Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think all these recruiting gurus have it out for JB. Its ridiculous how often we are left out or not mentioned/pumped up like other schools are when they talk about their recruits. Stupiddd
and, more to the point, esteemed patre.. former syracusefan.com ‘cruitniks follow the lead of/join right in with these prominent ntl guys and openly ridicule JB every chance they get

Kamari finishes Pool Play at Peach Jam averaging 15.9 PPG (42%FG/69%FT/25%3P), 6.7 RPG, 2.3 APG (2.4 TOPG), 1.4 SPG, 0.4 BPG over 7 games.
I am surprised with the amount of rebounds he pulled down in the Peach Jam. He strikes me as a shooter/scorer with maybe 1 assist and 1 rebound a game on average. A pleasant surprise.

I am surprised with the amount of rebounds he pulled down in the Peach Jam. He strikes me as a shooter/scorer with maybe 1 assist and 1 rebound a game on average. A pleasant surprise.
He's a complete player. Seems like a quieter dude on social media and his commitment caught our forum off guard. We haven't ever gotten sufficiently hyped for him, but the dude can play.

A couple of guys have alluded to this here, but I can't believe how little attention Lands is getting, particularly on this site. Maybe it is because his commitment came out of nowhere with little prediction, crystal balls etc. But it seems like this kid may be an absolute stud who even as a top 50 recruit may be underrated nationally. Frankly Lands has been as good as anyone in the recent tournaments. Haven't seen as many highlights as some of the other players but his stats suggest we have a pure scorer.
I also think the Dior and Bazley debacles have people a little on edge like they don't want to get burned again, given that Lands has not made an official. I get that but until there is a reason to worry and I don't forsee that, we should celebrate landing this kid. The staff has been working their arses off and we are getting the type of players we should get at Syracuse.
Like I said in a post re Taylor, getting this kid is a terrific sign that this program is headed in the right direction and recruiting at the level where we should. Can't wait to see this kid in Orange.

good piece here.
Syracuse Commit Kamari Lands Has Big Week in the EYBL

Last edited:
A couple of guys have alluded to this here, but I can't believe how little attention Lands is getting, particularly on this site. Maybe it is because his commitment came out of nowhere with little prediction, crystal balls etc. But it seems like this kid may be an absolute stud who even as a top 50 recruit may be underrated nationally. Frankly Lands has been as good as anyone in the recent tournaments. Haven't seen as many highlights as some of the other players but his stats suggest we have a pure scorer.
I also think the Dior and Bazley debacles have people a little on edge like they don't want to get burned again, given that Lands has not made an official. I get that but until there is a reason to worry and I don't forsee that, we should celebrate landing this kid. The staff has been working their arses off and we are getting the type of players we should get at Syracuse.
Like I said in a post re Taylor, getting this kid is a terrific sign that this program is headed in the right direction and recruiting at the level where we should. Can't wait to see this kid in Orange.

good piece here.
Syracuse Commit Kamari Lands Has Big Week in the EYBL
Yup Lands is a legit scorer. If we get Starling too that’s about as good of a scoring duo we can land tbh. Lands might be a one and done he is getting leaps and bounds better almost seemingly by the day. From where he was last year to what he just showed in the Peach Jam should make Cuse fans excited

Yup Lands is a legit scorer. If we get Starling too that’s about as good of a scoring duo we can land tbh. Lands might be a one and done he is getting leaps and bounds better almost seemingly by the day. From where he was last year to what he just showed in the Peach Jam should make Cuse fans excited
^^This^^ The combo of Lands and Starling would give us length, versatility, polished skill sets, AND scoring. It's almost like JB has been "born again" in terms of the types of talent we have aggressively targeted. It looks like that trend will continue with the '23 class. Flip would have been perfect here...

Don't forget - we still might have Benny! LOL. I'm freaking giddy at how well things are going in recruiting. If we can land Copeland and a PF of some quality, this team could do serious damage.

1 rebound? He's 6'8 I'd hope he'd pull down more than 1 rebound a game. Freshman year I have him averaging around 13 and 6.
Those would be the statistics I like to see him have. In the games that I watched on-line prior to Peach Jam, Kamari was more of a scorer from the wing and a player that could make his move outside for a shot closer to the basket. He did not demonstrate rebounding skills but looking back he was not counted on as rebounder. Adam Bona and another 6’10”-7’0” teammate dominated the boards forKamari’s team.

Guess Lands was serious when he posted yesterday another chapter had ended. He’s not at their consolation game tonight. Guess he’s done.

Adios

4FD2FEDF-13E4-4ED0-B37F-56BF1D1F4A22.jpeg

It’s only one persons opinion but Lands didn’t even make third team. And there’s 10 per
team. Placed on honorable mention. I know stats aren’t everything but his numbers are better than many that made these teams. And he had an all around game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom