Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone may want to alert Kadary and Griffin to this. No matter how good they are this year, they are both coming off the bench next year. Very excited to see Griffin go for 15 a game this year as a starter and then be moved to a bench role behind a Freshman.
Kadary isn't a forward, he will play a ton and his playing time will not be effected by Benny.

Someone may want to alert Kadary and Griffin to this. No matter how good they are this year, they are both coming off the bench next year. Very excited to see Griffin go for 15 a game this year as a starter and then be moved to a bench role behind a Freshman.
I could be wrong but I don’t think Marek or Bourama will be coming back. Maybe we get one of them to return. But we’ll have Benny sliding in at PF and Frank and Jesse splitting time at center as sophomores. As for Kadary, he, Joe and Buddy will split minutes like Triche, Scoop and Dion at the guard positions. Kadary is gonna be too good to keep on the bench, especially once he adjusts to playing the zone.

I could be wrong but I don’t think Marek or Bourama will be coming back. Maybe we get one of them to return. But we’ll have Benny sliding in at PF and Frank and Jesse splitting time at center as sophomores. As for Kadary, he, Joe and Buddy will split minutes like Triche, Scoop and Dion at the guard positions. Kadary is gonna be too good to keep on the bench, especially once he adjusts to playing the zone.
Between Griffin, Quincy, possibilty of Marek returning and the possibility of one of Buddy/Kadary needing wing mins if 25-27mpg isn't enough for each guard, I just don't think a starting spot is guaranteed.

We always build our recruits up so I do not treat board hype as gospel but guess we'll see next year and I'll certainly be happy as hell if he's that great that he instantly surpasses a bunch of upperclassmen.

it had to be done

4nu8b5.jpg

a world in which talented people are fairly compensated is a worse one. got it.
View attachment 191835
Yes Einstein. I live in Syracuse. We have college basketball here . We have players who are OK...decent...not great that leave after one or two years. We used to have great...not good but great...players who were here for 3 or 4 years before they left. So the world for college basketball fans has changed for the worse. Is that tough for you to understand?

Yes Einstein. I live in Syracuse. We have college basketball here . We have players who are OK...decent...not great that leave after one or two years. We used to have great...not good but great...players who were here for 3 or 4 years before they left. So the world for college basketball fans has changed for the worse. Is that tough for you to understand?
overall program performance in the 1&done era has been about the same - and, if anything, slightly better - than in that golden hued earlier era.

so, yes, it is tough for me to understand. there does not appear to be any rational reason for it.

of course, i can think of an irrational reason or two . . .

I thought who gets to play is determined by your performance at practices. Release the Alphas and may the best man win

overall program performance in the 1&done era has been about the same - and, if anything, slightly better - than in that golden hued earlier era.

so, yes, it is tough for me to understand. there does not appear to be any rational reason for it.

of course, i can think of an irrational reason or two . . .
Really? The McCullough, Richardson, Donte Green one and done teams were equal or better than the Pearl,Douglas,Coleman, Owens,Seikaly,etc. heyday?

I have no “rational” response

Really? The McCullough, Richardson, Donte Green one and done teams were equal or better than the Pearl,Douglas,Coleman, Owens,Seikaly,etc. heyday?

I have no “rational” response
cherry pick much? i can do it too . . . and better

those 5 players all played 3 years or more & went to 1 final four & attained 0 #1 seeds

the 5 of carmelo, wes, dion, mali & tyler all played 2 seasons or less & went to 3 final fours & attained 2 #1 seeds. oh, and a national title.

cherry pick much? i can do it too . . . and better

those 5 players all played 3 years or more & went to 1 final four & attained 0 #1 seeds

the 5 of carmelo, wes, dion, mali & tyler all played 2 seasons or less & went to 3 final fours & attained 2 #1 seeds. oh, and a national title.
I like both eras of Syracuse basketball. And, I look forward to the next era of Syracuse basketball. Benny is going to be special.

Due to anti-free enterprise and anti personal freedom rules which are the antithesis of American ideals.
It just so happened (or was it coincidental)that those rules had a negative economic impact primarily on African American athletes.
For contrast, why is it that tennis, golf, hockey and baseball athletes (also actors, musicians, welders, programmers, etc.) do not have to go to college at all before going pro.
What does going to college have to do with being a pro basketball player. Nothing! It's just free R&D for the NBA. In exchange, the NBA suppresses the labor market, allowing colleges to hold onto kids who could otherwise be off making more money than most adults.

Due to anti-free enterprise and anti personal freedom rules which are the antithesis of American ideals.
It just so happened (or was it coincidental)that those rules had a negative economic impact primarily on African American athletes.
For contrast, why is it that tennis, golf, hockey and baseball athletes (also actors, musicians, welders, programmers, etc.) do not have to go to college at all before going pro.
What does going to college have to do with being a pro basketball player. Nothing! It's just free R&D for the NBA. In exchange, the NBA suppresses the labor market, allowing colleges to hold onto kids who could otherwise be off making more money than most adults.
The other side of the coin is.....
It also allows for a free education for the 99.9% of college players that don't make the NBA. It also prepares another group of less than NBA talented players to develop for overseas careers. Mega benefits for the vast majority vs. the elite few.

The other side of the coin is...
It also allows for a free education for the 99.9% of college players that don't make the NBA. It also prepares another group of less than NBA talented players to develop for overseas careers. Mega benefits for the vast majority vs. the elite few.
And those that need that, stay in school. Don't support a system that suppresses greatness for the sake of the mediocre.

And those that need that, stay in school. Don't support a system that suppresses greatness for the sake of the mediocre.
Greatness??? for 0.00000000003 % of any incoming freshman class
This has nothing to do with college athletics but...I guess you don't support the inclusive format of public schools. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.