Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe UCONN is firmly in the lead here, they are supposedly looking to hire his high school coach as an assistant. I hate UCONN

I believe UCONN is firmly in the lead here, they are supposedly looking to hire his high school coach as an assistant. I hate UCONN

Lol well if they do that then good luck to them.

If that’s true that’s great. Hurley doing all the things UConn fans bashed other coaches for in the past

Listen, Jackson is good but not THAT good to hire his coach onto your staff. Top 10 prospect? Ok but barely top 50...
How do you feel about our chances?

So which current UCONN assistant gets sacked so this can happen?

Doesn’t need to be an assistant. Would be paid nicely as “special assistant to head coach” or “director of player development”. Similar to Devo’s role when he was at SU. There are easy workarounds.

Just using intuition here, and i hate doubting sources, but even if its true, i still dont find the info overly persuasive. I say this with all due respect to the poster who im not sure has a credible history or not, but the reason i am skeptical is because aj is likely a cuse fan from growing up. Cuse was a top 5 if not the top program in his impressionable years. So, you combine that with his ability to stay close to home, him not leaving for prep school, and hes going to go to uconn just because of his hs coach? What info is out there that aj would even follow the coach? Looking at the guy, i just dont see it.

Also, as some pointed out, and i think aj has a high cieling, but that type of move is typically reserved for a top 15 kid.

Maybe its confirmation bias, but that info just doesnt resonate with me.

Last edited:
We’re still good. Nothing has changed. Has Uconn caught up in the race? Yep. But we are just fine
Did UConn really offer his coach a job?

Doesn’t need to be an assistant. Would be paid nicely as “special assistant to head coach” or “director of player development”. Similar to Devo’s role when he was at SU. There are easy workarounds.
Eh.

Either of those positions might pay less than the man is making now.

Just using intuition here, and i hate doubting sources, but even if its true, i still dont find the info overly persuasive. I say this with all due respect to the poster who im not sure has a credible history or not, but the reason i am skeptical is because aj is likely a cuse fan from growing up. Cuse was a top 5 if not the top program in his impressionable years. So, you combine that with his ability to stay close to home, him not leaving for prep school, and hes going to go to uconn just because of his hs coach? What info is out there that aj would even follow the coach? Looking at the guy, i just dont see it.

Also, as some pointed out, and i think aj has a high cieling, but that type of move is typically reserved for a top 15 kid.

Maybe its confirmation bias, but that info just doesnt resonate with me.
His HS coach has some experience as a college coach (at an extremely low level and a short period of time) but has done a nice job at AA.

with recent NCAA woes wouldn't UCONN have to tread carefully with anything that even looks shady?

I am concerned about Iowa. Sounds like Andre is best suited for a program that runs the fast break and plays a lot in transition. Sounds like Andre is comfortable with the Iowa HC because of his ties to the Albany region.

Carey is another guy who is going to be so much better playing in transition, playing at a fast pace. I hope and think that this is the year JB opens things up and plays fast again. We have a lot of quick, athletic players and even guys like JG III and BB are comfortable and play well in transition. Our bigs aren't going to be great low post players in a half court setting but they can beat their men down the court. It is their best chance to score.

Jackson would be a great piece for a team that likes to push the pace. The Carrier Dome crowds would go crazy watching an athlete like him finishing on the fast break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom