Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

9F0FE2DE-4159-4147-B07C-43C9319BA3DF.jpeg
I hope not I just bought a gold watch.

Something's up...curiously silent We're making guesses about what we think went down. The media is making things more enigmatic...reedny's attachment from cusenation.com shows MCALLISTER'S post on Braswell was cut short. He was originally visiting Tuesday BUT now I read he was here yesterday as well. MCALLISTER'S post sounded very positive as far as it went. However, there are no other posts/ announcements from any other source on RB anywhere so something happened I'd like to know about what …..maybe tomorrow A.M. we'll find out. Changed mind? I'm coming but I have to discuss it with my parents again?

Meanwhile, Osun Osunniyi was visiting today. Could his visit have changed something. Never saw anything like this half baked reporting today anytime? ;)

Something's up...curiously silent We're making guesses about what we think went down. The media is making things more enigmatic...reedny's attachment from cusenation.com shows MCALLISTER'S post on Braswell was cut short. He was originally visiting Tuesday BUT now I read he was here yesterday as well. MCALLISTER'S post sounded very positive as far as it went. However, there are no other posts/ announcements from any other source on RB anywhere so something happened I'd like to know about what …..maybe tomorrow A.M. we'll find out. Changed mind? I'm coming but I have to discuss it with my parents again?

Meanwhile, Osun Osunniyi was visiting today. Could his visit have changed something. Never saw anything like this half baked reporting today anytime? ;)

McAllister and most writers pre-write articles like that so that they can just finish it up and get it posted immediately once the news comes through. It's not the 1st time one of his pre-written articles like that has shown up early. No one should be taking it to mean anything whatsoever.

McAllister and most writers pre-write articles like that so that they can just finish it up and get it posted immediately once the news comes through. It's not the 1st time one of his pre-written articles like that has shown up early. No one should be taking it to mean anything whatsoever.
Sounds like he’s covering his tracks

He is # 3 out of 3 forwards (excluding Hughes), so there is going to be playing time. He is going to get a lot of minutes if Sidibe is not healthy and Marek has to slide to the 5. If he is dropping jump shots, then he is going to get playing time. This should be a no-brainer.

He is # 3 out of 3 forwards (excluding Hughes), so there is going to be playing time. He is going to get a lot of minutes if Sidibe is not healthy and Marek has to slide to the 5. If he is dropping jump shots, then he is going to get playing time. This should be a no-brainer.

Hughes would be ahead of him at the 3.

As for me, not troubled in the slightest.

Come Monday, my trouble-o-meter might crack 5.5.
I mean, it’s between us and UMass. Unless he’s planning an announcement event at his HS, there shouldn’t be anything to think about.

Hughes would be ahead of him at the 3.
I can see that against a smaller OOC team or BC, especially if we're getting zoned. Buddy (SG) and Hughes (SF) give us two good wing shooters. But against bigger conference teams, I would prefer a stretch-4 type of player like Braswell. Even Tyus, who's very strong, has played SG for us not the front line. Andrew White, who's 6'7 and very muscular, struggled to rebound when he played SF - 4.5 rbp in 37 minutes. Fortunately, Oshae came in (6-8 pogostick) and saved us on the glass (along with having a real center). His rebounds almost doubled White's. So I don't know why we would downsize SF unless there's a strong situational reason.

Last edited:
why are people troubled by kids being recruited for depth. he's unlikey to contribute next year and then we'll recruit over him.

I mean, it’s between us and UMass. Unless he’s planning an announcement event at his HS, there shouldn’t be anything to think about.
If perceived strength of program was the only factor in any recruitment, there would never be a need for campus visits (or much of the recruitment process whatsoever).

why are people troubled by kids being recruited for depth. he's unlikey to contribute next year and then we'll recruit over him.
Pretty important depth. We just lost two forwards we were counting on. Currently, we have zero backups at the position unless we start asking our SG's to help there (been there, done that). Yes we can drop Hughes down, but that's a sacrifice on the glass. We won't need Bras to do that much since Oshae and Marek will play a lot. But 5-10 minutes per game isn't unreasonable .. and that's a contribution. Just spelling guys so we're not doing the dead-legs dance again.

Last edited:
Like celeb obits

Both these kids are good enough to contribute, IMO, and I don't mean 3 years from now.