Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

I like very good shape. But I've been following recruiting too long to know that means almost nothing. The finish line isn't even NLI anymore, it's game 1. I felt the looseness of the top 5 list was an indication of how washy things may become. My gut is that someone's getting left at the altar. As a Syracuse fan, it's been implanted in me to expect that someone to be us.
I get the skepticism, I do. I said what I said, and if you think it "means almost nothing," all good! :)

This will come Down to class imo. 2023 or 2024. If the former he’s ours. If the latter buh bye. I think the NIL wins out

I get the skepticism, I do. I said what I said, and if you think it "means almost nothing," all good! :)
I don't think your words mean almost nothing, I do believe that we are in very good shape at the moment but the door seems to be obviously wide open with some big players entering. And now Oregon (Nike) as well. Kids break promises and have trouble telling people "no" to their faces.

Totally agree with some of your sentiments here! All good. We'll see how this all plays out. I'll be in touch with his AAU coach about any future visits to other suitors and/or to the Hill for an unofficial.
Look forward to your updates. One thing we lost hope on that your article stated was he may not have time to court others as much as he might like. His schedule just freed up quite a bit!

Look forward to your updates. One thing we lost hope on that your article stated was he may not have time to court others as much as he might like. His schedule just freed up quite a bit!
Yeah, totally agree on that, given Narbonne lost last night. I'll be in touch soon with his AAU coach to see what other visits are coming up.

Yeah, totally agree on that, given Narbonne lost last night. I'll be in touch soon with his AAU coach to see what other visits are coming up.
Maybe we get lucky and all the airlines will screw up and have no flights available to all these schools. The only flights available are LA to SU with a layover in Chicago.

Unfortunately, his season has come to an early end due to injury...
View attachment 224942

* Marcus said that he was playing with a hairline fracture in his foot.

** His team pulled off the #8 vs #1 upset, and Maximo was a big part of it.

Here is a link to the game recap along with injury news...
Foot issues aren’t good.

Just to clarify, Marcus' team, Narbonne, lost last night in the playoffs.

I believe Cali has 2 types of playoffs. They still have the CIF playoffs coming up next week.

I believe Cali has 2 types of playoffs. They still have the CIF playoffs coming up next week.
I believe that's correct. But Narbonne still lost last night, and I believe Marcus said on social media that his season is over given this injury. Could free up time for visits.

I believe that's correct. But Narbonne still lost last night, and I believe Marcus said on social media that his season is over given this injury. Could free up time for visits.

Yes he is done.

With the schools that are offering, his ratings should improve dramatically. These are not just run of the mill programs.

With the schools that are offering, his ratings should improve dramatically. These are not just run of the mill programs.
Not sure how much of a factor an offer sheet is on a kid's ranking, but I could be wrong. My sense is that analysts and scouts do these rankings based on play in HS and in AAU, but again, I could be wrong. That being said, I've talked to multiple analysts lately, and they all suggest he's going to be a top 50 player as rankings are updated. Of course, which class he ends up being in will have some impact, too.

Not sure how much of a factor an offer sheet is on a kid's ranking, but I could be wrong. My sense is that analysts and scouts do these rankings based on play in HS and in AAU, but again, I could be wrong. That being said, I've talked to multiple analysts lately, and they all suggest he's going to be a top 50 player as rankings are updated. Of course, which class he ends up being in will have some impact, too.
Usually football offers affect rankings. I assume it’s the same for basketball.