Class of 2022 - SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just plain dumb. It would be great if we can land Bunch to go along with Taylor and Lands. Are we worried about having too many good players? Looks like 2, 3,4 to me. That they can all handle the ball and shoot the ball and pass the ball is a problem? Throw in JJ or Copeland and that would be fine by me. Flip is my #1 guy to get but if we got those 4, sign me up.

This is just plain dumb. It would be great if we can land Bunch to go along with Taylor and Lands. Are we worried about having too many good players? Looks like 2, 3,4 to me. That they can all handle the ball and shoot the ball and pass the ball is a problem? Throw in JJ or Copeland and that would be fine by me. Flip is my #1 guy to get but if we got those 4, sign me up.
I feel the same way. Either you can play the wing of the zone or you can't. Lands seems like he will be able to, and so does Bunch who plays center for his high school team.

The problem wasn't having four centers on the roster, it was having four centers that (for whatever reason) JB couldn't/wouldn't give any playing time.

If Bunch, Lands, Taylor and Starling/Copeland/Westry can all defend, rebound, drive, pass and shoot well for their size, I don't see a problem, I see a dominant group that can do everything.

Each one of those guys is a potential mismatch being taller or more skilled than typical (especially if the final piece is Copeland) for their position. It's like having 4 Dolezaj on the court at once, but they'll take the open 3.
Maybe the injuries held back Marek from shooting the 3. His FT percentage improved over the years.

Maybe the injuries held back Marek from shooting the 3. His FT percentage improved over the years.

I loved Dolezaj on this team. I hated that he wouldn't shoot very often and I especially hated he was played out of position for half his career.

Why he didn't shoot is unknown, but he took 29 three pointers as a sophomore and made 11 (.379) and shot only 9 more in his career. He spent two years getting bullied by much bigger players while actual centers sat the bench. Why he was out of position has been hashed and rehashed.

None of this was his fault. I think he should have played next to a center and pushed somebody to the bench while shooting a couple 3s per half. Any one of those guys we are currently recruiting will shoot more threes per season than Dolezaj did in his career. I hated watching Dolezaj play the last two years, but I loved his skills and his effort and his gumption. I wish he had come back for more. My comment was not being critical of Dolezaj.

Having a starting lineup of 4 Dolezaj and a center would be a beautiful thing.

PS, I didn't want to venture into the mechanics of Dolezaj in the plural.

I hope this comes to fruition.

I've been watching his highlights from 2019 to this summer. He shoots a 3 with pretty good accuracy (given highlights ...), but his jump shot has very little lift, even in the lane. It's more like a fake and then a nearly-standing still set shot. That's going to get packed against equally athletic opponents in college. I also don't see anything in his clips to indicate he could be a point guard.

His 2019 highlights are almost all dunks, blocks, and 3 point near-set shots (6 inch vertical LOL). The 2021 highlights from current AAU games show a bit better handle, but no passing to speak of. He still doesn't have much lift on his jumper.

I've been watching his highlights from 2019 to this summer. He shoots a 3 with pretty good accuracy (given highlights ...), but his jump shot has very little lift, even in the lane. It's more like a fake and then a nearly-standing still set shot. That's going to get packed against equally athletic opponents in college. I also don't see anything in his clips to indicate he could be a point guard.

His 2019 highlights are almost all dunks, blocks, and 3 point near-set shots (6 inch vertical LOL). The 2021 highlights from current AAU games show a bit better handle, but no passing to speak of. He still doesn't have much lift on his jumper.
Yeah, his release is way too low. But, he has shooter’s touch. He just needs to take about 500 shots per day with better form. Hard to tell from the videos, but if his alignment is good, it’s just about establishing the confidence on his posture and using his legs for range.

Yeah, his release is way too low. But, he has shooter’s touch. He just needs to take about 500 shots per day with better form. Hard to tell from the videos, but if his alignment is good, it’s just about establishing the confidence on his posture and using his legs for range.

He has a "Lawrence Moten Three". His were "near set shots", too.

That release looks higher than I remember from previous videos. But, as @ithicamatt pointed out, it is a set shot. If he ever added some lift he would be that much more dangerous.

Steph Curry doesn't get much lift on his shot.
Curry-1750444.jpg

Him and Starling/Copeland last pieces to make this class special…Lands being the only guaranteed back line guy next year

what's that have to do with anything

Appears to be some sort of announcement they were setting up for. Generally speaking you don't setup 3 hours before announcing. Also looks like a hotel lobby. You don't rent that longer than you need to.

Also is he at Peach Jam or back in Cali? If Cali- Concord hotels are pricy for everything all from personal experience.

Appears to be some sort of announcement they were setting up for. Generally speaking you don't setup 3 hours before announcing. Also looks like a hotel lobby. You don't rent that longer than you need to.

Also is he at Peach Jam or back in Cali? If Cali- Concord hotels are pricy for everything all from personal experience.

he’s at peach jam in SC.

Still at Peach Jan. They play everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors