Class of 2022 - SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, when we sign someone in the top 25, it’s not about bags?
Dior, Lands, and Bazely were promised/given bags first, then they got offered bigger bags, and so they gave our small bags back? Is that how it works?

NIL—what industry or media in Durham is more conducive to producing NIL offers than we can? What is deficient in Syracuse? Why can’t we play those games as well as anyone else?

Dior, Lands, and Bazely were promised/given bags first, then they got offered bigger bags, and so they gave our small bags back? Is that how it works?

NIL—what industry or media in Durham is more conducive to producing NIL offers than we can? What is deficient in Syracuse? Why can’t we play those games as well as anyone else?
Dion was a top 30 guy. Lands is top 50. Bazely ended up top 20, but then he left because of money. Duke gets top 10 guys.

It’s a culture thing man. Our whole program is stale and living in the past if you ask current high school recruits. We are a sleeping giant, but there are other giants not asleep and they haven’t been. It’s all about “what’re you doing for me lately” and it will be that way more-so now then ever with generations coming up.

Dion was a top 30 guy. Lands is too 50. Bazely ended up top 20, but then he left because of money. Duke gets top 10 guys.
I don’t know what you’re saying. That only the top 10 guys are about bags and NIL offers that we can’t match?

I was responding to the too frequent excuse around these parts, that it’s because of “bags” that other teams sign elite talent. But, when we have signed big time recruits, it somehow had nothing to do with that.

I don’t know what you’re saying. That only the top 10 guys are about bags and NIL offers that we can’t match?

I was responding to the too frequent excuse around these parts, that it’s because of “bags” that other teams sign elite talent. But, when we have signed big time recruits, it somehow had nothing to do with that.
I am saying that if you look back at Duke’s recruiting, it’s very easy to see where it changed. And, it is really easy to understand why it changed.

It’s a culture thing man. Our whole program is stale and living in the past if you ask current high school recruits. We are a sleeping giant, but there are other giants not asleep and they haven’t been. It’s all about “what’re you doing for me lately” and it will be that way more-so now then ever with generations coming up.
I agree.

Remember how commentators used to talk about John Cheney’s Temple teams? It was all about the zone. And Cheney made a nice name for himself, with that signature zone, and a few really good players and tournament runs. But, I don’t think top tier players were ever really going to embrace that and flock to a little Philly gym to play a defense that was the equivalent to the Wing T, when they knew they had pro potential.

I think that to a lot of the outside world, we are just Temple plus a Dome.

It‘s a program in need of a reset and an identity update.

I am saying that if you look back at Duke’s recruiting, it’s very easy to see where it changed. And, it is really easy to understand why it changed.
I‘m asking for an explanation. Talk to me as if a child I am.

Look back? How far back? When were they not getting this kind of talent?

I‘m asking for an explanation. Talk to me as if a child I am.

Look back? How far back? When were they not getting this kind of talent?
without looking at it, check out the 5 years preceding 2013.

With all respect to the people who work there, those rankings were the worst player rankings I’ve maybe ever seen in my entire life. The response they’ve gotten on social media shows the same thoughts from others.

Nice write up -- he seems like a quality kid.

Hope he actualizes his potential, because he has a lot of tools. Seems to struggle maximizing his athletic prowess. Wonder if he ends up being like Southerland, in that regard -- tantalizing athletic potential, but more of a jump shooter who leaves you wanting more.

Hope he actualizes his potential, because he has a lot of tools. Seems to struggle maximizing his athletic prowess. Wonder if he ends up being like Southerland, in that regard -- tantalizing athletic potential, but more of a jump shooter who leaves you wanting more.
I agree with your comparison. In the brief peeks at his games, he reminds me of James Southerland. I have not yet seen the determination from him needed to excel in this game.

In fairness- I would take a Southerland clone in a heartbeat, especially if he can get to being productive sooner vs later.

In fairness- I would take a Southerland clone in a heartbeat, especially if he can get to being productive sooner vs later.

I didn't say he was a clone, I was just comparing the athleticism to the underwhelming [relatively speaking] production.

And in the main, Southerland ended up being pretty darn good. Just felt like he could have been better -- the athletic tools were there.

Obviously, if this kid gives us the same level of production as JS, I think we'd all be pretty happy. I have doubts that he'll approach even that level, but would love to be wrong.

Bunch doesn’t come close to JSouths ability to rip it….

Bunch shoots a 3 like Lawrence Moten; it's practically a set shot. He's not going to be that open to get it off in college, except as the third or fourth option on offense. He has no handle, but he is fairly athletic. I see a guy who's going to need a year or so before he can contribute. I think Maliq Brown, because of his rebounding, is probably going to see the most time among the frosh next year.

Athleticism comparative to Southerland really isn't in the same stratosphere.

People can say what they want, but I don't see elite athleticism when I watch Bunch play. He's decent, and certainly better than the two forwards we currently have.

But he's not close to Fair, Southerland, Johnson, etc. More along the lines of Kris Joseph, IMO. Which is fine, but I don't think he's got Joseph's handle

Bunch shoots a 3 like Lawrence Moten; it's practically a set shot. He's not going to be that open to get it off in college, except as the third or fourth option on offense. He has no handle, but he is fairly athletic. I see a guy who's going to need a year or so before he can contribute. I think Maliq Brown, because of his rebounding, is probably going to see the most time among the frosh next year.
Yeah I don’t think you were smelling what I was saying…

Athleticism comparative to Southerland really isn't in the same stratosphere.

People can say what they want, but I don't see elite athleticism when I watch Bunch play. He's decent, and certainly better than the two forwards we currently have.

But he's not close to Fair, Southerland, Johnson, etc. More along the lines of Kris Joseph, IMO. Which is fine, but I don't think he's got Joseph's handle

That's fair. Not Fair, tho. ;)

But, TBF - even KrisJo didn't have KrisJo's handle, until his Soph year at Cuse.

He was soft and outta shape as a Frosh, and his only notable contribution was getting in late during the 6OT game, and not doing too much wrong to screw it up.

I agree with those who think Brown is the F who gets some meaningful run next year.
He plays with energy, he defends and rebounds, and has a surprisingly good all-around game, for a dude we thought was just a banger.

Seems more and more like the other 4 guys are all more developmental projects -
hence us trying to land Mintz, who could be a very impactful player on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom