Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greatness??? for 0.00000000003 % of any incoming freshman class
This has nothing to do with college athletics but...I guess you don't support the inclusive format of public schools. lol
What I don't support is dumbing down of curriculum so people don't feel bad. I believe if you expect a lot from kids you will usually get a lot, or at least their best.
If you are of the school of thought that no one should excel so no one will feel bad, (the current trend in our public education system and colleges) then you are part of the problem in this country.

Dragging people to the mean is not good for anyone, especially on a macro level.

Greatness??? for 0.00000000003 % of any incoming freshman class
This has nothing to do with college athletics but...I guess you don't support the inclusive format of public schools. lol
So why should your self proclaimed 0.00000000003 have to stay in school for years so your team can do better?

Just a FYI- he’s going to be a 2 year kid. Been the plan with him from the beginning. He’ll get some time next year but Q and Griff will start
I have been saying that Benny will start. That was assuming we would lose one of Alan and Quincy. If they are both still here, we will have first world problems at forward, because Benny is too good not to play a ton.

You're right, not many at all. Best two footed jumper I ever saw was Red Bruin. Right before he launched he would squat down and then everyone in the building would rise to their feet.
I remember 2 games in particular that Bruin put on an absolute high flying show 1 vs. Houston aka. ( phi slama jama ) and 2 against Marquette ( Doc Rivers ) we won both those games it the dome. Bruin scored 26 in eachof those games mostly on rim rattling dunks.

I remember 2 games in particular that Bruin put on an absolute high flying show 1 vs. Houston aka. ( phi slama jama ) and 2 against Marquette ( Doc Rivers ) we won both those games it the dome. Bruin scored 26 in eachof those games mostly on rim rattling dunks.
We got blown out by Depaul and all Al McGuire could talk about is Bruin. When the bright lights (national tv) were on Red was unreal. When he took off baseline sometimes he got horizontal to the floor, like superman.

We got blown out by Depaul and all Al McGuire could talk about is Bruin. When the bright lights (national tv) were on Red was unreal. When he took off baseline sometimes he got horizontal to the floor, like superman.
I remember one Bruin dunk where he was just that, almost head and feet (not quite) parallel with The goal.
it was remarkable, one of the highlights I remember over the 52 years plus of watching/following Syracuse.

And Griffin seems like “first year Eli”, which is not good enough to leave.

IF he becomes good enough all around to be more like “last year Eli”, then - he gone.

I just assume that’s his plan and intentions.

But if he’s back too, the rich get richer.

Either way, we look to be loaded at forward(hoping Q is still here!). Really excited we’re getting big, athletic, and skilled kids who can play both ends again. Gonna start looking like the Fair/Grant/Southerland years here again!

I just assume that’s his plan and intentions.

But if he’s back too, the rich get richer.

Either way, we look to be loaded at forward(hoping Q is still here!). Really excited we’re getting big, athletic, and skilled kids who can play both ends again. Gonna start looking like the Fair/Grant/Southerland years here again!

I'm already dreaming of a Richmond, Boeheim, Griffin, Guerrier, Ajak starting lineup next year with Williams, Newton, Girard, and Anselem backing them up.

Prolly won't happen given our history but it's always fun to think about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.