Class of 2022 - SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what you’re saying. That only the top 10 guys are about bags and NIL offers that we can’t match?

I was responding to the too frequent excuse around these parts, that it’s because of “bags” that other teams sign elite talent. But, when we have signed big time recruits, it somehow had nothing to do with that.
we were saying the same things about Kentucky when we lost out on Noel and they seemed to recruit a different fab five every year. Truth is KY has just about the Taj Mahal of athletic dorms in the world. They have a great tradition that even goes back further than ours as if any modern player cared, a rabid fan base, gorgeous women and donors at least as generous as ours. Duke puts a lot of guys in the league, we used to put more in the league and that is what everyone cares about who thinks they are eventually going to get big bucks to paly hoops. Programs like Duke and Kentucky are always on in Prime time games so they get exposure like we used to on Big Mondays. No more bellyaching, get the best guys who want to be here and wi

Bag, bag, and bag.
Bags, bags, and bags.
I’ll add one more: “Excuses, excuses, excuses”.
IOW, if “bags” are the order of the day & the defining characteristic for getting better recruits, then why aren’t we giving out bags as well? With NIL it’s practically a necessity. At what point do we commit to what’s inevitable? Serious question.

I didn't say he was a clone, I was just comparing the athleticism to the underwhelming [relatively speaking] production.

And in the main, Southerland ended up being pretty darn good. Just felt like he could have been better -- the athletic tools were there.

Obviously, if this kid gives us the same level of production as JS, I think we'd all be pretty happy. I have doubts that he'll approach even that level, but would love to be wrong.

Yeah I was using the term casually. I don't see it either given that while he has the tools he has even been inconsistent at Wasatch which, even with good competition is a walk in the park vs the collegiate level.

Bunch somewhat continues the trend of great kids with some intriguing skills but also with clear areas of development that show up even at this level. You could argue that many of our better recruiting classes didn't have the obvious areas of development before stepping on campus as most were elite in comparison to the majority of their peers.

IOW, if “bags” are the order of the day & the defining characteristic for getting better recruits, then why aren’t we giving out bags as well? With NIL it’s practically a necessity. At what point do we commit to what’s inevitable? Serious question.

Yeah not seeing that comment as an excuse as much as.. something we might not do well enough that holds us back.

we were saying the same things about Kentucky when we lost out on Noel and they seemed to recruit a different fab five every year. Truth is KY has just about the Taj Mahal of athletic dorms in the world. They have a great tradition that even goes back further than ours as if any modern player cared, a rabid fan base, gorgeous women and donors at least as generous as ours. Duke puts a lot of guys in the league, we used to put more in the league and that is what everyone cares about who thinks they are eventually going to get big bucks to paly hoops. Programs like Duke and Kentucky are always on in Prime time games so they get exposure like we used to on Big Mondays. No more bellyaching, get the best guys who want to be here and wi
Was Kentucky not Kentucky when Tubby Smith was coaching there?

Bunch shoots a 3 like Lawrence Moten; it's practically a set shot. He's not going to be that open to get it off in college, except as the third or fourth option on offense. He has no handle, but he is fairly athletic. I see a guy who's going to need a year or so before he can contribute. I think Maliq Brown, because of his rebounding, is probably going to see the most time among the frosh next year.
Yikes. Our freshman class may leave a lot to be desired—though I love Copeland and Carey’s potential. It seems like most people on here don’t think any of these guys can be big contributors as freshman. I was hoping that Bunch would be able to play right away as a key sub. Any chance we could get involved with Kamari Lands again now that Mack got fired?

Yikes. Our freshman class may leave a lot to be desired—though I love Copeland and Carey’s potential. It seems like most people on here don’t think any of these guys can be big contributors as freshman. I was hoping that Bunch would be able to play right away as a key sub. Any chance we could get involved with Kamari Lands again now that Mack got fired?
Seems to be Mintz or a grad transfer

I agree that we built this class expecting that one of those Top 40 scoring guards would choose us. There were so many whose "final five" we made, but we didn't close the deal with one of those guys. This has turned into a class kind of like the Winfred Walton class, which had a bunch of very good role players, and he was going to be the scoring star.

The rest of that class - I think this was a class with Jason Hart, Etan Thomas, Ramel (Rock) Lloyd, and LeSean Howard. Two became stars, one was pretty good, and one hung around for a while but never really got into the rotation.

A good class, and the next year they picked up Ryan Blackwell to kind of replace Walton's front court production, which he did a very solid job of. Ryan, to me, is one of our really underrated players. They also added Damone Brown, Allen Griffin and Eric Williams to fill out the next class. Two program guys who panned out for a couple seasons, and a PF who had talent, but bombed out.

We have two NCAA penalties under this coach. Another instance might mean the death penalty, if what some of us say is true, about how much the NCAA "hates" JAB.

Seems to be Mintz or a grad transfer
Or? I think they’ll be aiming for both Mintz and a transfer, maybe even two transfers. Also they don’t need to be *grad* transfers. All transfers can now play right away, unless they’ve already transferred once.

Unfortunately, I don’t think JB is going to bring in any transfers next year. He already said the numbers are what he likes. He doesn’t want more than 10-11 on the roster. We have five freshman plus, Joe, Jessie, Frank, Symir, Benny, Bol, and Chaz. That’s twelve plus he’s looking at Mintz. If a couple leave that might change things.

Recruiting is hypercompetitive. It involves gravitas, coach, facilities, and exposure. As a membef of the ACC we have less gravitas than we did as Beast of the East. As a result of poor play and loss of rivals we have less exposure. Our facilities are competitive but they need to be superior to make up for our deficits. There is too much misplaced blame. It is difficult to close a deal when the competition offers a better product.

The commits of Bunch, Taylor, and Carey are all in town for the game along with the big recruit, Mintz...
Screenshot_20220226-184827_Instagram.jpg

Dunks and spot up threes. Not one example of him getting by anyone off the dribble.

There was one, where he went glass with the left hand. Not real confident, though.

The more tape highlights or not I see the more this kid looks like a multi year project than early contributor.

Not a knock on the kid either just where it looks like he is in his development currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom