Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Anthony Davis is on another level, as far as his rise and if Bazley winds up on a blue blood, no one snatched him from us at the last minute. However, this kid is really raising eyebrows. If we get him, it would be a big coup. He looks like a 5 star talent.

Absolutely agree with all of that, iommi

And I'll add one more thing... pairing Bazley with Brissett will give us the most dynamic set of forwards we have had in a long time. It's the combination of these 2 on the floor that intrigues me the most.

And I'll add one more thing... pairing Bazley with Brissett will give us the most dynamic set of forwards we have had in a long time. It's the combination of these 2 on the floor that intrigues me the most.

We have so many 4 types. That could be an issue from his perspective. I don't know his mindset. He might welcome the competition.

We have to sign him early. before he gets a look at Brissett and MD. Every team has guys. He really won't know how good they are until the season starts. Just like us.

That would be ideal but very tough as his profile rises.

We have so many 4 types. That could be an issue from his perspective. I don't know his mindset. He might welcome the competition.

The thing is, with JB's system, there really isn't much difference between playing the 3 and 4. Especially when both players are as long and multi-skilled as brissett and brazley.

The thing is, with JB's system, there really isn't much difference between playing the 3 and 4. Especially when both players are as long and multi-skilled as brissett and brazley.

Ok, there are so many forwards. Same issue.;)

Reactions: 007
Ok, there are so many forwards. Same issue.;)

Gottcha. As Brazley is blowing up and drawing attention from everyone, I'm guessing he will have an Alpha mindset with regard to competition for playing time.

Gottcha. As Brazley is blowing up and drawing attention from everyone, I'm guessing he will have an Alpha mindset with regard to competition for playing time.

Yeah, good chance you're right, that's why I mentioned that it depends on his mindset. Bottom line, we should go guns blazing for him but this not the kind of talent I feel confident in landing the way things have been goimg for us. He's really be a perfect fit for us. He expressed interest in us initially, so that's a huge plus.

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned his lack of wingspan. I looked at a few pics and agreed. Not sure why. I never got that impression when I watched his film clips. That was dead wrong. Kid's got extremely long arms.

Fair point. But I don't think u realize that Marek is equal to if not more athletic than OB. Kid is a high riser. Jerami Grant type hops

Fair point. But I don't think u realize that Marek is equal to if not more athletic than OB. Kid is a high riser. Jerami Grant type hops

No. I openly acknowledge the possibility that Marek could be a more athletic or better player than Brissett. I think he has a varied skill set, I agree he is a great leaper, and I love that we got him.

What I know is that Marek played in Slovakia against other Slovakian grown men. Because of that variable, it makes it a lot more difficult, for me anyway, to judge his skill set and speed/quickness relative to the competition he faced. I've posted several times that I think he has a potentially very high ceiling. But, he also has more of an unknown floor, especially relative to Brissett at this point in time.

I wonder if anyone else bounces from OSU...

Edit: players leaving?

Last edited:
Have you guys formed an opinion on whom you'd take if you could have either Bazley or Swider? Which we'd more likely have a shot at getting to sign on the line that is dotted? Odds we get at least one of them?

That last question gave me an idea. With the rabidity of the recruiting side growing over recent years, it seems like having it's own Iggys might be fun and of some value?

Have you guys formed an opinion on whom you'd take if you could have either Bazley or Swider? Which we'd more likely have a shot at getting to sign on the line that is dotted? Odds we get at least one of them?

That last question gave me an idea. With the rabidity of the recruiting side growing over recent years, it seems like having it's own Iggys might be fun and of some value?

Push comes to shove I like Bazely. Swider is an excellent shooter and does a lot of things well. Bazely looks like a late blooming NBA lottery pick. He does everything and it's all coming together very quickly.

Wait until our elite camp, see who we get to show and how it goes. That will give us more info about 18 class than anything.

Last edited:
Push comes to shove I like Bazely. Swider is an excellent shooter and does a lot of things well. Bazely looks a late blooming NBA lottery pick. He does everything and it's all coming together very quickly.

Wait until our elite camp, see who we get to show and how it goes. That will give us more info about 28 class than anything.
28 class? Geeze these first graders just be destroying it on the playground

Yep. You should have seen her face. I was all like "TAKE YOUR FREAKING COOKIES AND GET OUT OF HERE!!"

Living the good life fog! "Damn it feels good to be a gangster" I always envead Peter from office space once he was hypnotized and didn't care anymore. He enjoyed everything so much more. Plus he was tapping Jennifer Aniston the whole time. Imagine him blocking 1st graders, he would have gotten promoted again.

Have you ever stuffed a 1st grader? I mean a straight up thumping of their shot right back over their head. I promise you will want to do it again. ;)
xmH1Yz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors