Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Unsigned senior from South Carolina. Seems like a perfect fit for our zone. Can play 3, 4, or 5.
Long 6’9” with 7’ wingspan. Can block shots and shoot the three.

Mostly mid majors that have offered at this point. Only big school to offer recently is Oklahoma St.

Phenom’s Quick Take - 6’9” Unsigned senior Robert Braswell - Phenom Hoop Report

That writeup makes him sound more like Braskey, not Braswell... From the video, tough to tell. Very thin, hit a bunch of totally uncontested 3's. I like the high jump credential to go with the length though.

I like. His release was a little slow, but his shooting form was nice. I saw a little bit of Demetris Nichols in his video.

He jumped 6'6" in the high jump at his last track meet, which is solid.

Southerland was first player that came to my mind watching clip of him. Looks like he can shoot it, very athletic, but limited off the bounce. These are the types of kids that have been missing the last few years when players have left unexpectedly...program guys who are ready to step up and fill the void.

Last year in the EYBL, he played in 12 games starting once. Averaged 7ppg and 2.5rpg. Didn’t collect many blocks, steals or assists. Definitely a SF. The good thing is that even though his stats don’t blow you away, he came on towards the end of the season and scored 10, 20 and 16 in the last 3 games.

Neither Braswell or Golden are going to scare any of the 2019 guys we're going after.
And if they do, I take it to mean they're probably better than expected.

Last year in the EYBL, he played in 12 games starting once. Averaged 7ppg and 2.5rpg. Didn’t collect many blocks, steals or assists. Definitely a SF. The good thing is that even though his stats don’t blow you away, he came on towards the end of the season and scored 10, 20 and 16 in the last 3 games.
Look at you with the research!

Weird offer list: UMass, Charlotte, Fordham, Hofstra, James Madison, Murray State, Oklahoma State

Recent contact with: Wake Forest, Maryland, Syracuse and Virginia.

Haven't seen enough tape to render an opinion, but if it's a choice between him or Golden, I'd rather take Golden. I'd also rather take Quade Green too if he decides to transfer. Look at what Loyola did playing small ball this year.

I like. His release was a little slow, but his shooting form was nice. I saw a little bit of Demetris Nichols in his video.

He jumped 6'6" in the high jump at his last track meet, which is solid.

I was thinking of a combination of Damone Brown and Wendell Alexis.

Weird offer list: UMass, Charlotte, Fordham, Hofstra, James Madison, Murray State, Oklahoma State

Recent contact with: Wake Forest, Maryland, Syracuse and Virginia.

Haven't seen enough tape to render an opinion, but if it's a choice between him or Golden, I'd rather take Golden. I'd also rather take Quade Green too if he decides to transfer. Look at what Loyola did playing small ball this year.

Dude, we just lost 2 guys. We have 3 open scholarships. It's not a choice. We could use BOTH. Badly. This would actually be a really complimentary fit. Golden is the 4/5 combo inside guy with some beef. Braswell is more like a spindly SF with rangy arms, like a Reggie Miller (G'Town, not Indiana) who seems kind of bouncy, but not that polished or smooth offensively.

That would give us cover in the front court, if we got both. Hell, we would STILL have room for another 7 foot project at center.

Personally, I don't think we need Quade Green as a transfer. I just don't see it. We've got a lot of guards already, and we're going to tie up ANOTHER scholarship on a transfer while we're trying to get back? I just don't see it.