I'll move on, but it was a discussion about Andre Jackson's defense on the last play, so it's not exactly off topic.
Kinda what I was thinking when I read the exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom