Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is over. He’s headed to UConn. Hate to break that news but I just got word from my source at SU. However, Isiah Jackson Is loving SU and really really good chance he is orange. This isn’t speculation because I’m not that guy to stir the pot just because. I love su everything but unfortunately AJ is UConn bound

Thanks for the info - negative news never gets the “likes” positive posts do haha but equally important to know.

Now, that Isaiah Jackson news jammed in there...can you expand on this more please? (Maybe in his thread?)

Know it’s not a 1 or other deal but...we get Isaiah (but not Andre), I’m allll good. Think we need his position/skill set much more than Andre’s.

EDIT - Sorry, just saw you posted additional info. Thanks!

Thanks for the info - negative news never gets the “likes” positive posts do haha but equally important to know.

Now, that Isaiah Jackson news jammed in there...can you expand on this more please? (Maybe in his thread?)

Know it’s not a 1 or other deal but...we get Isaiah (but not Andre), I’m allll good. Think we need his position/skill set much more than Andre’s.
Isaiah has a final 3 of us, Bama and UK. The long time favorites MSU are out of the picture. Isaiah already visited UK and left without committing and UK recently got a commitment from someone who plays Isaiahs position.

that leaves us and Bama. Many of our insiders thought if we got him on campus he’d be ours. Apparently he’s a Cuse fan and loves Autry.

im not an insider but that’s high level what’s been said

One of the reasons that people with knowledge often don't speak is what you just wrote. Why would someone like Bulldog give info if he is to be treated like this by you? A few years ago, I posted that Hop was named coach in waiting. I even wrote about his contract. I was kicked in the teeth by a number of posters. A few months later, Hop in waiting was made official. I have held back on things I found out since.

It’s definitely a hard line to walk with my personal relationships with the staff and would never want to compromise those ever. So I don’t share who I get the info from but it can be found in the basketball board if you look hard enough ! I just want to provide info where I can and it helps the fan base as I’m a huge fan as well and love this board. As far as AJ is concerned I will get more info ASAP and share it when I hear as to what was final happenings

It’s definitely a hard line to walk with my personal relationships with the staff and would never want to compromise those ever. So I don’t share who I get the info from but it can be found in the basketball board if you look hard enough ! I just want to provide info where I can and it helps the fan base as I’m a huge fan as well and love this board. As far as AJ is concerned I will get more info ASAP and share it when I hear as to what was final happenings
Forget about AJ. The story is IJ. That is the lead.

And I’m pretty sure my relationship with SU staff is something I’m certain of. I get nothing out of lying here. Cmon

I wasn't directly questioning your relationship with the staff, your apparent knowledge or implying that you were lying. Obviously, we do not know each other, nor have we ever responded with one another prior to now. I was just making a non-motivated comment on a general 'ol adage/saying after a poster's remark about his confusion, hence the emoticon. This place can be crazy at times with just how overly sensitive and serious people can take themselves. My apologies if offense was taken...peace.

One of the reasons that people with knowledge often don't speak is what you just wrote. Why would someone like Bulldog give info if he is to be treated like this by you? A few years ago, I posted that Hop was named coach in waiting. I even wrote about his contract. I was kicked in the teeth by a number of posters. A few months later, Hop in waiting was made official. I have held back on things I found out since.

"Treated like this by you." Really? My goodness. Again, just responding to a poster's comment about people being all over the place on this recruitment and injected a general saying. In any event, it's apparent in the way in which you chose to respond to me that this topic is still a very sensitive subject matter for you. My apologies for the painful trigger/flashback. FWIW, I've never singled/called anyone out relative to information, but actually welcome it. However, just as RF responded, one can freely choose for themselves how to decipher the particular information that is offered.

I think we all appreciate the info. But, I would like to see some winky faces.

I think we all appreciate the info. But, I would like to see some winky faces.
I wasn't upset with you at all. I just wanted to give a context on what happens when someone with information is dismissed for having it. I'm not saying you did that but what you wrote hasn't been true here. We are lucky to have people that do have info. It's one of the things that make this board great.

