Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Yea maybe quick feet WITHOUT the ball in his hand. He was not quick or explosive with the ball...at all. Had a shaky handle. He did get up quick and was a damn good dunker...but I actually like when you said strider aa a comparison for southerland. He had a long stride and kind of a goofy run to him from what I remember. Not saying he wasn't athletic because he was. I dont think there is enough to make much of a judgement on braswell either way to be honest. I just know hes a good athlete that has the length and size we like for our system and he can shoot...you know, put the ball in the hoop! Because God knows we needed that last year!

Yeah not enough tape really either way but he’s intriguing for sure. YES, need players who can score and do multiple offensive things. When have we had a forward who could put it on the floor soundly recently? Oh, that was supposed to be Bazely. I do worry about our offense still and scheme probably more than anything. But, yeah, he could be good...will take time.

Reminds me more of Jerami Grant.

Who knows. Much better shooter than Grant. But Grant seemed quicker and more explosive even though this kid is a high riser too. He’s just sort of a high riser, period. He’s intriguing. Again, who knows.

Reminds me the most of Jerami Grant, in terms of SU former player comparison.
Ya actually surprised no ones brought that up yet. Still way more shooting ability that grant will never possess

I've been running around all day, doing my best to have my wife feel loved and cared for from both me and the kids on Mother's day, packing & preparing for some international travel that leaves early tomorrow... I'm worn out. This is honestly just some good wholesome fun encouraging news!

from the twofourseven article

Braswell said if he had to pick one thing that stood out the most about Syracuse, it was their coaching staff.
'Them being a family and them playing for [Boeheim]," he added. "They know what he needs. They know what the team needs.'​

it feels like people are celebrating plan 8

It's a helluva plan 8 for a May pick up.

I concur with others regarding the comparison to Southerland...but only based on the fact I know he can shoot and jump. Its not possible for Braswell to have a worse handle than Southerland, who was probably the weakest ballhandler for any perimeter player we've had play significant minutes.

But Dirty was a great shooter. Lets see how Braswell develops. On the surface, it looks like a very good addition.

I disagree and think this is a tough sell but you are entitled to your opinion
I don’t know what’s so tough to sell. He just defended his state high jump title with a 6-10 jump. Someone said that would be good for 7th in the ACC. He’s a solid outside shooter and a terrific shot blocker. His coach said he played guard before a growth spurt. These are the same qualities as Bazley, just at a lesser level.

Everyone seems to agree Braswell has upside. Well, Bazley is what upside looks like.

no one knew who this guy was a few weeks ago. but now we go him, so it is great. LOL

I don’t know what’s so tough to sell. He just defended his state high jump title with a 6-10 jump. Someone said that would be good for 7th in the ACC. He’s a solid outside shooter and a terrific shot blocker. His coach said he played guard before a growth spurt. These are the same qualities as Bazley, just at a lesser level.

Everyone seems to agree Braswell has upside. Well, Bazley is what upside looks like.

maybe im not sure what youre trying to say

maybe im not sure what youre trying to say
Only that he has the potential to develop into the type of player Bazley is today. I’m not saying that potential will be realized. No guarantees.