Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

5. Benny Williams | 6'8 Wing/Guard | IMG National | 2021

Benny Williams was very hard to score on when around the rim. He's got hops out of this world that he uses to protect the rim and finish at the rim as he did with consistency for the IMG National squad. He'll be an electric name at Syracuse for years to come.

5. Benny Williams | 6'8 Wing/Guard | IMG National | 2021

Benny Williams was very hard to score on when around the rim. He's got hops out of this world that he uses to protect the rim and finish at the rim as he did with consistency for the IMG National squad. He'll be an electric name at Syracuse for years to come.
they spelled "months" wrong

It’s posts like this that verify that the world has changed for the worst.
a world in which talented people are fairly compensated is a worse one. got it.
tenor-1.gif

if he's here for a 2nd year, i will be disappointed
Yeah, I get that. But, maybe Benny is the kind of guy that sees the possibility of a championship, based on who we have coming back and who we bring in, and he decides to stay a second year.

Yeah, I get that. But, maybe Benny is the kind of guy that sees the possibility of a championship, based on who we have coming back and who we bring in, and he decides to stay a second year.
College championships are so guys like Gerry can sell cars to college fans. The NBA is for people to play against the best, and try to be the best.
Both are equally meritorious, but neither is for everyone.

Uh, who are we “bringing in” that he’s gonna wanna stick around for?

Back when we still believed that might be Dior, then yeah - that’s at least something to consider.

As of now? If he can bounce after one season, he absolutely, positively should.

College championships are so guys like Gerry can sell cars to college fans. The NBA is for people to play against the best, and try to be the best.
Both are equally meritorious, but neither is for everyone.
Very true. Of course everyone is lured by the money, but Benny comes from a middle-class background i believe, so maybe his peeps are old school enough to stress education. Not to say he’ll stay all four years, but maybe he decides to come back for a couple, try to win a NC, and become a legend like Melo or Hak or GMac.
Melo can lose his entire bank account tomorrow, move back to the Cuse and never have to work again. That’s big time, lifelong, eternal cred- which a player will never have in the pros. JMHO

Last edited:
Uh, who are we “bringing in” that he’s gonna wanna stick around for?

Back when we still believed that might be Dior, then yeah - that’s at least something to consider.

As of now? If he can bounce after one season, he absolutely, positively should.
We don’t know yet who we are bringing in in 2022. That is a long way off. Even he is a year away. But, if his freshman year is successful and just about everyone is coming back and we bring in players that he believes can take us to the Final Four, perhaps he would stay. It’s just a thought. A positive thought, I know some struggle with that here. But, it isn’t out of the question.

Not everyone who is good as a freshman goes to the pros. Lots of highly ranked guys who played well as a freshman decide to come back for another year. Let’s cross that bridge in two years.

May want to chill on building up a kid as a 1 and done before he gets here. He's not going anywhere after year 1 if Griffin, QG and possibly Marek are still around clogging up the 3/4 mins as well. Add in if Woody is any good plus Kadary needing to get mins on the wing with Buddy/Girard still getting 60 mins minimum in the backcourt. Jimbo isn't going to all of a sudden start worrying about freshman development when he has guys with a ton of experience at the same spot.

Last edited:
May want to chill on building up a kid as a 1 and done before he gets here. He's not going anywhere after year 1 if Griffin, QG and possibly Marek are still around clogging up the 3/4 mins as well. Add in if Woody is any good plus Kadary needing to get mins on the wing with Buddy/Girard still getting 60 mins minimum in the backcourt. Jimbo isn't going to all of a sudden start worrying about freshman development when he has guys with a ton of experience at the same spot.
Benny will start. He is good enough to be one and done. Doesn’t mean he 100% will be, but we have had players go one and done who weren’t as good.

I think adding Benny to next years team and if everyone comes back we will be national championship contenders. The experience, the shooting, everyone getting better after another season and off season and adding a talent like Benny can put us over the top IMO. Getting the extra years for marek/bourama (if they choose to use them and I think they will) is game changing for us.

I think adding Benny to next years team and if everyone comes back we will be national championship contenders. The experience, the shooting, everyone getting better after another season and off season and adding a talent like Benny can put us over the top IMO. Getting the extra years for marek/bourama (if they choose to use them and I think they will) is game changing for us.

It will be interesting to see the "free" year of eligibility is handled -- both by the players and by the coaching staff. I wouldn't fault either of the seniors if they want to move on and start earning professional paychecks overseas. But maybe one or both of them will want to return. If they do, and I'd welcome them back with open arms, the frontcourt is crowded as hell.

It will be interesting to see the "free" year of eligibility is handled -- both by the players and by the coaching staff. I wouldn't fault either of the seniors if they want to move on and start earning professional paychecks overseas. But maybe one or both of them will want to return. If they do, and I'd welcome them back with open arms, the frontcourt is crowded as hell.
I agree. Will be very interesting, I think it will benefit us as a whole because we have a good amount of guys who I think are program guys and would take advantage of that extra year compared to a lot of the other bball powerhouses. Joe G, buddy I expect to use them as well as the two seniors.

I also agree the front court will be crowded but IMO that’s a great thing for us.

Benny will start. He is good enough to be one and done. Doesn’t mean he 100% will be, but we have had players go one and done who weren’t as good.
Someone may want to alert Kadary and Griffin to this. No matter how good they are this year, they are both coming off the bench next year. Very excited to see Griffin go for 15 a game this year as a starter and then be moved to a bench role behind a Freshman.

Someone may want to alert Kadary and Griffin to this. No matter how good they are this year, they are both coming off the bench next year. Very excited to see Griffin go for 15 a game this year as a starter and then be moved to a bench role behind a Freshman.
Kadary, most likely, won’t be an incumbent starter. And, Marek is likely gone, opening a starting spot. If everyone comes back, then we will have unbelievable first world problems. At the end of the day, Benny would be our most talented player. He is versatile. He is the type of player that you surround with complementary players. And we will have those type of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom