Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

If he's well informed, then he also knows that 3rd forward may not have gotten the playing time he wanted, but it wasn't as though he didn't get the opportunity to get the playing time he wanted. There is some responsibility on the part of the player to do his part also, like minimally be able to stick the ball in the basket occasionally, hold onto boards, and defend someone once in awhile.
If you can contribute enough then you’ll get run it’s really that simple and sometimes it gets broken down too much.

By the way, these aren't exactly high ranking recruits.

Based on what I have seen and what a couple of colleagues I trust chimed in on; I agree. I’m personally not that high on either of these guys but if they last enough in the program to be developmental guys a la Southerland then that’s fine. But people who expect these guys to be ballers right away (assuming one or both commit) will be disappointed, IMO.

Based on what I have seen and what a couple of colleagues I trust chimed in on; I agree. I’m personally not that high on either of these guys but if they last enough in the program to be developmental guys a la Southerland then that’s fine. But people who expect these guys to be ballers right away (assuming one or both commit) will be disappointed, IMO.

Fair enough but I would challenge that you are possibly too short sighted on the other side of the spectrum. From what I hear you see bench fodder guys who are lucky to see minutes in a few years. I would argue that the skillsets they bring and when you look at late blooming kids and how many tend to go through late growth spurts or have limited tape that there is sound reasoning for thinking they can provide serviceable depth and potentially contribute. These not Matt Gorman, Brennan-Mcbride, Cat Rescudr etc type of scenarios.

I was just talking about their rankings. I actually really like Braswell long term.

I check this thread at least 15x per day to see if he signed. I feel like Tyrone Biggums

is-this-a-5-oclock-free-crack-giveaway-get-your-14717699.png
2a4716.jpg

Fair enough but I would challenge that you are possibly too short sighted on the other side of the spectrum. From what I hear you see bench fodder guys who are lucky to see minutes in a few years. I would argue that the skillsets they bring and when you look at late blooming kids and how many tend to go through late growth spurts or have limited tape that there is sound reasoning for thinking they can provide serviceable depth and potentially contribute. These not Matt Gorman, Brennan-Mcbride, Cat Rescudr etc type of scenarios.

Oh definitely not Cat Rescuer types. That was the lowest of the low, lol. Definitely some upside but more long term types. I still think Southerland was a better prospect than Braswell, IMO.

I like how people are pointing to Southerland.

Guys, Southerland was good enough to get a 10 day contract or two in the association.

If that's what Braswell becomes, that's a pretty big snag.

Right. Precisely. I’ve been pumping the brakes a little bit with my take on Braswell-Southerland or a better version of him as some experts on here have proclaimed.

really, really hard to jump to conclusions from short highlight videos. however, i saw length, athleticism, coordination, and shooting skills. to me, that translates to upside. no reason this kid cant eventually start if he keeps developing.

The way he can block shots playing small forward at 6’10” is a weapon the zone has never had .

I would be happy if he could give us like 4 decent minutes pg next year.
we will not need o from him next season, he will have year to develop those skills. if he can play solid d and board a bit he will get more than 4 mpg.

barring injuries, i expect nothing next year. our top 3 forwards in the rotation are solid plus

If he’s not getting minutes I would be all right with that as well.

Rather than rehash old debates, let’s cross that bridge if we get to it.

BTW, I’m in KC right now.

Love KC. Get to Joe’s, Q39, Boulevard, Manifesto, etc.