I wasn't upset with you at all. I just wanted to give a context on what happens when someone with information is dismissed for having it. I'm not saying you did that but what you wrote hasn't been true here. We are lucky to have people that do have info. It's one of the things that make this board great.
Was this meant for me? I was just lobbying for more winky faces.

Seriously? UConn only has 1 player between 6’4
and 6’8; and that is Sid Wilson who wasnt good last year and is pretty much a poor mans Andre. UConn has 1s and 2s and 4s and 5s. Unless Sid Wilson breaks out this year or Hurley signs another 3, Dre should step on campus with about 30 minutes of guaranteed PT
If that’s true, that explains this apparent decision somewhat.

So weird i still havent seen his commitment announcement. Howd i miss it

Ding, ding, ding.

We’ve been the clear leader for a long time. The out of the way schools like UCLA and Iowa were really never a serious option. UConn was going back to the BE but it had to be negotiated when they could leave the AAC. It was going to be 2020, 21 or 22. On July 27 it was announced that UConn had reached agreement with the AAC for $17m to leave July 2020. Thus in the past two months, besides selling him a starting spot and a lot of PT which we couldn’t guarantee, it could be sold that they would have many more away conference games that his family could more likely attend than ACC away games.
I’m slightly skeptical about this. We should have been able to overcome it. Cuse is 1.5 hours away so the family would be able to see all his home games, which is really what matters. Yes, they could drive to see him play at PC, St John’s and SH. But with Cuse, they could see him play at BC. Nova and Gtown are a bit of a stretch but fine for weekend trips. However, we play Gtown every year too—and may be playing Nova or St Johns in the future as well. Plus we play in MSG every year. UConn has tons of faraway away games—Nebraska, Indiana, Wisconsin, etc. At least at Cuse he’d be able to play away games at real college basketball meccas like Chapel Hill and Cameron Indoor. I gotta think immediate playing time guarantee is the ultimate factor that put them back in this race.

I’m slightly skeptical about this. We should have been able to overcome it. Cuse is 1.5 hours away so the family would be able to see all his home games, which is really what matters. Yes, they could drive to see him play at PC, St John’s and SH. But with Cuse, they could see him play at BC. Nova and Gtown are a bit of a stretch but fine for weekend trips. However, we play Gtown every year too—and may be playing Nova or St Johns in the future as well. Plus we play in MSG every year. UConn has tons of faraway away games—Nebraska, Indiana, Wisconsin, etc. At least at Cuse he’d be able to play away games at real college basketball meccas like Chapel Hill and Cameron Indoor. I gotta think immediate playing time guarantee is the ultimate factor that put them back in this race.

SU and UConn are pretty much the same distance so home games aren’t any different. It’s the road games in conference that you’ll play almost every season. Big east is far easier with many trans much closer to home.

SU and UConn are pretty much the same distance so home games aren’t any different. It’s the road games in conference that you’ll play almost every season. Big east is far easier with many trans much closer to home.
It’s not the Big East of old. Only PC, SH, St. Johns and Nova are easily drivable from Albany area. We have BC and at least one MSG game every year. UVA and Pitt are also drivable for games in the ACC but with overnight stays. Gtown in the Big East is drivable for a game with an overnight stay (but Cuse plays Gtown every year too). Is the family really going to choose UConn because of 3 more close-ish away games? IMO, I don’t think so. It’s gotta mostly come down to playing time.

It’s not the Big East of old. Only PC, SH, St. Johns and Nova are easily drivable from Albany area. We have BC and at least one MSG game every year. UVA and Pitt are also drivable for games in the ACC but with overnight stays. Gtown in the Big East is drivable for a game with an overnight stay (but Cuse plays Gtown every year too). Is the family really going to choose UConn because of 3 more close-ish away games? IMO, I don’t think so. It’s gotta mostly come down to playing time.

Overall the big east games are much closer to Schenectady than ACC games including the big east tournament is always in nyc. It’s not the only reason but imo it’s a reason. It’s the only thing that has changed recently. Let’s hope it doesn’t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom