Class of 2022 - SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He and Lands are in the same class, as is Taylor. Plus among 2 of the 3 guards we still seem to be in the hunt for, they play the 2 guard, too, and we're looking to convert them into PGs.

That's too many guys for the same position, like last year we had 4 centers, and wound up playing Marek there for most of the time. That's not how to build an effective roster.

how many times do we play someone who brings in a sub that kills us and is about as good as a stater? The top teams being in waves of subs who have ability. We always complain why don’t we have that kind of depth. If we were fortunate enough to get all those guys, we’re gonna complain we have too many? If someone ends up leaving because they aren’t a starter, oh well.

how many times do we play someone who brings in a sub that kills us and is about as good as a stater? The top teams being in waves of subs who have ability. We always complain why don’t we have that kind of depth. If we were fortunate enough to get all those guys, we’re gonna complain we have too many? If someone ends up leaving because they aren’t a starter, oh well.

We’ll just complain about that then too.

He mentioned he is the only kid we are recruiting hard at his position.. curious what that position is. We have a 2 and a 3 committed...

I get the depth argument and it would be awesome if the approach was for him to be a guy off the bench getting minutes his frosh year playing multiple positions. Or maybe staff isn't so sure on Lands sticking? Just a comment that throws you off a bit

Maybe so, but we just got Justin Taylor, too, and we may still have Bennie, plus remaining seniors. It's just too many guys who look and play too similar, IMO. We need a PG and a true PF.
Yeah we may have a log jam Bunch’s first year. But his second year we most likely lose Lands and Benny. He could step right in year 2. That’s ideally what we would do in past years but with the transfer portal and kids wanting to play the second they step on campus who knows now a days.

He mentioned he is the only kid we are recruiting hard at his position.. curious what that position is. We have a 2 and a 3 committed...

I get the depth argument and it would be awesome if the approach was for him to be a guy off the bench getting minutes his frosh year playing multiple positions. Or maybe staff isn't so sure on Lands sticking? Just a comment that throws you off a bit
My guess is he’ll be the 3/4 in our system. Typical Cuse forward where he can play either spot. They are definitely going to want to add some weight to him. I think he can get around 200 when he gets on campus which would be great

My guess is he’ll be the 3/4 in our system. Typical Cuse forward where he can play either spot. They are definitely going to want to add some weight to him. I think he can get around 200 when he gets on campus which would be great

Anything you think to take stock of relative to him being the only guy at his position we are recruiting ( per his comments at least)?

One can always hope that is a reference to Benny being here at most two years and thus Bunch steps in that following year.. and then if Benny blows up and leaves..

I've ALWAYS been in this camp. As long as you have a true PG and a true 5/shot blocker, bring in as much talent as you can, as often as you can, [almost] regardless of position. Let the players determine who plays where and how often by their play on the court.

That's not really JB's MO (and then I remind myself...he has never had a losing season).

No reason they couldnt play Lands with Bunch in the back of the zone, provided there is an effective center

Yeah. No way Benny doesn't start if he stays for second year I would think though. That is sight unseen in a Cuse uniform to be fair..

To me, it’s not about being a starter; it’s about playing time, so the players develop better. It’s too bad we can’t have a line shift where we bring in young players with a shot blocker and let them run the opponent’s hard!

"It's a players driven team. Players when they play, he lets them go. It's up to them how they play."

Huh.
Aka rolling the ball out

Houston got to a F4 and Baylor won a NC w/ interchangeable guys all in this mode- 6’4 to 6’8, multi-skilled, tough defenders, and good shooters. That’s the new prototype, IMO. I don’t see a problem in the least.
Not only is it not a problem, it is a freaking dream. Having your bench guys very nearly as good as your starters is the dream. It's just hard to make happen, because guys can transfer so easily now. But, if you can manage it, that is the way to go.

Houston got to a F4 and Baylor won a NC w/ interchangeable guys all in this mode- 6’4 to 6’8, multi-skilled, tough defenders, and good shooters. That’s the new prototype, IMO. I don’t see a problem in the least.
Where it could be a problem is playing zone. That 5 spot has been a problem as far as finding a kid that can protect the rim, move, and play offense. Lydon was the last one who could do all of the above reasonably well.

After we get the PG and the PF, then sure, I'd be happy to have him on scholarship, instead of Owens, for instance.

He and Lands are in the same class, as is Taylor. Plus among 2 of the 3 guards we still seem to be in the hunt for, they play the 2 guard, too, and we're looking to convert them into PGs.

That's too many guys for the same position, like last year we had 4 centers, and wound up playing Marek there for most of the time. That's not how to build an effective roster.
Bunch isn't coming to play the 2

Bunch isn't coming to play the 2
I read somewhere that he sees himself as a point guard. That would be interesting becuse this class does not currently have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom