Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Goodine is kind of like that as well...staff loved him early on and he luckily committed early but has since gotten more and more publicity and attention. We do have our misses like many programs do but I think our staff is very good at finding guys that fly under the radar that end up being real gems!

Goodine is kind of like that as well...staff loved him early on and he luckily committed early but has since gotten more and more publicity and attention. We do have our misses like many programs do but I think our staff is very good at finding guys that fly under the radar that end up being real gems!
I think it happens at a lot of other schools also but no one pays attention except the fans and the coaches of the other schools .

I obviously wouldn't know exactly but if that's the case it's really a good thing. Guys can still improve a ton without a bunch of minutes AND actually having a couple guys on ice if we need to go there due to some bad series of events (not inconceivable -- Hughes struggles, Sidibe can't get healthy and we have another injury) is a luxury in today's world of college hoops.
I agree to both points and it is nice to have players available to grow into the next year. I just hope with 5-6 new recruits in 2019, the two players do not get over-recruited, moved to the side or worse decide that other pastures look greener and transfer.

Not that it matters what I think, but I was actually happier about getting Braswell than Golden, who didn't seem super athletic nor the type of recruit that fits well into our system. I think Golden would have been better for this year's team, but Braswell is better for the future and has more long-term potential. Neither would/will play much this year anyway, and I think Golden may have ended up transferring out due to his higher ranking and expectation about p/t. Anyway, I'm happy with Braswell, as he reminds me of a more polished freshman Hakim Warrick with his jump shot. He also won't scare away any other big-time recruits, i.e., Akok Akok.

Not that it matters what I think, but I was actually happier about getting Braswell than Golden, who didn't seem super athletic nor the type of recruit that fits well into our system. I think Golden would have been better for this year's team, but Braswell is better for the future and has more long-term potential. Neither would/will play much this year anyway, and I think Golden may have ended up transferring out due to his higher ranking and expectation about p/t. Anyway, I'm happy with Braswell, as he reminds me of a more polished freshman Hakim Warrick with his jump shot. He also won't scare away any other big-time recruits, i.e., Akok Akok.
Agreed. Good post.

I agree, I think he has more upside too. Future looks bright for him.

This opinion was agreed to extensively by most of the board that followed closely.

Notice how Golden quickly became one of the quickest recruiting “let downs” to never be heard of again.

At the time of the recruitment, I thought Bryce Golden was a better fit for Syracuse than Braswell but had hoped we could get both of them. Then the recruitment of Sunniyyi came along and I thought that Sunniyyi was a better fit at PF/C due to his size than Braswell who is very thin.

I am glad that we ended up with Braswell and hope that he stays long term with the team.

At the time of the recruitment, I thought Bryce Golden was a better fit for Syracuse than Braswell but had hoped we could get both of them. Then the recruitment of Sunniyyi came along and I thought that Sunniyyi was a better fit at PF/C due to his size than Braswell who is very thin.

I am glad that we ended up with Braswell and hope that he stays long term with the team.

I don't think you are wrong on either account. Golden might have been better suited to contribute next year than Braswell due to him being 230 and Braswell being a human hyphen.

Sunniyyi would have provided depth at center, which was important given that we don't know for sure how Sidibe will b ounce back from surgery [for the record, I think Sidibe will be just fine].

We also didn't know that Battle would be coming back, so there was a concern about depth at forward, which made Braswell an important insurance policy when DB left us at the altar at the 11th hour.

I think we got a really good prospect in Braswell -- one who [as the coaches believe] will end up far outshooting his recruiting ranking. But it might take him two years to gain some much-needed strength and contribute. Kid could very well be a multi year starter, and he's the type of athlete who usually excels in our system.

But if we're measuring only by short term and who might have contributed "more" next year, your assessment was probably not wrong. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

I don't think you are wrong on either account. Golden might have been better suited to contribute next year than Braswell due to him being 230 and Braswell being a human hyphen.

Sunniyyi would have provided depth at center, which was important given that we don't know for sure how Sidibe will b ounce back from surgery [for the record, I think Sidibe will be just fine].

We also didn't know that Battle would be coming back, so there was a concern about depth at forward, which made Braswell an important insurance policy when DB left us at the altar at the 11th hour.

I think we got a really good prospect in Braswell -- one who [as the coaches believe] will end up far outshooting his recruiting ranking. But it might take him two years to gain some much-needed strength and contribute. Kid could very well be a multi year starter, and he's the type of athlete who usually excels in our system.

But if we're measuring only by short term and who might have contributed "more" next year, your assessment was probably not wrong. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
Surprisely, Braswell was rated higher (149-169) than Golden was (199-203) in some of the final rankings.

I think marek will see some action at the 5 this year. He is 6:10 after all

To be fair, there were also several posters telling people how good OB and Sid really were.
monkeys%20on%20computers.jpg

agree, he has to play 8.5 guys once we hit jan

Can we all agree these are the top 8?
TB
OB
FH
MD
PC
BS
EH
JC

That leaves "shooter" & "emergency" minutes for Buddy and Bras. I can see them splitting the ".5" in the late season rotation as needed. Both can shoot but between the 2 I'd say Bras brings more to the lineup with rebounding and shot blocking, but Buddy brings the wrath of Juli. So they may both get some limited time.